Topic locked

Re: The Paul Hunter Classic (EPTC 1) Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Monique

that EPTC Should not be counted as 1 for Ronnie though should it.

he still needs another 3 to qualify for the finals.

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:Monique

And I'm not saying it should.
But the fact he played in that exhibition doesn't "prove" his back problems are fake and, even if, maybe, they were only mild ones - which we don't know - he, just as all of them top players, has to set priorities and did exactly that.

Postby Wildey

dont be defensive lol

but a back has been a long standing excuse to get out of things since time began so people will be taking the snake hiss.

Postby Roland

Monique wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Monique

And I'm not saying it should.
But the fact he played in that exhibition doesn't "prove" his back problems are fake and, even if, maybe, they were only mild ones - which we don't know - he, just as all of them top players, has to set priorities and did exactly that.

rofl

Postby Noel

Back? So what? That's not the point.
As a leading professional and figurehead he's earned "choices".
And as with John Higgins his choices reflect personal needs
balanced against what's in the best interest of the sport.
Ronnie playing crippled by any kind of pain is in no ones best interest.
And every choice has consequences...
Ron loses his entry fee and maybe points... John... well that's a different Story.

=o)
Noel

Postby Roland

Some of the things Ronnie fans come out with in his defence are hilarious. I mean I love the man, he is an awesome snooker player and I will tune in whenever he plays but he is blatantly taking the snake hiss with his pulling out of the EPTC, I don't care what anyone says. He shouldn't get any points from it full stop. He is taking the snake hiss. Period.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Some of the things Ronnie fans come out with in his defence are hilarious. I mean I love the man, he is an awesome snooker player and I will tune in whenever he plays but he is blatantly taking the snake hiss with his pulling out of the EPTC, I don't care what anyone says. He shouldn't get any points from it full stop. He is taking the snake hiss. Period.

i have no problam with him pulling out thats the nature of the PTC where for the first time players incharge of their destiny in the game and what and where they play.

but it should not be counted towards his PTC Tally.

Postby Noel

case_master wrote:What has this got to do with John Higgins? A bit of deflection going on here ;) ;)

Maybe a deflection away from nonsense.
Ronnie didn't show up.
Neither really did any of the Top 16 with one exception.
1. John Higgins
2. Ronnie O'Sullivan
3. Neil Robertson
4. Allister Carter
5. Stephen Maguire
6. Mark Williams
7. Ding Junhui
8. Mark Selby
9. Shaun Murphy
10. Mark Allen
11. Ryan Day
12. Stephen Hendry
13. Marco Fu
14. Graeme Dott
15. Jamie Cope
16. Mark King

None of it was shared with the fans in any meaningful way.
So ya... I feel a little bit cheated this year so far... John unfortunately fits right in with that disappointment.

In the face of all of that, when I hear people whinging about a player not showing up for a match we
weren't invited to anyway... AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

=o(

Noel

Postby Casey

I have no problem what so ever either, lots of players have pulled out of the PTC events. Lets just not Kidd ourselves as to why. I will add that if he genuinely had a back problem….the boy that cried wolf springs to mind.

Postby Noel

case_master wrote:I have no problem what so ever either, lots of players have pulled out of the PTC events. Lets just not Kidd ourselves as to why. I will add that if he genuinely had a back problem….the boy that cried wolf springs to mind.

To put it another way...

"Hi Baby, this is Ronnie... ya, O'Sullivan.
Listen, I'm really sorry but I can't come because I can't get it up".

If you were his lovely lady then I could understand your ire. Otherwise.... who cares?

=o|

Noel

Postby Casey

Noel wrote:
case_master wrote:I have no problem what so ever either, lots of players have pulled out of the PTC events. Lets just not Kidd ourselves as to why. I will add that if he genuinely had a back problem….the boy that cried wolf springs to mind.

To put it another way...

"Hi Baby, this is Ronnie... ya, O'Sullivan.
Listen, I'm really sorry but I can't come because I can't get it up".

If you were his lovely lady then I could understand your ire. Otherwise.... who cares?

=o|

Noel

Well I am sure the tournament organisers who used Ronnie’s name to promote the event care. For me I don’t care personally, he’s not the first and won’t be the last to pull out of PTC events, however when it comes to Ronnie and his trusty sick note I don’t believe him for one second….rightly so.

Postby Wildey

im not sure it matters with promotion who is there or not with the PTC Because theres so much matches to play in a day if they only there for Ronnie they will have a very empty day and hanging around for a long long time.

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC5_news(H ... 3B_Snooker)-2553.htm?tid=187

Hamilton Bemused By ’Fickle’ Snooker

Anthony Hamilton was delighted with his run to the final of the Paul Hunter Classic - though he's not quite sure how he managed it.
The 39-year-old from Nottingham, who has been based in north London for past decade, beat the likes of Marcus Campbell, Bjorn Haneveer and Stuart Bingham to get to the final in Germany, and led Judd Trump 3-1 only to lose 4-3.

The run came out of the blue for the player nicknamed the Sheriff of Pottingham as he failed to qualify for either the Roewe Shanghai Masters or the World Open. And, in a typically honest assessment of his performance, Hamilton was unable to explain how his fortunes turned around.

"It was great to get to a final but it just highlights how ridiculous this game is because my form was pretty average," said the player who was runner-up to Fergal O'Brien at the 1999 British Open and to Mark Williams at the 2002 China Open. "I played well against Marcus, but otherwise I was really ordinary in every match. People struggled against me, I had a bit of run, and before I knew it I was a frame away from winning a tournament.

"I've played better this season in the qualifiers and got beaten. It makes me realise how fickle the game is, there is no rhyme or reason to it. Every now and then it's your turn to do well. I could lose my next couple of matches and be back to square one. The only thing you can do is keep trying and practising, that's the only way we've got of surviving."

Hamilton collected 5,000 Euros and 1,600 ranking points for his efforts, though he was disappointed not to have doubled his pay-day by beating Trump. "I had an official twitch-up at 3-1, I hold my hands up and admit that," he said. "But in the last couple of frames I didn't get a chance. Judd had two huge flukes in the decider - when he was on about 30 he went for a red and it hit two or three other reds before going in - that was a 5000-1 shot. Then just after that he missed another red and it went right up the side cushion into the green pocket.

"That's when you look up towards the sky and think that if there is a God, he's just having a big joke. Snooker is like life, it's just pure random most of the time."

One thing Hamilton is sure of, though, is the enthusiasm for snooker among fans in Germany. "It was a good experience to play in front of big crowds who want to be involved in snooker, you get a buzz off it," added the four-times Crucible quarter-finalist. "I would love to see more events there and have the chance to play there more often."

He's also in favour of the new PTC series and hopes he's well on the way to a place in the final stages next March, with the top 24 on the final Order of Merit who have played in at least three of the six events in Sheffield and three of the six in continental Europe to qualify.

"I've had a quarter and a final so I'm doing ok, and it would be great to get to what I would consider a full size ranking event," he said. "All the players are match sharp now, even if they are not playing well, because they have a tournament nearly every week and the chance to make a bit of cash. It's good to have something to get out of bed and practise for, particularly for older players like me."

great read from anthony and i know exactly what he means with fickle some days you turn up cue like a dream (at my standard :redneck: ) and other days without reason you cue across the ball and all sorts of weired things and play totally useless.