Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 1 Discusion!!!

Postby Wildey

Cheesyman99 wrote:Can someone update the prediction contest?

if you insist

Wild <ok>

Rocket Ron
Paperbackwriter
Cheesyman

The Cleaver

Mark
Tubber
Monique
Quintahunter

Sonny
Case

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:How many ranking event wins for Mark J now?

these do not count as ranking event wins so 17 same as after china open <ok>

as dave hendon said on his blog Tony Drago and Joe Swail aswell as Troy Shaw are ranking champions on this scale lol

Postby Wildey

Liking the look of the Live Scoring at the bottom of the page but i think World Snooker needs updating
as Hendon said
It’s 41 years since we sent men to the moon but it’s apparently beyond the means of modern technology to keep a live scoreboard ticking over for longer than a couple of hours. It stopped dead today at 11.35am and did not work again.

Postby Wildey

Mr Snooker wrote:are the 2,000 ranking points also added to Mark Williams official ranking as swell as the PTC world ranking

well done Mark

he gets £10,000 as equal to 10,000 points for the PTC Merit points that looks like this

1 Mark J Williams £10,000
2 Stephen Maguire £5,000
3 Marco Fu £2,500
== Jamie Cope £2,500
5 Ronnie O’Sullivan £1,500
== Tom Ford £1,500
== Barry Pinches £1,500
== Joe Jogia £1,500
9 Barry Hawkins £1,000
== Stephen Lee £1,000
== Mathew Stevens £1,000
== Mark Davis £1,000
== Judd Trump £1,000
== Nigel Bond £1,000
== Marcus Campbell £1,000
== Jamie Jones £1,000

and He Gets 2000 points for his official World Rankings whitch looks like this for points earned this tournament

1 Mark J Williams 2000
2 Stephen Maguire 1600
3 Marco Fu 1280
== Jamie Cope 1280
5 Ronnie O’Sullivan 1000
== Tom Ford 1000
== Barry Pinches 1000
== Joe Jogia 1000
9 Barry Hawkins 760
== Stephen Lee 760
== Mathew Stevens 760
== Mark Davis 760
== Judd Trump 760
== Nigel Bond 760
== Marcus Campbell 760
== Jamie Jones 760

Postby Monique

http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC1_news%2 ... tm?tid=166
Williams Takes First PTC Title

Mark Williams won snooker's first Players Tour Championship event with a resounding 4-0 victory over Stephen Maguire in the final.

The Welshman compiled breaks of 75, 64, 59 and 82 to beat Scotland's Maguire in just 43 minutes and earn a first prize of £10,000.

The tournament at the World Snooker Academy in Sheffield pitched the sport's top professionals against amateur players. Surprise results in the early stages included Shaun Murphy's 4-3 defeat against Mitchell Mann and Ryan Day's 4-3 reverse against Michael Wasley, while Brazil's Igor Figuierado won two matches to reach the last 32.

But it was a strong line up in the latter stages with Ronnie O'Sullivan and Marco Fu reaching the quarter-finals as well as Williams and Maguire. Jamie Cope beat O'Sullivan before losing to Williams, while Maguire beat Fu in the semis.

"Overall I played well, I was solid," said Williams. "I had a bit of luck in the quarter-finals, I was 3-1 down to Barry Pinches and he was on a break, I thought the match was over. Then he accidentally feathered the white, so I got back in and ended up winning 4-3. In the final, Stephen missed a few balls and I made four good breaks.

"These events are excellent, I was only there for two days and I'm going home with some money and ranking points. There are 12 events and even if you only won one match in each you'd pick a lot of points up. They're also great match practice for the main ranking events."

The next event runs from July 9 to 11.

Postby Casey

rocket_ron wrote:
case_master wrote:
Sonny wrote:Mark Williams 18x ranking title winner :D

:redneck:

17 times ranking winner
1 PTC championship.

Thats most likely how it will read on players CV's

yes thats better casey

Comparing them to the other ranking events is down grading them, considering they are played with much more pressure.

You could call the end of year event the 4th major but I still wouldn’t refer them to as ranking events, there a different entity all together.

It will be interesting to see who collects the most over the next few years.

