Topic locked

Re: Bumper Field For PTC2

Postby Wildey

by looking at the format Jimmy plays his 128 match at 6pm on thursday and he plays his last 64 match at 9am friday morning.

Postby Wildey

Ken Doherty as a top 32 player and as a player that did not play in the first PTC and therefore outside the top 64 in PTC he has been lucky with his draw hes got Joe Jogia first off then Rookie Pro Highfield or Adam Wicheard in the last 64 Before it gets tough with possibly Perry or Trump in the last 32 but id fancy Doherty chances in that aswell.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:I fancy Ken also but don't underestimate Jogia. He's no mug.

absalutly no mug

what i was thinking as the higher Rank player he could have got Williams,Selby etc if not first round but last 64 and hes avoided that to a point although he isnt seeded he will play as the seed.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 8 July

10.00 am

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Not before 12.00 pm

9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Not before 2.00 pm

17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 23, 24,

Not before 4.00 pm

25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Not before 6.00 pm

33, 34, 35, 36, 73, 74, 75, 76

Friday 9 July

9.00am

69, 70, 71, 72, 75, 76, 119, 120

matches 75 and 76 plays twice lol

Postby Roland

Will they get double ranking points?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Will they get double ranking points?

That came from Global ive just looked at WS and there is only 6 matches squedual to be played 9am friday morning with 2 of them last 64 matches.

Postby Bourne

As long as the new sqedual doesn't affect the other players in an adverse way, it's okay.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:As long as the new sqedual doesn't affect the other players in an adverse way, it's okay.

doesent matter if it does ir it doesent it sets a standard where will it end kids birthday partys,weddings etc.

the idea of the PTC So that players got tournaments to play in so if you got something planned that weekend tough tits.

Postby GJ

currently these events have lost alot of status and are irrelevant with the current world champion not bothering with them

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:And the UK champion ...

<ok> :afro:

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:currently these events have lost alot of status and are irrelevant with the current world champion not bothering with them

Current World Champion will be bothering with them very soon but at the moment he was bothering himselff with Nappies.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Ah I wondered where GJ had been.

<laugh> <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Well, in my eyes, until these events are either put on TV, lets fans in to watch them, or preferrably both, they don't mean anything. What is the point in having Peter Ebdon vs Shaun Murphy being in this tournament, if the only people that will witness the match are the four people invited and the referee. If anything, it's just a practice game which happens to have a professional referee there. <doh> Lets hope this gets rectified soon, even if it's only on Eurosport. Which it probably would be.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Well, in my eyes, until these events are either put on TV, lets fans in to watch them, or preferrably both, they don't mean anything. What is the point in having Peter Ebdon vs Shaun Murphy being in this tournament, if the only people that will witness the match are the four people invited and the referee. If anything, it's just a practice game which happens to have a professional referee there. <doh> Lets hope this gets rectified soon, even if it's only on Eurosport. Which it probably would be.

they are the difference between them being top players and qualifiers.

i agree there needs to be more fans interaction along the way but dont kid yourself they are practice game ....these could end a players career if they dont respect them.

35% of available ranking points this season are in the PTC and over a 2 year rolling period there are 26 PTC Events that will kill or cure a players career.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Well, in my eyes, until these events are either put on TV, lets fans in to watch them, or preferrably both, they don't mean anything. What is the point in having Peter Ebdon vs Shaun Murphy being in this tournament, if the only people that will witness the match are the four people invited and the referee. If anything, it's just a practice game which happens to have a professional referee there. <doh> Lets hope this gets rectified soon, even if it's only on Eurosport. Which it probably would be.

they are the difference between them being top players and qualifiers.

i agree there needs to be more fans interaction along the way but dont kid yourself they are practice game ....these could end a players career if they dont respect them.

35% of available ranking points this season are in the PTC and over a 2 year rolling period there are 26 PTC Events that will kill or cure a players career.

My only point being, that if a match is that important, it might be nice to watch it.

Postby Wildey

yes i will echo that but at the same time ive been told these have been running in darts for a while and never televised but i am hoping with time they will be online somewhere at least ...cross fingers.

Postby Wildey

Jesus Janie said on TSF for EPTC1 the Paul Hunter Classic theres already 132 Entrants with only 32 Main Tour Players if all main Tour Players entered by the closing date there will be or could be 200+ easy playing in this one.

Closing Date for The Paul Hunter Classic is July 26

Postby Roland

Paul Hunter finally gets a worthy tribute. No disrespect to the event prior to this year but heres hoping it will end up one of the most significant events on the calendar in a few years time.

Players Tour Championship Event 2 Discusion!!!

Postby Wildey

Welcome to PTC 2 Coming not so live from Sheffield ;)

All Coments Regarding the 4 Day Event which starts tomorrow here to follow Scores Here

Qualifying to be played Tomorrow http://www.global-snooker.com/2010-Play ... esults.asp

and

the main Draw to be starting tomorrow with

73 Jimmy White v Winner 9

74 Kurt Maflin v Winner 10

75 Tom Ford v Winner 11

76 Igor Figueiredo v Winner 12

Main Draw Here http://www.global-snooker.com/2010-Play ... esults.asp

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 2 Discusion!!!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:David Gilbert, he's done next to nothing since that run of his at the Welsh the other year has he ?

he has lost 9 first match in tournaments out of 14 over the last 2 seasons but he did reach the final qualifier for the World this year and the last time he had a TV Match was at the 2009 Welsh <ok>

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 2 Discusion!!!

Postby Casey

I would also like to see Jimmy White roll back the years and win a few matches, had to see that happening though.

Also I thought Polly parrot might have entered :huh2: