Topic locked

Re: Is the PTC a masterclass on Hearn's part?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Webcams are not expensive. How come the Championship League was so easy to broadcast and this isn't ?

you had negotiations to get betting shops to show them.....up to a month ago Hearn didnt even know he would win control of the sport was he going to do the negotiations for some other person to get the benefit NO He was not who would plus Davison only had 6 PTC Events planned.

then on top of that theres this Higgins Debacle so please forgive him on not having his mind 100% focused on bloody webcams.

Postby N_Castle07

Bourne wrote:Webcams are not expensive. How come the Championship League was so easy to broadcast and this isn't ?

I would say it is because the PTC requires lots of tables and it would be hard and exspensive to find a arena for it.

Postby Bourne

I just think it's a touch disappointing and a sign of the times for this sport when snooker fans are actually saying they're genuinelly happy with a series of ranking tournaments having only frame updates to go on.

Postby Bourne

N_Castle07 wrote:

I would say it is because the PTC requires lots of tables and it would be hard and exspensive to find a arena for it.

I'm not asking for every table to be televised though, just one or two would be great. Even a pay per view internet streaming would be good.

Postby N_Castle07

SnookerFan wrote:Changing the subject, as somebodies got to before people start killing each other, I would doubt ITV 3 would show it, but I'd prefer a channel other then Sky Sports. Sky Sports isn't a channel everybody has, and at a time that we are trying to popularise snooker getting it on a channel that goes to the maximum number of homes is vital.

I don't have Sky Sports as part of my package but i will be getting it for September purely because of the snooker PL.

Postby Wildey

N_Castle07 wrote:

i think the set up is there at the Academy but you want it on the right channels and then would the fans pay a subscription to see it or more bloody complaints....

not as easy as setting up a webcam and showing it on skype or msn.

Postby Noel

[quote="wildJONESEYE]then on top of that theres this Higgins Debacle so please forgive him on not having his mind 100% focused on bloody webcams.[/quote]

The Higgins Affair is about webcams.
The future of Snooker may very well depend on effective use of webcams.
And, the PTC has been started almost as "behind closed doors" as the "Higgins Inquiry".
I could rant on but why spoil a good thing?

Frank... this is the Post-of-the-Duh!

=o)

Noel

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:

the PTC will separate Real Fans from hangers on.

Horseshit-Comment of the Day: Wildjoanseye

Absolute non-sense. Being a fan means there is something to be fanatical about, to enthuse about, to be in some way involved.

You reading a report on WSA or getting a 3rd hand score from Global - does NOT make you are premier fan................ <laugh> rofl

QUESTION: WHAT IS IN THIS FOR FANS....?

ANSWER: NOTHING (at this point in time)

:shake: :sylvester: :wave:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Changing the subject, as somebodies got to before people start killing each other, I would doubt ITV 3 would show it, but I'd prefer a channel other then Sky Sports. Sky Sports isn't a channel everybody has, and at a time that we are trying to popularise snooker getting it on a channel that goes to the maximum number of homes is vital.

Put it on Sky BOX OFFICE and show it at 3am in the morning - that will show who the real fans are.............................. <laugh> rofl

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
mate you couldnt give to rubbish about the sport if you cant see it WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT YOU BOZO.....not a fan thats for sure.

Like has been mentioned by many others - there is nothing here to be excited about or interested in............... there is minimal coverage. No you can twiddle your cockerel silly if you think this is great, go right ahead, just leave some baize on your glove for the proper snooker season.

If there was minimum LIVE scoring then yes, I'd be on this like flys on rubbish, but there is nothing to go on Inspector Clueso, nothing. <ok>

Your favourite remark is "not a proper fan, or dont give a rubbish". The fact that there are so many comments on here prove people do give a rubbish and do want some sort of inclusion in this, but until they (we) get it, it means jack rubbish and the players can praise it all they want. :wave:

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:you virtually washed your hands of the sport after the higgins rubbish again not a fan ,,,,,Fans love the sport when theres action there fans dont have to see rubbish to love a sport .

I have deep reservations about Higgins...... and when you have personally invested time and money into something that you feel passionately about, any sane person would question themselves and their "interest" in said sport.

I love snooker, but I do not love corrupt snooker. Key word CORRUPT, google it. :wave:

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:theres enough to get me excited because snooker is in my heart and sole all you are a wanting to be seen fan superficial fan on the surface but after a digging deep theres rubbish there <ok>

so I am superficial.....?

superficial gets up at 4am in the morning and drives a detour to pick up a fellow snooker fan and then drives a round trip to Sheffield to watch qualifiers........................... yeah that sounds very superficial. Don't use words that you do not understand properly fuckwit. <ok>

1-0 Stalin rofl

Though back on the actual PTC subject im 100% in agreement with Wild, Tubber and Sonny. The PTC is an exiting addition to the calendar and we will be patient whilst it finds it feet and livescoring, streaming, audiences, tv coverage etc follow once its established itself.

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:theres enough to get me excited because snooker is in my heart and sole all you are a wanting to be seen fan superficial fan on the surface but after a digging deep theres poo there <ok>

so I am superficial.....?

superficial gets up at 4am in the morning and drives a detour to pick up a fellow snooker fan and then drives a round trip to Sheffield to watch qualifiers........................... yeah that sounds very superficial. Don't use words that you do not understand properly fuckwit. <ok>

thats a true fan, i was impressed with smart for that. i only live 30 mins away and i was knacked.

smart <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Wild, I'm not caring much for these comments. Smart is entitled to make his opinions clear on this issue, and if he doesn't like the idea at this moment in time, he's entitled not to. I don't think there's anything there for the fan to get too excited about in terms of viewing (obviously), but I'm very much in the 'work in progress' side of things, and I'm sure Smart can see the potential too. I don't think Smart has said anything too out of order here Wild, and I was pretty disheartened by the John Higgins thing myself, so was David Hendon, and who could say he's not a real fan?

Just wanted an opinion, should these comments be cleared up a bit?

Postby Smart

The comments are fine with me, no embarrassment on my part.

Exhibit B

Think it was the Shanghai Masters couple of years back.

There was a match scheduled to take place early their time (and was 3am UK time). I wanted to watch it badly and arranged with SA to watch it on TVU player and chat at same time on MSN. The match was Wenny vs Allen. Wenny won from memory 5-2.

Say what you want wild...... you seem to think you are something special, believe me you aint. <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

We're all men or women of snooker, and we all give our views as we seem them. If we didn't believe in these views, we wouldn't be posting them. And I don't think there's much doubt any of us love the game.

By the way, I can echo Rocketron on that, sorry to hear about your Mom Wild.

Postby Wildey

yes im sorry <ok>

smart im sorry <ok>

ive read back and taken time and its uncalled for sometimes smart just brings out the worst in me always has im sorry <ok>

Postby Wildey

Rocket

if everyone ignores something they dont agree with the Forum dies lol the whole concept of a forum is to debate difference of opinions.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:Rocket

if everyone ignores something they dont agree with the Forum dies lol the whole concept of a forum is to debate difference of opinions.

theres a differance between debate and argueing

difference between a disagreement and a fight

difference between assertive and agressive

Postby Tubberlad

Nothing wrong with voicing a difference of opinion Rocket, that's the point of a forum. Doing it in a controlled manner is a different story. Can't say I can take the moral high ground with Wild, it happens to be my achilles heel also :redneck:

Postby Noel

StalinESQ wrote:
Noel wrote:Awwww that is sooooo sweeeeet!
Come on all you loveable snooker fans let's all gather
round now for a nice circle jerk group hug!!!!

=o)

Noel

Cheers for the rescue mate! L[b]0L. [/b] [ Yes I know ]

=o)

Noel

Postby Noel

rocket_ron wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:Nothing wrong with voicing a difference of opinion Rocket, that's the point of a forum. Doing it in a controlled manner is a different story. Can't say I can take the moral high ground with Wild, it happens to be my achilles heel also :redneck:

wild comes agross as resident bully, who says sorry every now and then, actions speak louder than words. if he is truely sorry then he would get off he high horse and be respectfull

No baiting the "Bullies"!

=o|

Noel

Postby Tubberlad

Where will the finals take place, and will there be viewers allowed? Is the format any longer? It could surely end up being one of the biggest tournaments of the year <ok>

Postby Roland

I reckon the finals will take place on Skysports and yes, of course the event will allow spectators and it will be seen as 4th behind the 3 majors by many. I'm waiting to see how the season goes with the 12 events first before I have an opinion on its status. But it looks like the PTC will be the backbone of the tour.