Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship Event 1 Discusion!!!

Postby Roland

Ronnie won. Looks like it was a good game, Ronnie got in first most often and was scoring heavily. Probably the right result going on the story of live scoring (which is still frozen).

Postby Wildey

Last 64

Liu Chuang 3-4 Barry Pinches
Alan McManus 2-4 Anthony McGill
Judd Trump 4-2 Liam Highfield
Paul Davison 3-2 Liu Song
Xiao Guodong 4-2 Matthew Selt
Mark Williams 4-2 Mark Joyce

Last 32

Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-3 Mark Selby
Matthew Stevens 2-1 Igor Figueiredo
Ben Woollaston 2-0 Jamie Jones
Jimmy White 1-0 Jamie Cope
Alfie Burden 0-0 Marcus Campbell
Anthony Mcgill 0-0 Barry Pinches
Mark J Williams 0-0 Xiao Guodong
Judd Trump 0-0 Paul Davison/Liu Song

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Judd Trump hatahs gone quiet I see, pleeeeeasing seenz :ahh:

Dont be a goof <ok>

so far he hasent played nobody past pubaty lol

suerly even he can use some experiance against them

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Dont be a goof <ok>

Where's former World Champ Murphy, is he still in this 'really important comp' ? :chin: NO

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Dont be a goof <ok>

Where's former World Champ Murphy, is he still in this 'really important comp' ? :chin: NO

that shows Mitchellin Man played better than jak jones and Liam Highfield and going on Live Scoring in that match and also what Murphy said indeed he did.

Postby Wildey

Last 64

Liu Chuang 3-4 Barry Pinches
Alan McManus 2-4 Anthony McGill
Judd Trump 4-2 Liam Highfield
Paul Davison 3-2 Liu Song
Xiao Guodong 4-2 Matthew Selt
Mark Williams 4-2 Mark Joyce

Last 32

Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-3 Mark Selby
Matthew Stevens 2-1 Igor Figueiredo
Ben Woollaston 2-0 Jamie Jones
Jimmy White 1-0 Jamie Cope
Alfie Burden 1-0 Marcus Campbell
Anthony Mcgill 0-0 Barry Pinches
Mark J Williams 0-1 Xiao Guodong
Judd Trump 0-0 Paul Davison/Liu Song

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Ronnie won. Looks like it was a good game, Ronnie got in first most often and was scoring heavily. Probably the right result going on the story of live scoring (which is still frozen).

Shame (almost) nobody could watch it, must have been a good game indeed. Ronnie won in a decider from 0-2 down against a man who has beaten him twice in close big matches last season. Of course this isn't the Masters or the WC and it's a short format but I think it is still a very good result ... pleased! :ba: :ba: :ba:
Shame for Mark this match had to take place so "early" in the tournament.

Meanwhile Liu Song and Paul Davison are tied at 3-3 ... and yet another match to play for the winner.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Sonny wrote:Ronnie won. Looks like it was a good game, Ronnie got in first most often and was scoring heavily. Probably the right result going on the story of live scoring (which is still frozen).

Shame (almost) nobody could watch it, must have been a good game indeed. Ronnie won in a decider from 0-2 down against a man who has beaten him twice in close big matches last season. Of course this isn't the Masters or the WC and it's a short format but I think it is still a very good result ... pleased! :ba: :ba: :ba:
Shame for Mark this match had to take place so "early" in the tournament.

Meanwhile Liu Song and Paul Davison are tied at 3-3 ... and yet another match to play for the winner.

suerly they started that match by now i just think janie Fallen Asleep lol

they will have to take a look at this format Trump playing the Winner of Davison/Song Tonight thats ok Mags did it yesterday BUT players playing tonight this minute is back on the tables at 10am tomorrow morning or this morning.

as a fan i dont mind late nighters but it is tough mentally for players....id extend it to 4 days like you said.

Postby Wildey

Last 64

Paul Davison 4-3 Liu Song

Last 32

Matthew Stevens 4-2 Igor Figueiredo
Ben Woollaston 3-4 Jamie Jones

Jimmy White 1-4 Jamie Cope
Alfie Burden 2-4 Marcus Campbell
Mark Williams 4-2 Xiao Guodong
Anthony McGill 1-3Barry Pinches
Judd Trump 2-1 Paul Davison

Postby Monique

Anthony McGill 2-4 Barry Pinches
Judd Trump 4-2 Paul Davison

so Last 16

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Matthew Stevens
Jamie Jones v Jamie Cope
Marcus Campbell v Judd Trump
Mark Williams v Barry Pinches
Stephen Lee v Marco Fu
Nigel Bond v Joe Jogia
Mark Davis v Tom Ford
Barry Hawkins v Stephen Maguire

some reflections:

- just one amateur left at this stage: Jamie Jones
- I was expecting this format to favour the young - long days, several short matches, stamina etc - and we have 8 players out of 16 born 1975 or ealier (35 or more this year) and only 2 born before 1985 (less than 25) :chin:
- despite the short format 3 out of 4 players in current top 8 who entered are still there; the exception being Murphy who got out in round 1.

Postby Wildey

Monique

Jamie Jones is a Professional he qualified for the Tour through the PIOS in 8th place..... the best placed Amateurs this week was Allan Taylor and Daniel Wells who reached the last 32.

lets be honest nobody is actually old lol and snooker is a game where there is nothing to substitute Experience.

The Draw Looks like this

Jamie Jones v Jamie Cope
Marcus Campbell v Barry Pinches
Mark Williams v Judd Trump
Stephen Lee v Marco Fu
Nigel Bond v Joe Jogia
Mark Davis v Tom Ford

you had Judd and Pinches in the wrong place.

