Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 3 Discusion!!!

Postby Wildey

Mark would not bother going from his home to sheffield to win 1 frame wheres the match practice in that even..

he could have won 2 matches then not taking the 3rd that serious.

Postby Wildey

plus id be very snake hissed off if any player enters and not taking them serious.

they been crying out for snooker to play here it is bucking PLAY <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:plus id be very drunk / annoyed american off if any player enters and not taking them serious.

they been crying out for snooker to play here it is intercoursing PLAY <ok>

Happens in all sports mate, prioritising your schedule so that you peak when it matters.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:plus id be very drunk / annoyed american off if any player enters and not taking them serious.

they been crying out for snooker to play here it is intercoursing PLAY <ok>

Happens in all sports mate, prioritising your schedule so that you peak when it matters.

snooker had 6 tournos player tearing their hair out with months between tournaments now that would be a arguament in other sports not in snooker its not <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:And it doesn't have 6 tournaments now so that arguament is futile.

thats why they should enjoy playing and winning tournaments racking up centuries do what they always wanted to do but couldnt. <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Zhanger has lost 4-3 to Adrian Gunnell and Robertson has Lost 4-2 to Dominic Dale.

If you think Williams losing was a shock then the buildings must be shaking all around north Wales after Robbo losing :?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Zhanger has lost 4-3 to Adrian Gunnell and Robertson has Lost 4-2 to Dominic Dale.

If you think Williams losing was a shock then the buildings must be shaking all around north Wales after Robbo losing :?

Robbo lost to a proven twice ranking event winner now under these cercanstances thats not a shock concidering its only the first day competetive play Robbo had since that day in may when he won.

Postby Monique

Robbo losing to Dom Dale is not a bigger shock. I know that he is the WC but ... precisely, he is the WC, he has presure and and he hasn't played since early May. Dom is not a bad player, he's a pro and he needs the points badly. You would expect him to try hard.

Postby Wildey

Best of 7 format will always throw up some shocks thats inevitable but it is cheapening the sport to even think players not trying.

Postby Wildey

Barry Pinches is making hay while the sun shines in the PTC. Quarter Finalist in PTC 1,Runner up in PTC 2 and hes Reached the Last 32 of PTC 3 with a 4-3 win over Fergal O'Brian .

making £7,500 so far and lifting him from a official Ranking of 57 to provisionally 42 ish

Postby Wildey

Last 32 matches to be completed tonight

Dominic Dale v Barry Pinches
Andy Hicks v James Mcbain
Marcus Campbell v Michael Wasley
Tom Ford v Stephen Lee
Adam Wicheard v Anthony Hamilton
Andrew Pagett v Stuart Pettman
Mark Davis v Rory McLeod
Mark Joyce v Adrian Gunnell

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:Last 32 matches to be completed tonight

Dominic Dale v Barry Pinches
Andy Hicks v James Mcbain
Marcus Campbell v Michael Wasley
Tom Ford v Stephen Lee
Adam Wicheard v Anthony Hamilton
Andrew Pagett v Stuart Pettman
Mark Davis v Rory McLeod
Mark Joyce v Adrian Gunnell

dom :bowdown:

i hope he doesnt hav a let down after such a great win earlier today :ahh:

Postby Noel

wildJONESEYE wrote:i was wrong

Dominic Dale beat Barry pinches 4-3 to book his place for Sunday Action

Take away the TV cameras, the audience, the mirrors and Dom plays GREAT!
Just kidding!

=o)

Noel

Postby Wildey

They talk all the time about Jimmy underachieving or Mathew Stevens but i think Nobody underachieved more than Dominic.

the season he won the shanghai masters he almost went out of the top 32 so poor was his play in other tournaments.

hes won 2 ranking titles 10 years apart but inbetween its hasent been great.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:They talk all the time about Jimmy underachieving or Mathew Stevens but i think Nobody underachieved more than Dominic.

the season he won the shanghai masters he almost went out of the top 32 so poor was his play in other tournaments.

hes won 2 ranking titles 10 years apart but inbetween its hasent been great.

or on the flipside perhaps hes OVERachieved <doh>

Postby Monique

Dominic is a very good player but he's also a person with multiple interests in life. He loves the games, really, really does, but it isn't the alpha and omega of his life. I think he was never "single minded" enough to really "achieve" but I doubt he has many regrets.
He chose to stay in Vienna even after he split from his partner despite knowing this would affect his snooker. The atmosphere and cultural life of the city were more important to him. This season he will come to the South West Snooker Academy to practice before tournaments in order to improve his game and hopefully find a better form when it matters. But he'll stay in Vienna nonetheless. Dominic is now fluent in German also...

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Dominic is a very good player but he's also a person with multiple interests in life. He loves the games, really, really does, but it isn't the alpha and omega of his life. I think he was never "single minded" enough to really "achieve" but I doubt he has many regrets.
He chose to stay in Vienna even after he split from his partner despite knowing this would affect his snooker. The atmosphere and cultural life of the city were more important to him. This season he will come to the South West Snooker Academy to practice before tournaments in order to improve his game and hopefully find a better form when it matters. But he'll stay in Vienna nonetheless. Dominic is now fluent in German also...

that what i mean snooker was never the be all and end all of his world if it had been with the talent he has he would have been a top top player.

Last 16 Draw http://www.snookerisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=1196&p=54971#p54971

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:SHOCK HORROR

Ian Glover beats Mark Williams 4-1

PERHAPS THIS ISNT A SHOCK RESULT AFTER ALL............... rofl

http://www.snooker-fineart.com/theglovergrip.htm

Holy rubbish! So Ian Glover is part of the Mr Hey You clan is he? I want to see this DVD now but like everyone else I'm not stupid enough to spend £100 on it. So Mark Williams has found out about the fine art the hard way <laugh>