Postby Monique

There were "minor ranking" events in the past also and they never counted in the rankers tally but of course they did in the "professional wins" tally. Ronnie for instance participated in at least one of the "Strachan Challenges" early in his carreer (1992/93 methinks and made the SF)

Postby Casey

Overall I played well, I was solid," said Williams. "I had a bit of luck in the quarter-finals, I was 3-1 down to Barry Pinches and he was on a break, I thought the match was over. Then he accidentally feathered the white, so I got back in and ended up winning 4-3. In the final, Stephen missed a few balls and I made four good breaks.

"These events are excellent, I was only there for two days and I'm going home with some money and ranking points. There are 12 events and even if you only won one match in each you'd pick a lot of points up. They're also great match practice for the main ranking events."

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:There were "minor ranking" events in the past also and they never counted in the rankers tally but of course they did in the "professional wins" tally. Ronnie for instance participated in at least one of the "Strachan Challenges" early in his carreer (1992/93 methinks and made the SF)

yes thoes minor ranking titles got put down as non Ranking wins on players CV.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
Overall I played well, I was solid," said Williams. "I had a bit of luck in the quarter-finals, I was 3-1 down to Barry Pinches and he was on a break, I thought the match was over. Then he accidentally feathered the white, so I got back in and ended up winning 4-3. In the final, Stephen missed a few balls and I made four good breaks.

yes if mark only wins one match per event for the next 11 he would have got about 6,000 points out of the PTC this season and you would expect Mark to win a hell of a lot more than that.

Postby SnookerFan

So, now we've had one of these events, can I ask how easy it is to go and watch them? It was suggested before that only family would be allowed in the 'crowd' for these. Is this the case? If so, it's a nice thing for the players to have extra matches, but it seems a lot of effort to put in for something us, the fans, have no way of watching barring an internet live score that doesn't work.

On saying that, if there is chances to go and watch it, it might be a nice weekend away, even if you do have to go to Sheffield to see them.

Postby SnookerFan

N_Castle07 wrote:his Wikipedia site has been updated and his PTC title is classed as Minor-ranking event on there.

Still, it's good to see a player of Mark's class winning events again. Obviously, nowhere near as prestigiious as his win in China earlier this year, but considering his dropping down the rankings a few years ago, it's good to see.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:So, now we've had one of these events, can I ask how easy it is to go and watch them? It was suggested before that only family would be allowed in the 'crowd' for these. Is this the case? If so, it's a nice thing for the players to have extra matches, but it seems a lot of effort to put in for something us, the fans, have no way of watching barring an internet live score that doesn't work.

On saying that, if there is chances to go and watch it, it might be a nice weekend away, even if you do have to go to Sheffield to see them.

The venue can't really accomodate spectators, not with 8 tables playing and in fact 8 tables isn't enough if the events are to be kept within 3 days. Shame. So I don't think that's gonna change unless another venue is found. Streaming should be possible though, at least from quarters on when only four tables maximum are in use.
Venues in Germany for the EPTC are different. Certainly Furth and Hamm are perfectly fit for accomodating a sizable audience.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, now we've had one of these events, can I ask how easy it is to go and watch them? It was suggested before that only family would be allowed in the 'crowd' for these. Is this the case? If so, it's a nice thing for the players to have extra matches, but it seems a lot of effort to put in for something us, the fans, have no way of watching barring an internet live score that doesn't work.

The venue can't really accomodate spectators, not with 8 tables playing and in fact 8 tables isn't enough if the events are to be kept within 3 days. Shame. So I don't think that's gonna change unless another venue is found. Streaming should be possible though, at least from quarters on when only four tables maximum are in use.
Venues in Germany for the EPTC are different. Certainly Furth and Hamm are perfectly fit for accomodating a sizable audience.

Are the EPTC events going to be streamed? A bit pointless having them abraod if they are not.

Postby Monique

Having events "abroad" is how it's for us mainland europeans all the time, you spoiled brits! ;) Move your backsides, take the train or the plane and go there ... that's what I and others do several times a year!
I'm not sure the PHC was ever broadcasted by Eurosport, I don't remember it being. But I know talks are underway with Eurosport and another broadcaster. for the EPTCs.

teasing you guys. :john: but yes, you are spoiled ... <cool>

Postby Tubberlad

I think it's best to include the PTC wins as professional wins, along with tournaments like the Masters, Irish Masters (back in the day) etc. However, I think the finals event SHOULD be included as a ranking event.