Topic locked

Players Tour Championship Event 1 Discusion!!!

Postby Wildey

Friday 25 June

10.00am

Shaun Murphy v Mitchell Mann
Andrew Higginson v Nisar Ahmed Safuddin
Stephen Lee v Lee Spick
Rory McLeod v Olivier Vandedoheede
Marco Fu v Luca Brecel
Andy Hicks v Kuldesh Johal
Ian McCulloch v Allan Taylor
Graeme Dott v Adam Stefanow

Not before 11.30pm

Nigel Bond v Gavin Buller
Jamie Burnett v Jamie Clarke 0
Martin Gould v Greg Davis
Mike Dunn v Aditya Mehta
Adrian Gunnell v Sam Craigie
Mark King v Stephen Ormerod
Joe Jogia v David Craggs
Patrick Wallace v Stephen Craigie

Not before 1.00pm

Justin Astley v Kamran Ashraf
Matthew Couch v Shahrukh Nasir
Anthony Hamilton v Jordan Brown
Mark Davis v Robert Redmond
Stuart Bingham v Shaun Parkes
David Gilbert v Nick Jennings
Simon Bedford v Andrew Norman
Tom Ford v Martin O’Donnell

Not before 2.30pm

Kurt Maflin v Michal Zielinski
Barry Hawkins v Hugh Abernerthy
Ricky Walden v Andy Lee
Dave Harold v Michael Wild
Michael Holt v Daniel Wells
Fergal O’Brien v Marc Davis
Bjorn Haneveer v Ashik Nathwani
Stephen Maguire v Stuart Carrington

Not before 4.00pm

8 Last 64 Matches

Not before 5.30pm

8 Last 64 Matches

Not before 7.00pm

8 Last 32 Matches

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 1 Discusion!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/othersport/view/181883/Barry-Hearn-snookered-by-Neil-Robertson-and-Stephen-Hendry

Scot Hendry, 41, said: “I just don’t want to play in this one and I won’t be taking part. I will probably play in some of the others"

does stephen actually know whats at stake in taking this attitude if indeed he has taken that attitude or its a paper stretching what he said.

regarding Robertson be fair hes being the doting father.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He will "probably" play in some of the others. That sounds like a snub to me.

snub it sounds but we do know how papers take whats actually said out of context......stephen has a dry sense of humour and he maybe said that but with a wink and a smile.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:This is true. Nearly always when you read a quote you get a different impression to if you actually see it being said.

Stephen Hendry is 41 years of age his career coming to a end the only person he snubs by not taking part is himself.

i know hes a massive draw and any tournament better by him being there however now hes past 40 Hearn has younger players to promote and not having Hendry there is a glimpse to the future.

Postby Casey

I would put big money on this being why Stephen did not enter and support Hearn's new event -

PL
Week 1 - September 2 - Southampton Guidhall
Shaun Murphy v Ding Junhui, Ronnie O'Sullivan v Marco Fu

Week 2 - September 16 - Plymouth Pavilions
Mark Selby v Mark Williams, Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ding Junhui

Week 3 - September 30 - Preston Guild Hall
Marco Fu v Shaun Murphy, Ding Junhui v Mark Williams, Neil Robertson v Mark Selby

Week 4 - October 7 - Brentwood Leisure Centre, Essex
Mark Selby v Ding Junhui, Ronnie O'Sullivan v Shaun Murphy

Week 5 - October 14 - Inverness Leisure Centre
Mark Selby v Marco Fu, Neil Robertson v Mark Williams

Week 6 - October 21 - Spiceball Leisure Centre, Banbury, Oxfordshire
Neil Robertson v Ding Junhui, Marco Fu v Mark Williams

Week 7 - October 28 - Penrith Leisure Centre
Marco Fu v Ding Junhui, Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Williams

Week 8 - November 4 - Hutton Moor Leisure Centre
Marco Fu v Neil Robertson, Shaun Murphy v Mark Selby

