Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 4 Discusion!!!

Postby Noel

Why can't these cheap-assed WPBSA mothersnookers even have some kid sitting in the stands with some headphones and a tiny mic commenting on the play on a no-cost web broadcast?

Calling them "retarded" is an insult to those who actually are.

N :grrr: EL

Postby Witz78

quintahunter wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-3 Dominic Dale
136(136)-0, 0-92(85), 59(58)conceded-52, 116(116)-0, 0-93(93), 92(92)-0, 67(55)-25

Why did Ronnie concede that frame? I can't think of any logical explanation...

pink and black both over the pockets?

Postby Wildey

Noel wrote:Why can't these cheap-assed WPBSA mothersnookers even have some kid sitting in the stands with some headphones and a tiny mic commenting on the play on a no-cost web broadcast?

Calling them "retarded" is an insult to those who actually are.

N :grrr: EL

siting in what stand and the mic would be up someones bottom they so close you might get farting on the air <ok>

Postby Noel

136(136)-0, 0-92(85), 59(58)conceded-52, 116(116)-0, 0-93(93), 92(92)-0, 67(55)-25

I'm still laughing at Ja's observation that...

"... maybe he just thought,
"Hey,I've not conceeded frames for no apparent reason in a while,
lets see if I'ive still got it!
"."

LMAO.

=o)

Noel

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Trump should have snooker lessons from Dale and Pinches <ok>

How to be a snooker journeyman ? Nah, he's got ambition :bowdown:

when hes won more than them been on tour more than them he and you can talk so far Trump hasent got anywhere near them as players <ok>

lets hope he does before he retires <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Trump should have snooker lessons from Dale and Pinches <ok>

How to be a snooker journeyman ? Nah, he's got ambition :bowdown:

when hes won more than them been on tour more than them he and you can talk so far Trump hasent got anywhere near them as players <ok>

lets hope he does before he retires <ok>

Another 25 years then, while the other two haven't even got that much between them :santa:

Postby Wildey

Last season Pinches won a touch below £20,000..... this season hes already earned £17,100 from the PTC. with another 8 PTC, 7 Ranking Tournaments and the PTC Final to come.

Postby N_Castle07

wildJONESEYE wrote:Last season Pinches won a touch below £20,000..... this season hes already earned £17,100 from the PTC. with another 8 PTC, 7 Ranking Tournaments and the PTC Final to come.

Wow that's amazing. And proves Barry right he said that they would be plenty of money if you're good enough. Not too sure if Hearn would have wanted a 40 year old Pinches winning this event tho.

Postby Monique

Well done Pinchy! Well done Dom! And not too bad, Ronnie despite the slip in the end; a run of 17 winning frames on the trot, whitewashing Ryan Day, Mark Selby, Judd Trump and Marco Fu all in one tournament ;) and the 600th century of his career (he's at 602 now).

Postby N_Castle07

Monique wrote:Well done Pinchy! Well done Dom! And not too bad, Ronnie despite the slip in the end; a run of 17 winning frames on the trot, whitewashing Ryan Day, Mark Selby, Judd Trump and Marco Fu all in one tournament ;) and the 600th century of his career (he's at 602 now).

Getting close to Hendry now, although i think it would take 3 - 4 season's if he is going to over take Hendry. The amount of ton's Higgins, O'Sullivan and Hendry have made is amazing and head and shoulders above the rest.

Postby SnookerFan

Same reason he conceeded against Joe Perry when there were more reds on the table then had been potted. Because he's Ronnie. <doh>

Funny that he lost by one frame though. <laugh>

Postby Casey

Can’t believe after beating all the players he did, thrashing them in fact….he got beat by Barry <doh>

Anyway a bit of pressure off Ronnie now and he doesn’t need to do a whole lot to make the top 24

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:

Same reason he conceeded against Joe Perry when there were more reds on the table then had been potted. Because he's Ronnie. <doh>

Why do you suppose it's Ronnie who conceeded? He won that frame. It's more logical to think that he was in such position Dom gave indication he wanted to conceede because he felt he couldn't win from that there. It's not uncommon, especially when not on telly.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Why do you suppose it's Ronnie who conceeded? He won that frame. It's more logical to think that he was in such position Dom gave indication he wanted to conceede because he felt he couldn't win from that there. It's not uncommon, especially when not on telly.

Monique it was Ronnie that conceded, look at the frame scores, Ronnie won 3 frames after that. Also I remember Dale going 2-1 up although it didn’t show the frame scores at the time.

I wouldn’t consider it a big deal here, conceding frames early is more of a parakeet on the paying public so given there was none here I don’t think the WPBSA will care.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Monique it was Ronnie that conceded, look at the frame scores, Ronnie won 3 frames after that. Also I remember Dale going 2-1 up although it didn’t show the frame scores at the time.

I wouldn’t consider it a big deal here, conceding frames early is more of a parakeet on the paying public so given there was none here I don’t think the WPBSA will care.