Topic locked

Re: Judd Trump - CHAMPION

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Well it is gonna be tough because its Carter or Harold potentially in R2..................................

No premier league either.........................so Decemeber is a long way away. I think disaster is about the right word in these circumstances. I bet he is fuming with the World Open situation. <ok>

I think he is, no doubt as one of the younger stars he is disappointed at having to qualify for the World Open. It looks like he will miss out of the finals on the PTC also, his ranking will suffer although I would expect him to stay in the top 16.

Its disappointing because I am sure he would have wanted to move up into the top 8 and push for top 4.

A tough draw in Shanghai awaits and a QF minimum is needed for confidence

ah well December will whizz round......................... <laugh>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Well it is gonna be tough because its Carter or Harold potentially in R2..................................

No premier league either.........................so Decemeber is a long way away. I think disaster is about the right word in these circumstances. I bet he is fuming with the World Open situation. <ok>

I think he is, no doubt as one of the younger stars he is disappointed at having to qualify for the World Open. It looks like he will miss out of the finals on the PTC also, his ranking will suffer although I would expect him to stay in the top 16.

Its disappointing because I am sure he would have wanted to move up into the top 8 and push for top 4.

A tough draw in Shanghai awaits and a QF minimum is needed for confidence

ah well December will whizz round......................... <laugh>

that reminds me got to get the turkey in <laugh>

Postby vinot

Congratulations to Judd Trump! He has started the season very well, and is an example of a player with motivation to the game. This has been evident in the results of the PTC:s and this is the final piece of evidence. He is living proof you can focus on the game and not sit back in the early months. Judd had quite a lot of points to defend as to the next cut-off point and he has done this better than most. Now perhaps Judd will be thought of as more than just a talent not ready to step up to the next level. I think there will be more to come this season! :D <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:only Pinches has won more Ranking points than Trump this season hes won 4'840 with pinches over 5,000

Trump actually has 8,760 points so far this season with Mark Davis 2nd on 8,040 and Pinches 3rd on 7,050 ;)

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:only Pinches has won more Ranking points than Trump this season hes won 4'840 with pinches over 5,000

Trump actually has 8,760 points so far this season with Mark Davis 2nd on 8,040 and Pinches 3rd on 7,050 ;)

witz, have you got a source for this?

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

http://www.global-snooker.com/rankings- ... nkings.asp

yep simply add the PTC Total to the SM and WO totals and youll see the evidence :)

Postby Rocket_ron

Sorry Guys for my anti- Judd Trump comments last night

Now i dont like the player, however like him or dislike him anti comments isn't fair

So i hereby make a public statement.... " Well done Judd, keep up the good work, you have a good fan base right here at snooker island, most members are touting you as a future peoples champion.. I hope you settle down and keep producing the snooker you and many others know you can"

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

yes if you count the tournaments thats not completed yet which i hadn't lol

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

http://www.global-snooker.com/rankings- ... nkings.asp

yep simply add the PTC Total to the SM and WO totals and youll see the evidence :)

i still don't get what the hell is the relevance of a 3 season Provisional Ranking list World Snooker uses
<doh>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

my figures are more relevant though ;)

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

just wondered is it right to count unearned points yet? because anything could happen and they could lose/recieve different points

Postby Bourne

So all one-year ranking points acquired so far this season are from 3PTCs, 1EPTC and 2 qualifying events for main-tour draws ?

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

just wondered is it right to count unearned points yet? because anything could happen and they could lose/recieve different points

they cant lose them unless the NOTW Caught them cheating but they could add to them .

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:So all one-year ranking points acquired so far this season are from 3PTCs, 1EPTC and 2 qualifying events for main-tour draws ?

4 PTC 1 EPTC and 2 Quals giving Trump as witz said 8,760 points. with Mark Davis second and Pinches 3rd obviously during the Shanghai when big points being rewarded that will change dramatically.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:So all one-year ranking points acquired so far this season are from 3PTCs, 1EPTC and 2 qualifying events for main-tour draws ?

4 PTC 1 EPTC and 2 Quals giving Trump as witz said 8,760 points. with Mark Davis second and Pinches 3rd obviously during the Shanghai when big points being rewarded that will change dramatically.

so witz is basically quoting the one year list? i love the one year list best, its my yard stick to see who is in form

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Yeh 4PTC sorry, thanks. Good early signs for Trump, never denied this was a good series of events for the players and he's showing his class so far, just hope he isn't peaking too soon.

Postby Roland

Peaking too soon. He's taken this long to start to peak so let's see if this is him finally off the ground in the professional game.

Postby Bourne

Wild do we know how many centuries Trump made this week ?

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Peaking too soon. He's taken this long to start to peak so let's see if this is him finally off the ground in the professional game.

nows the best time to go for it <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

rocket_ron wrote:wild your oppinion please.... would you view these PTC's to be more important than the lesser ranker eg welsh open?

Nobody here is claiming that. The ordinary PTC events (not the finals) are all lesser to the seven mainstream rankers, the PTC Finals & The Masters. But they are nonetheless very worthy events, with significant well proportioned points and prize money.

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:wild your oppinion please.... would you view these PTC's to be more important than the lesser ranker eg welsh open?

well of course not as a individual tournaments

World Championship
UK Championship
Masters
China Open
Welsh Open,Shanghai Masters,German Masters
World Open
PTC Finals.
EPTC
PTC
Prem League
Sky Shootout
Power Snooker

that is how id rank them in terms of importance.

but as a complete Package theres more Ranking Points than the World Championship in the PTC and More Price Money than every tournament bar the World Championship.

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:

Nobody here is claiming that. The ordinary PTC events (not the finals) are all lesser to the seven mainstream rankers, the PTC Finals & The Masters. But they are nonetheless very worthy events, with significant well proportioned points and prize money.

I did ask wild, but thanks for your oppinion

Postby Tubberlad

I'd go

World Championship
UK Championship
Masters
World Open & China Open
Shanghai
PTC Finals
Wales & Germany
PTC & EPTC
Premier League
Shoot Out
Power Snooker

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:I'd go

World Championship
UK Championship

China Open
Shanghai Masters
Wales & Germany
Masters
World Open

PTC Finals
PTC & EPTC

Premier League /Shoot Out

Power Snooker

Im surpised you have the masters so far down

Postby Casey

I am surprised at people putting the China Open ahead of the Shanghai Masters when its well known that many players throughout the years don’t take the ranking event before Sheffield as serious as others.

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wrote:I am surprised at people putting the China Open ahead of the Shanghai Masters when its well known that many players throughout the years don’t take the ranking event before Sheffield as serious as others.

world open and masters above china.

it should be

WC
UK
Masters
World open

China
Shanghai
germany
wales

Premier league
PTC
Power snooker

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:I am surprised at people putting the China Open ahead of the Shanghai Masters when its well known that many players throughout the years don’t take the ranking event before Sheffield as serious as others.

i dont rate on time slots i rate on history + frames then ranking points.

thats why the World Open below german masters in terms of prestiege this season for me.

the Grand Prix had history the World Open has nothing.