Topic locked

Re: PTC3 and PTC4

Postby Wildey

Take Daniel Wells for instance he was on the Main Tour for 2 years hes dropped down now to Amataur Status but he has a better chance this season of playing Ronnie than he ever got as a main tour player..........thats the insentive for these Amataur Players a big match test against the very best.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:BTW

ive said they are important for the Pros not Amataurs .

Most Amateurs that enter losing cash because you got to reach last 64 to make any money so not good when you draw Ronnie or selby in last 128.

win or lose, they gain good experience and get to guage what their true standard and level of ability is by playing better players.

Also dont forget that with the top 8 players who arent in the final top 64 of the rankings theres a potential route onto the main tour for the amateurs via the PTC so there s plenty of importance in them turning up and playing well here.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Take Daniel Wells for instance he was on the Main Tour for 2 years hes dropped down now to Amataur Status but he has a better chance this season of playing Ronnie than he ever got as a main tour player..........thats the insentive for these Amataur Players a big match test against the very best.

Precisely. It would be a great shame if players started making bad excuses not to attend because this series is an opportunity to really test them, I want to see players busting a gut to perform at every single event possible.

Postby Wildey

over this weekend there was 20 no shows between PTC3 AND 4 in qualifying

in PTC1 and 2 only 4 no shows in qualifying

that says there was a problem with changing dates.....that needs addressing not fair on players.

Postby Bourne

Stephen Lee won the Vienna Open tonight btw, wasn't sure where to put this. Beat Haneveer 5-4

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Stephen Lee won the Vienna Open tonight btw, wasn't sure where to put this. Beat Haneveer 5-4

in other events lol but seing as this thread is now coming to a end and a new PTC 3 Thread will be on it way soon ill keep it here <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

I've done it again. I've only just noticed PTC 3 has started, and it's finished. <laugh> Who won it this time?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I've done it again. I've only just noticed PTC 3 has started, and it's finished. <laugh> Who won it this time?

its not started all they done is play qualifying mate........come on keep up fans should know everything ;)

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've done it again. I've only just noticed PTC 3 has started, and it's finished. <laugh> Who won it this time?

its not started all they done is play qualifying mate........come on keep up fans should know everything ;)

This is how difficult the PTC is to follow. <laugh>

Postby GJ

wild

what are robbo's projected opponets for ptc4

drago round 1 and then

??????????????????

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:wild

what are robbo's projected opponents for ptc4

drago round 1 and then

??????????????????

Last 128 Drago
Last 64 Walden
Last 32 McLeod
Last 16 Marco Fu/Martin Gould/Joe Swail
Q/F Selby/Ronnie/Trump/Hendry (i hope :john: )
S/F lets put it this way if he gets through that hes favorite to win lol

Postby GJ

cheers mate

Postby Witz78

drago round 1 and then

??????????????????

Ahhh, so your interested in the PTC now mate rofl

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

drago round 1 and then

??????????????????

GJ is always interested i can see through the brovado <ok> <laugh>

i fancy hendry getting to the last 16 beating trump along the way but it will stop there against Ronnie or Selby.

but its a hard draw Mcgill>Mark King>Trump>Ronnie/Selby

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:

drago round 1 and then

??????????????????

well if the provisonal number 1 and defending WC is willing to give it a chance i may as well

:afro: <cool>

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

drago round 1 and then

??????????????????

well if the provisonal number 1 and defending WC is willing to give it a chance i may as well

:afro: <cool>

rofl

your priceless