Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 2 Discusion!!!

Postby Smart

Noel wrote:If it's not on the shelf and presented appealingly...
Snooker will go out of business.
End of.

N :sad: EL

broke my own promise, BUT Noel sums it up perfectly. This is a snooker forum, and as such its lifeblood is to discuss snooker. This PTC does nothing for fans but a paltry draw-sheet with sporadic updates and some one-liner reports on WSA. Just not good enough....... I will be back for comment when snooker can be bothered to present something that I can reasonably comment upon.

Shoddy is not the word, it aint that good.

Fair play for putting up threads but you might just as well be talking about your favourite animals than snooker cos there is nothing to discuss. World snooker have made it that way. Shambles. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
Noel wrote:If it's not on the shelf and presented appealingly...
Snooker will go out of business.
End of.

N :sad: EL

broke my own promise, BUT Noel sums it up perfectly. This is a snooker forum, and as such its lifeblood is to discuss snooker. This PTC does nothing for fans but a paltry draw-sheet with sporadic updates and some one-liner reports on WSA. Just not good enough....... I will be back for comment when snooker can be bothered to present something that I can reasonably comment upon.

Shoddy is not the word, it aint that good.

Fair play for putting up threads but you might just as well be talking about your favourite animals than snooker cos there is nothing to discuss. World snooker have made it that way. Shambles. <laugh>

so long :wave: :wave: :wave:

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Just out of interest Smart what would you have rather the players did this Weekend ?

what difference does it make................ you are here to comment on a set of matches, that YOU CANNOT VIEW IN PERSON, THAT YOU CANNOT WATCH PROGRESS WITH LIVE SCORING......

staggered beyond belief that ......

They could be down there local boozer or watching monkeys twiddle in the zoo for all I care........ its a NON EVENT.

Not for public consumption.... FACT. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Great Atetute for a snooker fan to have NOT.

you dont care rubbish about the sport just WHAT you can get out of it a very selfish person <ok>

Postby Noel

wildJONESEYE wrote: when you build a house you got to build it on a firm footing.

No question. From ground up. Actually from below ground up.
From my distant point-of-view Snooker sank into a sinkhole once there
was NO media coverage in Canada.
No BBC. No CBC. Nothing even in newspapers until the rise of the Web.
Even now TGFW(ebstreaming) else no one here could watch even the WC on TV.
Eurosport has had a huge impact on the sports success in the EU. Same with Chinese broadcasting.
Live streams are the future for Snooker growth. [ that and tables and lights and balls and cues and beer ]

Even if they have to slap a table in a tent... just make sure there is a vidcam!
Also, Santa, could I please have an audience... a person for every seat even if they don't pay.
It just looks.... better that way!

Thanks.

=o)

Noel

PS... I find the need to try and discover "Who's behind the curtain playing with whom and who's scoring" an embarrassment. In this day and age!
Last edited by Noel on 11 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

well all ive herd from smart a guy living in the UK having more Snooker than the rest of the Plannet to watch or go to is

if i cant watch if i cant follow if i this if i that Players can go to twiddle themselves i care buck about them all i want is what i can get.

Well mate go to Canada Live there to see how much bucking Snooker YOU CAN WATCH <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:well all ive herd from smart a guy living in the UK having more Snooker than the rest of the Plannet to watch or go to is

if i cant watch if i cant follow if i this if i that Players can go to help yourself themselves i care intercourse about them all i want is what i can get.

Well mate go to Canada Live there to see how much intercoursing Snooker YOU CAN WATCH <ok>

<laugh> <laugh>

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Great Atetute for a snooker fan to have NOT.

you dont care rubbish about the sport just WHAT you can get out of it a very selfish person <ok>

So what are you getting out of a sporadic update and a one liner report from WSA on matches......... sorry but you are being conned.

The only difference between the matches today and any other matches (players play each other in practice)........ is that today there will be a referee picking the balls out. No coverage, no TV, no LIVE scoring, no access - NON EVENT.

Selfish ...... nto asking much but they are offering buck all. I am honest not deluded.

ps thanks for the welcome back <laugh>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKfdzspy ... re=related

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:well all ive herd from smart a guy living in the UK having more Snooker than the rest of the Plannet to watch or go to is

if i cant watch if i cant follow if i this if i that Players can go to twiddle themselves i care buck about them all i want is what i can get.

Well mate go to Canada Live there to see how much bucking Snooker YOU CAN WATCH <ok>

YOU CANT bucking WATCH THIS OR FOLLOW IT PROPERLY - bucking SHAMBLES rubbish rubbish rubbish :redneck:

Are we supposed to be grateful for this...................... it aint worth a thread to be honest. There, I said it. <laugh>
Last edited by Smart on 11 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Great Atetute for a snooker fan to have NOT.

you dont care poo about the sport just WHAT you can get out of it a very selfish person <ok>

So what are you getting out of a sporadic update and a one liner report from WSA on matches......... sorry but you are being conned.

The only difference between the matches today and any other matches (players play each other in practice)........ is that today there will be a referee picking the balls out. No coverage, no TV, no LIVE scoring, no access - NON EVENT.

Selfish ...... nto asking much but they are offering intercourse all. I am honest not deluded.

ps thanks for the welcome back <laugh>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKfdzspy ... re=related

welcome back and good evening smart :wave:

must say i do see smarts point, if i cant watch it or keep up with live scoring and no commentry then it is abit of turnoff. they might aswell be playing in thier local club

Postby Wildey

what would you prefer then no snooker and players going to the beach ?

i dont get that rubbish.

yes its not perfect but the alternative is Nothing is that better then ????

jesus christ you lot want it all and yesterday......

Go on you run the bucking sport you put on tournaments Jesus what bucking idiots.

Postby Wildey

Semi Final Results

Mark Selby 4-2 Marco Fu
Barry Pinches 4-1 Gerard Greene

Final ----7 pm Start

Mark Selby v Barry Pinches

Postby Noel

Snooker is in the business of entertaining people.
Providing value by playing. By watching.
Job #1 is to nuture a new younger paying fanbase. [ the old diehard fans are dying off ]
Job #2 is to nurture a new young playing fanbase [ in all countries ]
Job #3 is to cleanup the sport in the minds of the punters but especially the sponsors who are in the wagering business.
Job #4 is to attract related but fresh new sponsorships marrying other successful youth-oriented ventures with snooker. [ fashion/athletic wear, boardsports, music, gaming, etc. ]

Seeing is believing.
If snooker is seen to be cool it will win.

=o)

Noel

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Smart

despite our Arguments and stuff now lol

im glad your back <ok>

thanks, roll on the proper snooker....... <ok>

thats Just it mate the proper stuff is not for another 2 months at least with these events it gives players something to do and us a fix a small fix granted but its something....

im convinced Streaming will be available before the series finished and Live scoring hopefully back better than Ever ASAP.

Postby Monique

Congratulations to Mark Selby winner of PTC2. He scored heavily during the whole tournament making an impressive 8 centuries on his way.
Congratulations also to Barry Pinches, maybe not the guy people expected to make it to the final, but a very competent player and one of the kindest person you could meet on the circuit.
And finaly a special mention to Anthony McGill, scottish teenager and the "revelation" of this competition.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Well done Mark <ok>

Hopefully Mark Allen and Hendry make the next one :)

well ive been told via Dave Hendon Blog during first PTC hendry not in the 3rd either Dont Know about Allen.

but it shows the value of these events Selby gone from 12th up to 10th provisionally Dropping Hendry to 11th