Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 1 Discusion!!!

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/site_files/PTC1_draw.pdf

the final line-up will only be available on Thursday 24th June after the qualifying matches are completed.

The Draw came up straight after i posted lol

Postby Wildey

i thought the draw was done on seeding basis so as the 5th highest rank player in the event how come Selby is seeded for a last 32 against Ronnie :huh: Not only that but Selby is drawn for a last 64 with Ryan Day who is the 6th seed lol

so its safe to say the likes of Hendry dont have to worry the only players playing in a seeded position is the top 4 of Ronnie,Maguire,Murphy and Williams everyone else is Random to some extent.

Marco Fu first up for Brecel with the winner playing Andy Hicks or Kuldesh Johal

Gareth Green first up for Jimmy White with the winner playing Kyren Wilson or James McBain with a possible last 32 with Jamie Cope

Pink Ribbon Champion Holt has a potential last 64 with Fergal O'Brian and a last 32 with Stephen Maguire.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i thought the draw was done on seeding basis so as the 5th highest rank player in the event how come Selby is seeded for a last 32 against Ronnie :huh: Not only that but Selby is drawn for a last 64 with Ryan Day who is the 6th seed lol

so its safe to say the likes of Hendry dont have to worry the only players playing in a seeded position is the top 4 of Ronnie,Maguire,Murphy and Williams everyone else is Random to some extent.

lol

Postby Wildey

i think this event is desighned to go with PTC Rankings whitch is different to World Rankings so i think Next Event will go with the PTC Rankings but for this first event they decided to throw it in a hat at random instead of going with the World Rankings.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:i think this event is desighned to go with PTC Rankings whitch is different to World Rankings so i think Next Event will go with the PTC Rankings but for this first event they decided to throw it in a hat at random instead of going with the World Rankings.

Does this tournament count towards official world rankings or not ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i think this event is desighned to go with PTC Rankings whitch is different to World Rankings so i think Next Event will go with the PTC Rankings but for this first event they decided to throw it in a hat at random instead of going with the World Rankings.

yes it does but they not seeding with the official world rankings.

Heres the format of play whitch show Bottom half of draw plays up to the last 16 on Friday then top half does the same on Saturday then Last 16,QF,SF and Final played on Sunday http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC1_format.htm?tid=166

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

yes it does but they not seeding with the official world rankings.

Heres the format of play whitch show Bottom half of draw plays up to the last 16 on Friday then top half does the same on Saturday then Last 16,QF,SF and Final played on Sunday http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC1_format.htm?tid=166

OK, i'm surprised about that. :huh2:

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:why are you surprised ?

Because no-one had ever heard of this tournament 2months ago in the middle of the summer break and now suddenly it's a tournament worth playing and fighting for.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

Because no-one had ever heard of this tournament 2months ago in the middle of the summer break and now suddenly it's a tournament worth playing and fighting for.

there are 13 of these tournaments and i knew about them last april lol

at that time we wasent sure of ranking implications but now they are minor rankers and all to play for

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

at that time we wasent sure of ranking implications but now they are minor rankers and all to play for

13 ?! wtf rofl Where they being played and are they on TV ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

13 ?! wtf rofl Where they being played and are they on TV ?

See Calender http://www.worldsnooker.com/entire_calendar.htm they come under the name Players Tour Championship and Euro Players Tour Championship the final event in March next year is televised.

dont know if some of the others might be online at some point ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:OK cheers bro, i'm still a bit skep.

so you are skeptical of having more tournaments thats classed as Ranking Tournaments lol

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

so you are skeptical of having more tournaments thats classed as Ranking Tournaments lol

They seem a bit shady to me.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

in what way lol

they are tournament played over 3 days from the last 128 stage with every match the best of 7 frames with Ranking tarif for first 12 looking like

Last 64 360

Last 32 560

Last 16 760

QF 1000

SF 1280

R/U1600

Winner 2000

and the final Televised Event Looking like this

Last 24 840

Last 16 1140

QF 1500

SF 1920

R/U 2400

Winner 3000

so in effect a consistent last 16 in all event would give a player 10,260 points thats more than the World Champion gets

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Theres £800,000 in total prize money for the players to fight for in the PTC
The players now have a full time "job" and will be playing far more than before
Theres no longer vast gaps in the snooker calendar
The European PTC events will help expand the games popularity abroad

Doesnt seem shady to me <cool>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Theres £800,000 in total prize money for the players to fight for in the PTC
The players now have a full time "job" and will be playing far more than before
Theres no longer vast gaps in the snooker calendar
The European PTC events will help expand the games popularity abroad

Doesnt seem shady to me <cool>

i agree now bourne also agree ffs i hate agreeing with witz it goes against my principles rofl rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
i agree now bourne also agree ffs i hate agreeing with witz it goes against my principles rofl rofl

also it goes against my principles writing something that i know Wild will agree with <doh>

:chin: ...................................................... <laugh>

Postby Wildey

its End of June the queen getting in her seat at Wimbledon as im typing and already 2010/2011 Ranking Snooker season is starting today under the watchfull eye of the new supremo Barry Hearn

3pm today 22 roll on roll off matches of 7 frames start and over the next 4 days 149 best of 7 frames Matches will take place.

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:its End of June the queen getting in her seat at Wimbledon as im typing and already 2010/2011 Ranking Snooker season is starting today under the watchfull eye of the new supremo Barry Hearn

3pm today 22 roll on roll off matches of 7 frames start and over the next 4 days 149 best of 7 frames Matches will take place.

Will there be live scoring?

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:its End of June the queen getting in her seat at Wimbledon as im typing and already 2010/2011 Ranking Snooker season is starting today under the watchfull eye of the new supremo Barry Hearn

Will there be live scoring?

i think there will be but dont know if snooker island will carry them because theres 8 matches at a time.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Greg Davis is through as David Gray it seems withdrew or didn't show up. Why am I not surprised? :chin:

what do you meen not surprised ?

Postby Monique

http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC1_news(N ... Face_Gould)-2332.htm?tid=166

Nugget Junior To Face Gould
Greg Davis, son of snooker legend Steve, is through to the last 128 of Players Tour Championship event one, having been handed a bye through the preliminary round.

Davis was due to play David Gray today in the all-amateur round, but Gray has withdrawn from the event.

The son off the six-times World Champion therefore goes through to play tomorrow against Martin Gould, who will be in action for the first time since his epic 13-12 defeat to eventual winner Neil Robertson at the Betfred.com World Snooker Championship.

Ejler Hame has also withdrawn, which means that Marc Davis goes through to play Fergal O'Brien.

and also

http://www.global-snooker.com/Global-Sn ... 100624.asp