Topic locked

Re: Is the PTC a masterclass on Hearn's part?

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:SO WHAT ?

£800.000 more cash its not chicken feed mate ....

World Snooker been thinking and all they been doing is thinking for years thinking is the easy bit anyone can think about doing something...World Snooker been sitting on their ass trying to get the right way of moving forward and nothings happened for donkeys.....Snooker has to be rebuilt how do you suggest thats done ?

not discussing this with you anymore.

i've tried a different approach than yesterday and your still getting heated.

im asking for another idea from people and nobody coming up with anything but still criticizing the PTC im not getting heated im totally baffled what people want after 6 months....cant work it out i really cant.

Postby Roland

Me either wild. He's got the thing off the ground already, the players love it and the rankings are already shuffling around and yet there are people slagging it off for reasons known only to themselves. Bring back Walker and the 6 bucking events a year for bucks sake.

Postby Roland

A future :huh2:

As wild said, it doesn't seem that long ago that we were having to check on Ceefax page 387 to get any snooker news of ranking events not on television. The trouble is people are expecting too much right now and they're not giving it a fair chance. It seems like most are wishing it wasn't even taking place just because they can't see it and that's just down right stupid if you ask me.

Postby Bourne

Thank you. So you're admitting that for now, the fans have nothing to get excited about but it's a long-term project that we'll get to see the benefits of eventually. Exactly what I and others have been trying to say :roll:

Postby Roland

Well I wasn't necessarily bracketing you in that group and I'm also including things I've read in other places from non-Islanders.

Postby Bourne

Well my take on it is that it's great for the players, i've never denied that and the players themselves are saying how good it is to actually have something resembling a full time job now. But it is in such an infantile stage now for us as fans, you have to understand how people are going to take time to appreciate it when, basically all we have to get excited about, is looking up results on a webpage. I'm sure it'll be a success in time but that's exactly what it needs, time.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
i will be disappointed next season if things are the same but 1 month ago we did not know who would run this sport even so give it time before fannieng about like some stroppy teenager not getting what they want.

Wild, what are you on? That's exactly, almost to the word, the point I was trying to make. It's early on, yes. It's too hard to judge anything at the moment, yes. Would we be disappointed if this is the same next season? Yes.

All I was trying to say was it was far too early to decide whether this was a disaster, or a masterstroke. Then you come in and call me a stroppy teenager, and make almost word for word the same point. <laugh>

The only point I made that is different, perhaps, is that there's no need to be snooty about people wanting it to be televised and for there to be a crowd there, which I felt some were. Surely there being people wanting to watch the PTC is only a good thing.

Lets give Barry Hearn a chance to see what he can do, by all means. Everybody here wants snooker to succeed, so there's no point wanting the head bod to fail. However, I'd rather stand back and see how things pan out before making a judgement. Hopefully that doesn't make me too stroppy.... <ok>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:Well my take on it is that it's great for the players, i've never denied that and the players themselves are saying how good it is to actually have something resembling a full time job now. But it is in such an infantile stage now for us as fans, you have to understand how people are going to take time to appreciate it when, basically all we have to get excited about, is looking up results on a webpage. I'm sure it'll be a success in time but that's exactly what it needs, time.

Ditto <cool>

Postby Wildey

Whats in it for Fans ?

More Snooker than was played Last Season and More Snooker than there would have ever been with Rodney Walker.

i dont get this if we cant see it its worth rubbish......SORRY THATS CRAP.

try being sickpoter in canada to see how much snooker he sees does he care that he cant see it of course he does so i really dont know what the hell we in Britain are complaining about its childish crap from spoilt brats thinking of themselves.

Postby Tubberlad

I would claim that the PTC is a long way from where it's going. I'm not saying it's a masterclass right now, I'm saying that Hearn is handling this very well, and very sensibly. I'm not here to make love to Hearn, I just think he's handling this very well. Right now, it's true to say that fans don't have very much to sink their teeth into, but in time I think they will. Hearn at the moment is ironing out the kinks, which is crucial. See World Snooker and Bahrain to find out how legs up something can go if not planned out right. There will be an audience for the EPTC, and that's very positive... coincidence that Hearn has used a few PTC events to perfect this system before releasing this to an audience? Not by a long shot.

Bourne and Snookerfan have posted the best comments of the day. A success now? No, of course not, not from a fan's point of view anyway. The potential to be a success? Yes, definitely.

Postby Wildey

Thats my Point Tubby its 2 tournos in and its as if Hearn Blueprint for the PTC is completed for evermore <doh>

im not as gracious as you and i say it as it is complain at the end of the season NOT NOW....

whats in it for fans buck SAKES <doh>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Whats in it for Fans ?

More Snooker than was played Last Season and More Snooker than there would have ever been with Rodney Walker.

i dont get this if we cant see it its worth poo......SORRY THATS CRAP.

try being sickpoter in canada to see how much snooker he sees does he care that he cant see it of course he does so i really dont know what the hell we in Britain are complaining about its childish crap from spoilt brats thinking of themselves.

I can see more snooker at my local club if I wanted that, I can't see JS from the PTC at the moment.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Whats in it for Fans ?

i dont get this if we cant see it its worth poo......SORRY THATS CRAP.

I can see more snooker at my local club if I wanted that, I can't see JS from the PTC at the moment.