Week 9 - Nov 11 - Grimsby Auditorium
Shaun Murphy v Mark Williams, Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robertson

Week 10 - November 18 - Venue Cymru, Llandudno, Wales
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Selby, Shaun Murphy v Neil Robertson

Semi-finals Nov 27 Potters Leisure Resort, Hopton on Sea, Norfolk
Semi-finals are the first to five.
1st v 4th
and 2nd v 3rd
http://www.pottersholidays.com

Final - Nov 28 - Potters Leisure Resort, Hopton on Sea, Norfolk
The final is the first to seven.
Winner of semi-final 1 v winner of semi-final 2.
http://www.pottersholidays.com

No Higgins the world number 1 either......

Postby Wildey

when did that come out ive been looking virtually every day if its up last time i looked i think it was about last wednesday.

anyway i dont think Stephen will take that to heart the guy is a born winner and ill guarantee you he wouldnt invite himself taking in to consideration how rubbish hes been of late to deserve a call up.

Postby Casey

So is this an indicator into how the investigation will pan out? Leaving out Higgins with 3 months to go before the first round of matches. Maybe Barry feels the result is all but a formality?

Not sure about that Wild, I think Stephen’s snub to the PTC is a result of not being invited to the PL, that would seem the most obvious explanation anyway.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:So is this an indicator into how the investigation will pan out? Leaving out Higgins with 3 months to go before the first round of matches. Maybe Barry feels the result is all but a formality?

Not sure about that Wild, I think Stephen’s snub to the PTC is a result of not being invited to the PL, that would seem the most obvious explanation anyway.

yes but the fact Barry Left him out of the PL Would sugest its time to move on therefore the only person he is snubbing by not entering the PTC is himself and us as fans not Barry Hearn.

Regarding Higgins with 3 months to go before the first match in the PL it is a worry theres 5 PTC Events before the first PL Match and before Selby,Williams and Ding plays in the PL the shanghai masters is done and dusted.

Postby Roland

You can't read anything into Higgins omission apart from the fact he is currently under investigation and they need to get the PL line up sorted out so they can sell the tickets. Who in their right mind would include Higgins in such circumstances?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:You can't read anything into Higgins omission apart from the fact he is currently under investigation and they need to get the PL line up sorted out so they can sell the tickets. Who in their right mind would include Higgins in such circumstances?

yes but it also sugests the outcome of the investigation is a long way off completion otherwise im sure waiting another month before finalisaing the league wouldnt be a hindaeance...

venues booked im sure they will sell the tickets easy in 2 months even less.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It suggests nothing of the sort.

well it might or it might not i still think if barry wanted to he could have easily held off announcing the league for a month <ok>

Postby Wildey

ive got some kind of idea of the format

Friday 25th

64 Last 128 Matches

Saturday 26th

32 Last 64 Matches
16 Last 32 Matches
8 Last 16 Matches

Sunday 27th

4 Quarter Finals
2 Semi Finals
1 Final

Postby Roland

If there was one it'd have to be a 2 names prediction contest with 2 points for picking the winner and 1 for the runner up and run it over the course of the 13 events.

Postby Wildey

i think its impossible to make a template for it so what do you think about a prediction contest on a minor scale just the first round that would be pretty easy.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Take a guess :redneck:

If there was one it'd have to be a 2 names prediction contest with 2 points for picking the winner and 1 for the runner up and run it over the course of the 13 events.

yes i think you got something there lets expand it to name the semi finalists for 1 point each then the finalist for 2 points each and 3 points for the winner so potentially theres 11 points on offer from each PTC.

Postby Wildey

my understanding is the draw for this first event will be published on Worldsnooker.com just after 5pm keep it here as soon as its out ill have it up on this thread <ok>

Postby Wildey

Draw and Format: Each PTC draw will be conducted by World Snooker and posted on
worldsnooker.com by 5 pm on the Monday preceding each event.

its gone 5 :roll: