Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 1 Discusion!!!

Postby Roland

The idea is obviously to get live scoring at the bottom of screen on here but right now this is the first chance we've had to play with 8 simultaneous matches so it's a chance to play about and get it right before launching. It'll probably be by the next PTC event although knowing Hallenberg he'll sort it by this afternoon.

Postby gallantrabbit

Snooker season starting in June. This is terrific.How many players have said they feel like professionals again?
I hope Sheffield has allowed some spectators in, because there was talk of only family etc. The snooker will of course be great and the buzz is back even if such events are not loaded with cash.

Postby Monique

Marco Fu 4-0 Luca Brecel
Andrew Higginson 4-0 Ahmed Saif
Stephen Lee 4-1 Lee Spick

I can't say I'm surprised about Luca's result but I would like to know how the match went. From what I have seen from him in the past, I expect that a player like Marco Fu would frustrate him and that's something he does not cope well with. One reason why I'm glad he can't be on the tour before another year. He has the game but not the maturity.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:The idea is obviously to get live scoring at the bottom of screen on here but right now this is the first chance we've had to play with 8 simultaneous matches so it's a chance to play about and get it right before launching. It'll probably be by the next PTC event although knowing Hallenberg he'll sort it by this afternoon.

i agree you got to get it right it could look messy if you rush it lol

monique life as a pro player will be hard for him marco fu is a top notch player and its only the first match he has to learn from these and gain experience

Shaun Murphy 2-3 Mitchell Mann
Rory McLeod 2-1 Oliver Vandenboheede
Marco Fu 4-0 Luca Brecel
Andy Hicks 2-3 Kuldesh Johal
Ian McCulloch 1-3 Allan Taylor
Graeme Dott 4-0 Adam Stefanow.

meanwhile the mitchelin mann going well against the smurphs 3-2 up maybee a major shock there ?

Postby Wildey

what a result this cold be for mitchell man

Latest

Shaun Murphy 3-3 Mitchell Mann
Rory McLeod 3-1 Oliver Vandenboheede
Andy Hicks 3-3 Kuldesh Johal
Nigel Bond 1-0 Gavin Buller
Jamie Burnett 1-0 Jamie Clarke
Mike Dunn 1-0 Aditya Mehta

Postby Wildey

Marco Fu 4-0 Luca Brecel
64-40, 76(56)-44, 91(90)-0, 118(78)-1

Luca had chances in the first 2 frames close frames but fu's Breakbuilding was the Killer in the end.

Postby Monique

tweets by Dave H

Live scoring has, of course, broken down. And people said Barry wouldn't maintain the game's traditions.

and
Brecel loses 4-0. Surely retirement can't be far away.

:D

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:tweets by Dave H

Live scoring has, of course, broken down. And people said Barry wouldn't maintain the game's traditions.

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

Latest

Rory McLeod 4-1 Oliver Vandenboheede
Andy Hicks 3-3 Kuldesh Johal
Nigel Bond 3-0 Gavin Buller
Jamie Burnett 1-1 Jamie Clarke
Martin Gould 0-0 Greg Davis
Mike Dunn 1-1 Aditya Mehta

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:So what does this tell us about Murphy then ?

he is rubbish ?

or

one of thoes days ?

every sportman have them what was the point of your question ?

Postby Monique

Bourne wrote:So what does this tell us about Murphy then ?

not much really. It's a very short format in an environment he's not (or no more) used to. Might have been a bit complacent also or not practising much since the WC... could be anything.
But well :ba: well done Mich!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Well, does it tell us he hasn't practiced enough ? He didn't take the tournament seriously ? He cares more about exho matches in China ? :huh2:

mate believe me if players don't take these seriously their career is going down

by losing today he had £0.00 and had to pay £100.00 to enter so it was pointless turning up to lose first match win the first match get £200.00.

win your first match in every event get 4,320 ranking points win every event get 24,000 ranking points.

its serious very serious

Shaun Murphy 3-4 Mitchell Mann
Rory McLeod 4-1 Oliver Vandenboheede
Marco Fu 4-0 Luca Brecel
Andy Hicks 4-3 Kuldesh Johal
Ian McCulloch 1-4 Allan Taylor
Graeme Dott 4-0 Adam Stefanow
Nigel Bond 4-0 Gavin Buller
Jamie Burnett 2-1 Jamie Clarke
Martin Gould 3-0 Greg Davis
Mike Dunn 1-1 Aditya Mehta
Adrian Gunnell 2-0 Sam Craigie
Mark King 1-0 Stephen Ormerod
Joe Jogia 1-0 David Craggs
Patrick Wallace 1-0 Stephen Craigie

Postby Bourne

Yeh I appreciate that but shouldn't a focussed, driven, passionate Murphy be beating these guys 4-0 or 4-1 ? Scraping wins is one thing but losing a match which, if you're saying is absolutely vital is right, he really should be winning then something's not right.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Yeh I appreciate that but shouldn't a focussed, driven, passionate Murphy be beating these guys 4-0 or 4-1 ? Scraping wins is one thing but losing a match which, if you're saying is absolutely vital is right, he really should be winning then something's not right.

these players can play and if you going in to the match thinking ill stroll this you take your eye off the ball and before you know where you are its 3-3 and a few fluke pots later you lost.(im not saying there was fluke pots) but in the decider luck could be a factor.

Postby Wildey

sent a e mail to WS

our only hope of having interaction with the PTC is live scoring now please get that in order this season. because its been useless but with 12 PTC events we need it more than ever before.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC1_news(Mann_Alive)-2335.htm?tid=166
Mann Alive

Former World Champion Shaun Murphy suffered a major shock on the first day of the new Players Tour Championship, losing 4-3 to teenager Mitchell Mann.
The event at the World Snooker Academy in Sheffield pitches amateur players against the sport's top stars, and World No 7 Murphy came off second best in what looked like a David v Goliath clash against 18-year-old Mann, a former Junior pot Black champion who has never played on the professional Tour.

Birmingham's Mann went 2-0 up with a top break of 73 before Murphy, who recently won the Rundili Wuxi Classic in China, got back to 2-2 with 72 and 64. Another 73 put Mann 3-2 ahead, and though Murphy levelled again, Mann edged a tense final frame by clearing from green to black.

"I can't believe I won, I played well and Shaun missed a couple of balls," said delighted Mann. "I enjoyed the match and these PTC events will give me a lot of experience against players like Shaun. All of these new events in snooker are for the best."

Mann has suffered from a bone disease called Perthes for much of his life and undergoes an operation - his sixth - in early August. "It's hip resurfacing and I will be off my feet for six weeks, so I might miss one or two PTC events, but my health has to come first," he said. "Hopefully this will be my last operation until later in life. I actually wanted to be a footballer, but I wasn't able to do that so I took up snooker instead."

Murphy said: "It goes to show snooker's got great depth. Just because a player is not on TV, it doesn't mean he's not a worthy adversary."

Latest

Jamie Burnett 3-2 Jamie Clarke
Mike Dunn 3-1 Aditya Mehta
Adrian Gunnell 2-0 Sam Craigie
Mark King 1-1 Stephen Ormerod
Joe Jogia 2-1 David Craggs
Patrick Wallace 2-0 Stephen Craigie
Justin Astley 1-0 Kamran Ashraf

Postby Wildey

matches stil to come in the last 128

Anthony Hamilton v Jordan Brown
Mark Davis v Robert Redmond
Stuart Bingham v Shaun Parkes
David Gilbert v Nick Jennings
Simon Bedford v Andrew Norman
Tom Ford v Martin O’Donnell
Kurt Maflin v Michal Zielinski
Barry Hawkins v Hugh Abernerthy
Ricky Walden v Andy Lee
Dave Harold v Michael Wild
Michael Holt v Daniel Wells
Fergal O’Brien v Marc Davis
Bjorn Haneveer v Ashik Nathwani
Stephen Maguire v Stuart Carrington

last 64 due to begin at 4pm.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:the first 2 are under way.

but i think it will be a late night.

but isnt it exciting back to back results its like the general election lol