Topic locked

Re: EPTC1 (the Paul Hunter Classic)

Postby Madz

jafinkesaurus wrote:
Madz wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:
do you think these members will have the time to update stuff on island? im guessing they'll be busy stalking the players watching snooker :ahh:

easy! they can use toilet update break for that <laugh>

updates from the toilet? thats interesting <laugh> damen or herren?

:chin: :idea2: whichever has WIFI available! <laugh> alternative option, of course, is kicking the tournament organizers to post frequent updates as often as possible. :huh2:

Postby jafinkesaurus

Madz wrote: :chin: :idea2: whichever has WIFI available! <laugh> alternative option, of course, is kicking the tournament organizers to post frequent updates as often as possible. :huh2:

i think we should ask the reigning world champ about wifi in the stadthalle toilets, hes been in both damen and herren <laugh>
Last edited by jafinkesaurus on 13 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Madz

jafinkesaurus wrote:
Madz wrote: :chin: :idea2: whichever has WIFI available! <laugh> alternative option, of course, is kicking the tournament organizers to post frequent updates as often as possible. :huh2:

i think we should ask the reigning world champ about wifi in the stadthalle toilets, hes been in both damen and herreh <laugh>

not sure if he was testing his inbuilt wlan card in there :john: but we can always ask him AYNR <laugh>

Postby jafinkesaurus

Madz wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:

i think we should ask the reigning world champ about wifi in the stadthalle toilets, hes been in both damen and herreh <laugh>

not sure if he was testing his inbuilt wlan card in there :john: but we can always ask him AYNR <laugh>

AYNR is a question for Highfield now, he hates being confused with robbo :evilgrin:

Postby Madz

jafinkesaurus wrote:
Madz wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:

AYNR is a question for Highfield now, he hates being confused with robbo :evilgrin:

wonder if that logic works vice versa :)

Postby Steve K

Its gonna be intresting to see how the players with good results from the first PTCs will play in these european tournaments in unknown conditions away from home. They will probably suit players that arent doing to well at the moment like Murphy, Jimmy White, Mark Allen etc as they are used to travelling to and winning international tournaments more than the likes of Pinches, Ford and the new guys.

Postby Wildey

Steve K wrote:Its gonna be intresting to see how the players with good results from the first PTCs will play in these european tournaments in unknown conditions away from home. They will probably suit players that arent doing to well at the moment like Murphy, Jimmy White, Mark Allen etc as they are used to travelling to and winning international tournaments more than the likes of Pinches, Ford and the new guys.

the unknown guys been traveling to the Paul Hunter Classic (renamed after his death) for years..

Postby vinot

An other thing that will be interesting to see is how the european amateur players will fare. Theres a big bunch of them entering from Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and such. So far +30 amateur players have registered on the scoreboard for the Order of merit, so it's gonna be interesting to see if the european snooker standard is so high that there will be any addition to this list.

Postby vinot

wildJONESEYE wrote:theres about 80 to 90 from Germany alone entering..

Yeah, that's crazy! I'm not entirely sure they're all pro-material. But what the hay, let them try. This is interesting. I like these new pro-am tournaments. They spice things up. <ok>

Postby Wildey

i think its safe to say they arent all pro standard but what a chance for someone to come out of the pack and put himself in the spot light .............they never had the chance before

Postby Tubberlad

Many will disagree with me, but I think the PTC could probably be the best thing to happen the game in years, the benefits are already starting to show, and this will be the first time the format has been released to the general public...

Postby Monique

I think PTC is a very smart design... it is actually a smart and rather "soft" way to open the game again. That combined with including amateurs in the World Open and opening the Q-school for qualifying.
When the game was opened in 1991 it brought a massive overhaul of the field and a school of new talents into the game. It also brought some bitter disillusions to many. But overall the game benefited from it big time; there was a boost in quality.
We could have this again now, albeit in a less brutal way.

Postby GJ

Its a good format but at the end of the day its all about the majors

ROBBO WC :afro: :bowdown: <cool>

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:Many will disagree with me, but I think the PTC could probably be the best thing to happen the game in years, the benefits are already starting to show, and this will be the first time the format has been released to the general public...

totally agree this is the best thing to happen to snooker since the World Championship moved to the crucible and its a exciting event for me without live scoring or streaming its non stop action from 9am to 3am next morning sometimes..... when live scoring comes in later this season and then streaming eventually from a fans point of view it would be heaven.

Postby randam05

streaming?? will we see this really happen? if so then thats something to be very excited about and to be honest its what they need to do and definantley live scoring!