Go watch it then HAVE FUN :wave:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we're all getting worked up at each other, whilst at the same time making the same point? :huh:

I think there's a bit of glass half full vs glass half empty at the moment :redneck:

Postby Tubberlad

SnookerFan wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we're all getting worked up at each other, whilst at the same time making the same point? :huh:

I've noticed that, yes <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SNOOKERFAN

im just amazed that people have even braught this up im being honest all i want at the minute from the PTC is Live Scoring nothing more id be happy with that for this season even next season but next season i want to see it evolve and it will but 2 PTC in and people having a tantrum "WE WANT TO SEE IT" sorry but i find it pathetic.

Postby Bourne

I'll be happy with live scoring. But jeez this is the 21st Century, we're not asking for 24/7 coverage on all terrestrial channels or anything, just something to keep fans interest in it active, because at the moment there's little to be enthused about, especially since there are ranking points being played for here.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I'll be happy with live scoring. But jeez this is the 21st Century, we're not asking for 24/7 coverage on all terrestrial channels or anything, just something to keep fans interest in it active, because at the moment there's little to be enthused about, especially since there are ranking points being played for here.

im excited with it so put that in your pipe and smoke it <ok>

the PTC will separate Real Fans from hangers on.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:SNOOKERFAN

im just amazed that people have even braught this up im being honest all i want at the minute from the PTC is Live Scoring nothing more id be happy with that for this season even next season but next season i want to see it evolve and it will but 2 PTC in and people having a tantrum "WE WANT TO SEE IT" sorry but i find it pathetic.

I don't find it pathetic. In a day and age where we complain that there isn't enough people filling up events, I find it reassuring that people actually want to watch the snooker thats on. It just seems an odd issue to argue about.

We all accept that the PTC is a work in progress, and all hope it improves in the following seasons. Everybody is 100% agreed on that. And yet we all seem to be having an argument based on whether we'd prefer to watch it, or whether we're happy with live scoring. <doh> That to me seems more pathetic then people stating they'd like this event to be on telly.

Postby N_Castle07

Surely the PTC Final will be classed as the 4th biggest event of the calendar, behind Worlds, Masters, and UK and possibly the World Open? I can’t wait for the final I think it will be a cracker, and if the rest of the events pan out like the first two then we’ll have a very strong 24 players in the final. I personally think the PTC events are the best thing to happen for snooker in a long long time.

1) It is more events for the players.
2) It gives the players a chance to earn extra cash.
3) It will raise the standards through the roof which snooker desperately needs.
4) It will make the rankings more realistic rather than the old rubbish with only 6 events.
5) It is great for grass root snooker and a great chance for amateurs to progress in the careers.

And as a fans point of view I personally love checking this website to see how the players are progressing. The webcams will come at a latter date the new radical change for snooker needs to walk before it can run. Does anybody know who will be broadcasting the final? I hope Sky or ITV3 broadcast it.

Postby Wildey

snookerfan

id like it on Telly 24/7 and a venue built in my front garden but its not gonna happen.

at the moment im happy with Live Scoring because common sense said that was the only thing that could have happened with the first few events i think theres talk in progress to get it streamed however if i was Barry reading this thread id say no sod them they can wait for being inpatient gits.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:im absalutly shocked that if you cant see it you cant get excited about it unbelievable <doh>

I think you're blowing this a bit out of proportion. Nobody is complaining about the tournament, or Hearn, or saying this is worse then last season. It's just some fans would like the opportunity to watch snooker whilst it's on, or at least attend it. Even if that's not possible now are saying they hope we can get that opportunity soon.

Is this really that bad? If you're happy with just the live scoring, nobody is criticising you for it, or saying you are unbelievable.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:snookerfan

id like it on Telly 24/7 and a venue built in my front garden but its not gonna happen.

at the moment im happy with Live Scoring because common sense said that was the only thing that could have happened with the first few events i think theres talk in progress to get it streamed however if i was Barry reading this thread id say no sod them they can wait for being inpatient gits.

If I was Barry Hearn, I'd be rubbing my hands together. He has created a tournament which people are talking about, and practically begging him to let them watch.

Postby Wildey

N_Castle07 wrote:Surely the PTC Final will be classed as the 4th biggest event of the calendar, behind Worlds, Masters, and UK and possibly the World Open? I can’t wait for the final I think it will be a cracker, and if the rest of the events pan out like the first two then we’ll have a very strong 24 players in the final. I personally think the PTC events are the best thing to happen for snooker in a long long time.

1) It is more events for the players.
2) It gives the players a chance to earn extra cash.
3) It will raise the standards through the roof which snooker desperately needs.
4) It will make the rankings more realistic rather than the old rubbish with only 6 events.
5) It is great for grass root snooker and a great chance for amateurs to progress in the careers.

And as a fans point of view I personally love checking this website to see how the players are progressing. The webcams will come at a latter date the new radical change for snooker needs to walk before it can run. Does anybody know who will be broadcasting the final? I hope Sky or ITV3 broadcast it.

post of the day <ok>

seing the bigger picture than the self interest garbage ive seen so far <ok>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:snookerfan

If I was Barry Hearn, I'd be rubbing my hands together. He has created a tournament which people are talking about, and practically begging him to let them watch.

good point <ok> <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Changing the subject, as somebodies got to before people start killing each other, I would doubt ITV 3 would show it, but I'd prefer a channel other then Sky Sports. Sky Sports isn't a channel everybody has, and at a time that we are trying to popularise snooker getting it on a channel that goes to the maximum number of homes is vital.