Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 1 Discusion!!!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:And no HongKongians either.

yes but Honk Kongians Sportsmen hasent disgraced theire whole country on the 27th of June 2010 lol

Oh I duno about that, Fu's performance today was poor.

good point <ok>

Postby Roland

That was quite exciting scrolling down the previous page and seeing how the results unfolded. Cope 4-0's Ronnie then Mark J comes back from 3-0 to beat Pinches 4-3. Great stuff. And congratulations to those who have 3 players scoring points in the predictions. I thought the vast majority of us would be on zero or 1 at best. 3 players is a great score and could yet be equal best throughout the season for 1 event.

I guess Cope has done his chances of getting top 16 at the first cut off no harm at all.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That was quite exciting scrolling down the previous page and seeing how the results unfolded. Cope 4-0's Ronnie then Mark J comes back from 3-0 to beat Pinches 4-3. Great stuff. And congratulations to those who have 3 players scoring points in the predictions. I thought the vast majority of us would be on zero or 1 at best. 3 players is a great score and could yet be equal best throughout the season for 1 event.

I guess Cope has done his chances of getting top 16 at the first cut off no harm at all.

Follow their progress here http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... -rankings/ under the old system it was easy to follow just add points on but with the new system you got to add some on and take others off well matt of pro snooker blog does it for us lol

Ronnie was swamped by cope today limiting Ronnie to 28 points not easy

Postby Monique

Judging by the scoreline, Cope probably did to Ronnie today what Hendry was doing to the "80th players" in the early 90th: take his chance and win in one visit. There is nothing you can do when kept sat in your chair (tough grinder or not)

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Judging by the scoreline, Cope probably did to Ronnie today what Hendry was doing to the "80th players" in the early 90th: take his chance and win in one visit. There is nothing you can do when kept sat in your chair (tough grinder or not)

not going in to this lol

but Ronnie plays a open game that does lend itself to that happening if he is a fraction off Grinders never did that they play to their strengths of negativity tieing up the table.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:O'Sullivan had 28 points worth of chances, he didn't take them. WD Jamie for exploiting.

28 points over 4 frames does not equate to chances lol avaraging break of 7 per frame.

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:O'Sullivan had 28 points worth of chances, he didn't take them. WD Jamie for exploiting.

28 points over 4 frames does not equate to chances lol avaraging break of 7 per frame.

you beat me here Wild ;). And 0 points in last 2 frames.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

A chance is a chance ... if you don't take it, tough rubbish. 28 points shows he got in several times, as well as having the ability to put Cope under pressure when a chance went begging ...

Postby Wildey

Potting a red and blue not splitting the pack does not equate a chance lol

a chance is when balls open and you in the middle of them my guess i wasent there but knowing the brilliance of Ronnie in breakbuilding he was never in the balls with a scoring chance <ok>

The Final

Mark Williams 2-0 Stephen Maguire

maguire is yet to score a point.

Postby Bourne

And if the chance goes begging, you put your opponent in trouble. Excuses like that you're giving are weak, this is a big boy's game, 4 frames is long enough to get chances.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:And if the chance goes begging, you put your opponent in trouble. Excuses like that you're giving are weak, this is a big boy's game, 4 frames is long enough to get chances.

so what are you saying Ronnie is rubbish for not taking a frame of a shitty player like cope ?

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:And if the chance goes begging, you put your opponent in trouble. Excuses like that you're giving are weak, this is a big boy's game, 4 frames is long enough to get chances.

so what are you saying Ronnie is poo for not taking a frame of a shitty player like cope ?

I'm saying there's no excuse, he had chances, didn't take them.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:

so what are you saying Ronnie is poo for not taking a frame of a shitty player like cope ?

:chin: :no:

Postby Monique

Nobody is making "excuses". We don't know actually what kind of chances players had as nobody of us saw the match.
Score line, report by foul.4 and Cope usual style when on form however suggest Cope pretty much won in one visit once he had or created for himself a decent chance and all credit to him.

Postby Wildey

i think its pretty safe to say ronnie playing badly in open balls would make more than 28 if the opertunity arised for him.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:i think its pretty safe to say ronnie playing badly in open balls would make more than 28 if the opertunity arised for him.

Indeed.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Meanwhile Mark J. Williams wins 4-0 in little over 40 minutes. Congrats champ!

snap on the meanwhile and score lol

16 frames won and 6 frames lost for Mark Today Pinches made it tough for him being 3-0 down and Cope stages a mini comeback but the other 2 matches against Trump and Maguire he won thoes 8 frames in a hour and a half..

Janie Watkins can get to bed early tonight <laugh>

Postby Wildey

another thing the PTC will do if you get a good run is relieve the presure when you reach bigger tournaments so you can relax more and possibly play to your best.

Mark got 2,000 points in the bank Shaun Murphy,Ding,Robbo got nothing.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:another thing the PTC will do if you get a good run is relieve the presure when you reach bigger tournaments so you can relax more and possibly play to your best.

I think Ding and Robbo would rather focus their schedule around the biggest tournaments. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:another thing the PTC will do if you get a good run is relieve the presure when you reach bigger tournaments so you can relax more and possibly play to your best.

I think Ding and Robbo would rather focus their schedule around the biggest tournaments. <ok>

great thery if you can guarantee having a run in them if you suffer a shock loss you are basicly screwed now more than ever.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

great thery if you can guarantee having a run in them if you suffer a shock loss you are basicly intercoursed now more than ever.

Yeh agree, but they know what they're doing.