Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 4 Discusion!!!

Postby markj147

wildJONESEYE wrote:Mark Davis 4-0 Patrick Einsle
Michael Wasley 0-1 Jack Lisowski

Mark Davis who beat Jack Lisowski in the Final of PTC 3 last Sunday is waiting for him in the last 64 this time if Jack can beat top PTC Amateur Michael Wasley

Wasn't it Tom Ford that beat Jack Wild?

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

markj147 wrote:

Mark Davis who beat Jack Lisowski in the Final of PTC 3 last Sunday is waiting for him in the last 64 this time if Jack can beat top PTC Amateur Michael Wasley

How's your daughter getting on playing Mark? All going Good I hope.

Postby Wildey

markj147 wrote:

ohhhh buck my mistake <laugh>

so many snooker so many winners so many matches sometimes i get confused lol

Postby markj147

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
markj147 wrote:

How's your daughter getting on playing Mark? All going Good I hope.

OK thanks John. She managed her first centirues in a line up and open play a couple of weeks ago. She then went on her hols to Wales for a week and has gotten back into playing today. New tip on which she is playing in nicely. A long way off a refined article but I like to see her playing naturally. If she can take some of her confidence into matches this season then it will be intersting to see what damage she can do on the lads junior tour and in the ladies game. First up though is an exhibition in Belgium followed by the Home Internationals in Ponting. The start to a full season - and then theres school!!!! :)

Postby markj147

wildJONESEYE wrote:
markj147 wrote:

ohhhh intercourse my mistake <laugh>

so many snooker so many winners so many matches sometimes i get confused lol

:john: No probs mate. Well happy that you are posting the results here. Keep it going pal... :D

Postby Wildey

Igor Figueiredo 4-3 Antony Parsons
Mark Joyce 4-2 Patrick Wallace

Xiao Guodong 3-2 Michael White
Kuldesh Johal 1-2 Michael Judge
Michael Wasley 1-2 Jack Lisowski
Stephen Maguire 1-0 Nick Jennings
Joe Perry 1-0 Daniel Skingle

Xiao Guodong is a frame away from beating Michael White

More Here http://www.global-snooker.com/2010-Play ... esults.asp

Postby Roland

His results and age suggest he could be the seasons find and a great wildcard pick by Hearn. I'm guessing he's the best snooker player in Brazil and there is a snooker scene over there albeit on 10ft tables. He must be bloody good and he's proving it so far.

Has anyone seen him? What's his style? How naturally talented?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:His results and age suggest he could be the seasons find and a great wildcard pick by Hearn. I'm guessing he's the best snooker player in Brazil and there is a snooker scene over there albeit on 10ft tables. He must be bloody good and he's proving it so far.

im not sure if monique seen him play in something or other on the continent.

Postby markj147

Sonny wrote:His results and age suggest he could be the seasons find and a great wildcard pick by Hearn. I'm guessing he's the best snooker player in Brazil and there is a snooker scene over there albeit on 10ft tables. He must be bloody good and he's proving it so far.

I watched him play Alfie in the World Amatuer final on-line. He looked very natural and attacking. It was an exciting final to watch. I have found some video footage of him doing trickshots on the smaller tables. http://vimeo.com/1881179

Postby Roland

Nice one cheers Mark. Although it's hard to tell from trickshots. He's a big lad isn't he? I could be way out on this, but my perception so far is that he could be one of those players after you see them once, you keep an eye out for all their matches afterwards. Could he potentially be an Effren Reyes of snooker? There must be a selection of shots he's honed on a 10ft table which are more pool shotmaker shots.

Postby Roland

Jack Lisowski and Michael White are two other names I'm looking forward to seeing for the first time on television. The future looks promising.

Postby Alex0paul

Don't you mean Tom Ford?

Postby Wildey

just to tidy up the last 128

Kuldesh Johal 3-3 Michael Judge
Adrian Gunnell 4-2 Stephen Ormerod
Michael Wasley 2-4 Jack Lisowski
Stephen Maguire 4-0 Nick Jennings

Jamie Cope 2-1 Daniel Skingle

Last 64

Mark Selby 1-0 Dave Harold
Ronnie O'Sullivan 2-1 Ken Doherty
Alex Davies 0-1 Anthony McGill

Alex Davies had a Walk over in the Qualifiers then he had a walkover in the Last 128 so his last 64 against Mcgill is his first match.

more on Global http://www.global-snooker.com/2010-Play ... esults.asp

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:

Don't you mean Tom Ford?

ive been through that 2 hours ago with mark <laugh>

Postby Roland

Snookerbacker wrote:It’s been a strange old day already today in Sheffield at the fourth PTC event. All manner of baffling scientific phenomenon have had me for one, rendered speechless.

Firstly this morning, we awoke to the news that Neil Robertson had a different draw to his original one (I have proof before anyone questions it), then lo and behold he turns up, loses the first two frames against Tony Drago and then the World Champion undergoes a metamorphosis and turns into none other than Alex Taubman.

Now I don’t know Alex from Adam but Robbo seems to have developed a way of not losing by simply changing into a relative unknown. I had no idea that the World Champion had this honour bestowed upon them, I’ve never known it before, though perhaps this explains how Steve Davis dominated the Eighties and Hendry the Nineties, if they looked like losing, go to the bog and come back as someone else. Genius. You feel the decade now must surely belong to Robbo.

Or maybe not, as this afternoon another one of these extraordinary transformations has occurred before our very eyes as Joe Perry won the first frame of his match against Daniel Skingle and then promptly turned into Jamie Cope. Now I know that Robbo and Joe are close friends and friends tell each other stuff but surely he didn’t have to pick on poor old Jamie? Why not pick on a lesser known player? What’s Jamie done to you guys? Maybe poor old Robbo and Joe are a bit frightened of his little tantrums.

:redneck:

Postby Wildey

yes im not a fan of changing things around if players cant play on the day then they are out.

Final Last 128 of the day

Kuldesh Johal 3-4 Michael Judge

Last 64

Mark Selby 3-1 Dave Harold
Alex Davies 1-2 Anthony McGill
Dermot McGlinchey 0-2 Judd Trump

more http://www.global-snooker.com/2010-Play ... esults.asp

Postby Roland

So it's Selby v Ronnie is it? Will that be tonight? I hate missing their matches, especially when you can't see live scoring. Remember when it was at the bottom of the screen here? Sigh.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:So it's Selby v Ronnie is it? Will that be tonight? I hate missing their matches, especially when you can't see live scoring. Remember when it was at the bottom of the screen here? Sigh.

Scheduled for 9pm tonight

Live Scoring will be back for the shanghai masters or thats the scheduled time according to Dave Hendon (yes RR Cant give us that info now can he)

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

That's what the top man does. He writes Sorry on the Glove, with a :-( drawn into the 'O' of sorry & signs it.

The @pgatour on twitter just said this...."Phil's taking hitting spectators to another level. Approach on 11 landed in spectator's lap. Guy got a glove and personal contact from Phil"

Personal contact. <laugh> Sort it out will you. rofl

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:That's what the top man does. He writes Sorry on the Glove, with a :-( drawn into the 'O' of sorry & signs it.

The @pgatour on twitter just said this...."Phil's taking hitting spectators to another level. Approach on 11 landed in spectator's lap. Guy got a glove and personal contact from Phil"

Personal contact. <laugh> Sort it out will you. rofl

John What you on about ? lol