Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 4 Discusion!!!

Postby Noel

wildJONESEYE wrote:Ronnie opens up with a 136 to lead dale by 1-0

Doesn't not being able to see matches like this make you want to bucking SCREAM!?!?!!!

... just a passing thought

NImageEL
Last edited by Noel on 16 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Pinches with a Break of 62 leads Williams 1-0

they met in PTC 1 where Pinches lead 3-0 before williams won 4-3 and went on to win.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:The smart players are using these 'tournaments' for match practice so they can get their game right in shape for the tournaments that matter

ding is thick and intercoursed then :redneck:

:zzz:

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:and Dominic won it well

Pinches takes a 2-1 lead over williams.

Dale 2-1 up on Ronnie. A pinches v Dale final would be nice for both players.

Postby Noel

Alex0paul WC wrote:Come on Dom

Ya.

Come on Dom!
Team up with Mark for a soul-searching rendition of "The Green Green Grass of Home".
Let Ronnie carry on doing his thing.

=o)

Noel

Postby Wildey

Final is Schedule for 7pm but i think they will bring it forward and maybe start at 6pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Barry Pinches

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:I bet having journeyman Pinches dominating things was not part of the plan lol

50% of PTC hes reached the final

It was to be expected some lesser names would rise to the top in the PTC.

After all this competition will be taken more seriously by the journeymen who need a vital boost to their income and ranking points to maintain their standing in the game, wheras the established pros on the main, will see this as match practice if they even bother turning up, though once there they will want to play well, its not the be and end all to them if they totally fail to produce the goods here.

Take Ronnie for example, assuming he beats Pinches, hes as good as in the PTC Top 24 come the end of the PTC so id expect him to take the remaining 4 PTC events he has to enter very lightly. And itd be a major surprise if he bothers attending more than the minimum 6.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Pinches Started The season provisional 57 in danger of a drop... after this event he will be 36th

It shows how cut throat it is down the lower reaches of the rankings where a few thousand points can make a massive difference !!

Postby Noel

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Pinches Started The season provisional 57 in danger of a drop... after this event he will be 36th

I'm well pleased for him.

Well and truly earned!

=o)

Noel

Postby Wildey

absalutly well deserved and it just shows next season players will be taking a far keener interest in the early PTC.

when Ranking points from 2 season of PTC on players tally then we will be seeing the importance of these events.

Postby Witz78

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:

I'm well pleased for him.

cant say im overly chuffed, hardly fits the criteria for my kind of snooker future :no: