Topic locked

Re: PTC3 and PTC4

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Monique wrote:Why is Ding out of the running? He needs to be in the top 24 and enter at least 6 of the twelve. He can still do that.

you got to play 3 PTC and 3 EPTC to qualify for the finals no matter how many points you got with only PTC 5 and 6 to go Ding is out of it.

Are you sure? my understanding was that you have to enter 6 of the 12, not necessarily 3 of each. Actually entering 3 of the EPTCs might prove difficult for some of the players involved in the PL.

Players Tour Championship Final (17-20 March 2011): The top 24 players (members/non members)
on the final PTC Order of Merit who have played in a minimum 6 PTC events (3 x Europe; 3 x UK) will
qualify for the PTC Final. World Ranking Points will be awarded to Main Tour players from the L24
stage of this event.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/site_files/ ... 20pack.pdf

Postby Wildey

question is did ding understand that ??

im sure you read it many times mon

Postby Monique

actually, no. I didn't read the entry pack. I was left with the impression I got from the first announcements.
If Ding didn't understand it, his management should have... but who knows?

Now this makes it really difficult for the players involved in PL.

Postby Wildey

obviously idea was you didnt want someone living near sheffield to play in 5 PTC or 6 then make the journey over once.

for example Ronnie could play all sheffield PTC make enough points and not bother going overseas they need to promote the European PTC Big time that is where they should be looking to expand.

id have made it 2 in Sheffield and at least 4 in europe but then the league is a big hindrance.

i wander if for future years they could play a league match on the continent at a venue on thursday then at the same venue EPTC Starting friday ?

Postby Monique

Well Ronnie has played in Germany quite often over the last 2 years (over 10 times in fact) ... so I don't think that would stop him. But the PL is a big problem.

Postby Roland

Why is the PL a problem? I mean I've not studied the schedule but I would be very surprised if Hearn laid out the calendar so those in the PL would find it difficult logistically to enter some PTC events as both are his brain child.

Postby Monique

If I counted well 5 of the EPTC start on the day after a PL evening, and it starts early, so it may be difficult for the players involved in PL to make it to EPTC if they have to play on the first day.

Postby Noel

Monique wrote:If I counted well 5 of the EPTC start on the day after a PL evening, and it starts early, so it may be difficult for the players involved in PL to make it to EPTC if they have to play on the first day.

Don't only top players do PL and only lowest ranked players do the first PTC days?

=o)

Noel

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Well Ronnie has played in Germany quite often over the last 2 years (over 10 times in fact) ... so I don't think that would stop him. But the PL is a big problem.

dont be defensive i had to use someone as a example and seeing he is the biggest draw you can see how having him not playing europe would have been a problem lol

i never said he wouldn't.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:If I counted well 5 of the EPTC start on the day after a PL evening, and it starts early, so it may be difficult for the players involved in PL to make it to EPTC if they have to play on the first day.

i have noticed how some EPTC is 4 days could that help scheduling so they got more room to play around with formats.

Postby Wildey

i dont understand why ding not managed 1 date out of thoes 4 ..it seems strange to put himself out of contention for a £60,000 and 3,000 ranking points when dave hendon earlier in the week mentioned EPTC1 the paul hunter classic he wasn't in that either but then someone posted on the blog ding has now entered(who was that god knows)

i think hes not understood the rules and thought he could play 6 and do enough.

Postby markj147

SnookerFan wrote:
Call me skeptical, but I find it hard to believe that somebody eight months pregnant played the best snooker of their career. I mean, women that heavily pregnant can barely stand up without it being an effort, let alone bend over a table in the ways needed to play snooker.

I'll admit to knowing bugger all about the women's game, but I find it hard to believe she was that pregnant and that good.

OK Skeptical... ;)

That is what Reanne told me and looking at the way she played - and I did (her breakbuilding was pretty good,she had the 2nd highest break after Nigels 129 in the mixed doubles which had Mark Allen and Joe Perry also playing) - she seemed very fluent. As for why, I don't know, a female will have to answer that and female who has had children.... Anyone..? :)

Postby N_Castle07

wildJONESEYE wrote:i dont understand why ding not managed 1 date out of thoes 4 ..it seems strange to put himself out of contention for a £60,000 and 3,000 ranking points when dave hendon earlier in the week mentioned EPTC1 the paul hunter classic he wasn't in that either but then someone posted on the blog ding has now entered(who was that god knows)

It seems very strange, yes I know he lives in China but I thought he would enter these to fight for the number one spot. Now he is not eligible for the PTC Final but he may decide to still enter these to gain ranking points.

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:DING is too good for this PTC muck. <ok>

DING <cool>

alrite, well go back to a threadbare calendar under Walker then? <doh>

Postby Witz78

N_Castle07 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i dont understand why ding not managed 1 date out of thoes 4 ..it seems strange to put himself out of contention for a £60,000 and 3,000 ranking points when dave hendon earlier in the week mentioned EPTC1 the paul hunter classic he wasn't in that either but then someone posted on the blog ding has now entered(who was that god knows)

It seems very strange, yes I know he lives in China but I thought he would enter these to fight for the number one spot. Now he is not eligible for the PTC Final but he may decide to still enter these to gain ranking points.

Of course Ding would know what the score was with the PTC and its requirements and rules. Hes got plenty of other snooker players hes friends with who would have spoke to him about it, then dont forget his management 110sport who would keep him in the loop with things like this. I simply think he was on holiday or otherwise engaged everytime these first 4 pTC events are on.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:

DING <cool>

DING is a crowd pleaser, he likes to have a laugh, to interact, crack a few jokes, and genuinely gets himself "up" for events with the cameras trained on him.

PTC cannot offer cameras, it cannot even offer LIVE scoring.

DING will not snake hiss about with this muck.

DING <cool>

Postby Wildey

crack a few jokes <laugh> he hasent mastered the art of cracking a smile yet rofl

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

DING <cool>

DING is a crowd pleaser, he likes to have a laugh, to interact, crack a few jokes, and genuinely gets himself "up" for events with the cameras trained on him.

PTC cannot offer cameras, it cannot even offer LIVE scoring.

DING will not snake hiss about with this muck.

DING <cool>

Ding is timid, nervous, shy and introverted. The cucibiles at the PTC should suit him better than arenas with audiences and tv cameras <ok>

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:really :chin:

yep, well he certainly doesnt come across as confident does he <doh>

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:really :chin:

yep, well he certainly doesnt come across as confident does he <doh>

At least he has a laugh with the crowd..................... sometimes takes it too far, but quite a funny man. <ok>

DING <cool>

Postby weewelshwitch

Prekims for PTC 3 underway - scores on Global Snooker - please don't cut and paste form Global Snooker onto here otherwise I'll just pack up and go home!!

Postby Wildey

weewelshwitch wrote:Prekims for PTC 3 underway - scores on Global Snooker - please don't cut and paste form Global Snooker onto here otherwise I'll just pack up and go home!!

whats the problam ???????????????

its as if we say GLOBAL is rubbish....

i have nothing but praise for global but it seems praising isnt aloud in your world but ok ill promote rubbish on there again HAPPY

PTC3 is dead on Snooker Island

Postby Wildey

Qualifiers start today for PTC3 but dont bother coming here for Results Check out World Snooker site <ok>

Postby Wildey

Greg Davis had a walkover in to the last 128 as craig steadman withdrew he now gets a place in the draw alongside his father first time a father and son made the same round of a pro tournament since Neal and Geoph Foulds in the early 80s.

Greg now plays Andy Hicks 9am 7th of August

for all other results see here http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC3_Draw.htm?tid=185