Postby Monique

Well sorry for that but I simply did a cut and paste from GSC... so I see that's corrected now.
Also Jamie Jones is still referred as an amateur in his GSC profile.
Not blaming Janie though, she's constantly under snow and she does a fantastic job.

and Wild, when you get older your attention span diminishes, your stamina also, your eyesight might still be sharp but focus time lenghtens which can be a problem with transfer and messes up with a player's natural rythm, you also usually need more light and eyes get sore quicker. Nobody beats time ... Eyesight changes usually in the late thirties, early forthies. Attention span start to go down from 25 yo on, slowly at first then quicker.
All this explain why players who are only "potting fans" usually don't last if they ever succeed.
Last edited by Monique on 27 Jun 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:Anthony McGill 2-4 Barry Pinches

so Last 16

Jamie Jones v Jamie Cope
Stephen Lee v Marco Fu
Nigel Bond v Joe Jogia
Mark Davis v Tom Ford

some reflections:

- I was expecting this format to favour the young - long days, several short matches, stamina etc - and we have 8 players out of 16 born 1975 or ealier (35 or more this year) and only 2 born before 1985 (less than 25) :chin:
- despite the short format 3 out of 4 players in current top 8 who entered are still there; the exception being Murphy who got out in round 1.

Some decent matches there. Unfortunately it's so short. Lee vs Fu and Ronnie vs Stevens could be epic over a longer format... Though I feel young Matthew would just fold. I wouldn't mind a bit of Williams vs Pinches action either.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Well sorry for that but I simply did a cut and paste from GSC... so I see that's corrected now.
Also Jamie Jones is still referred as an amateur in his GSC profile.
Not blaming Janie though, she's constantly under snow and she does a fantastic job.

and Wild, when you get older your attention span diminishes, your stamina also, your eyesight might still be sharp but focus time lenghtens which can be a problem with transfer and messes up with a player's natural rythm, you also usually need more light and eyes get sore quicker. Nobody beats time ... Eyesight changes usually in the late thirties, early forthies. Attention span start to go down from 25 yo on, slowly at first then quicker.
All this explain why players who are only "potting fans" usually don't last if they ever succeed.

Regarding Amateurs and pros its complicated because Wells was pro last season hes now a amateur

and when they mixed up like in the PTC the boundaries are blurred lol

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:Anthony McGill 2-4 Barry Pinches

so Last 16

Jamie Jones v Jamie Cope
Stephen Lee v Marco Fu
Nigel Bond v Joe Jogia
Mark Davis v Tom Ford

some reflections:

Some decent matches there. Unfortunately it's so short. Lee vs Fu and Ronnie vs Stevens could be epic over a longer format... Though I feel young Matthew would just fold. I wouldn't mind a bit of Williams vs Pinches action either.

over a long distance the way they play at the mo Ronnie v Stevens would be a short rout anyway i think theres more chance of that being a epic over 7 Frames than a longer match.

Postby Wildey

Prediction Contest

Wild
Rocket Ron
Mark147
Paperbackwriter
Cheesyman

has got 3 of theire Picks in the Last 16 and Case Lagging behind with only 1.

Postby Wildey

Last 16

Ronnie O'Sullivan 0-1 Matthew Stevens
Jamie Jones 0-1 Jamie Cope
Marcus Campbell 0-0 Barry Pinches
Mark Williams 1-0 Judd Trump
Stephen Lee 0-0 Marco Fu
Nigel Bond 0-0 Joe Jogia
Mark Davis 0-0 Tom Ford
Barry Hawkins 0-0 Stephen Maguire

Today comes the Test of Talent over Bottle playing Mark Williams For Judd Trump ....i put down a qualifying performance in beating Williams in 2008/2009 as Trumps best ever Professional Performance the Breakbuilding was first Class but then at the venue he lost 5-1 to Mark Allen

Postby Wildey

Last 16

Ronnie O'Sullivan 2-1 Matthew Stevens
Jamie Jones 0-2 Jamie Cope
Marcus Campbell 0-2 Barry Pinches
Mark Williams 4-0 Judd Trump
Stephen Lee 1-0 Marco Fu
Nigel Bond 1-0 Joe Jogia
Mark Davis 0-1 Tom Ford
Barry Hawkins 0-2 Stephen Maguire

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Ronnie v Williams final? :chin:

no they are seeded for semi final

Mark Williams in 45 Minutes Wraped up a impressive Live Scoring performance against Trump to book his place in the Q/F where he will meet either Pinches or Campbell

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Shame, looks likely they will meet, Mark continues his good form and reaches the QF's <ok>

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Shame, looks likely they will meet, Mark continues his good form and reaches the QF's <ok>

Yes Lost only 4 frames in 4 matches and going through them very nicely very fluant you know if marks on a table the match will finish in quick time.

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Yes Lost only 4 frames in 4 matches and going through them very nicely very fluant you know if marks on a table the match will finish in quick time.

Indeed, thinking back its such a shame he met Ronnie so early at the Worlds. he never got a chance to settle proper into the tournament.

As for the PTC, anybody that has reached the last 16 have set themselves up well for the next tournament with seedings. Robbo, Allen and Murphy could have it tough on their return.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:no they are seeded for semi final

Indeed, thinking back its such a shame he met Ronnie so early at the Worlds. he never got a chance to settle proper into the tournament.

As for the PTC, anybody that has reached the last 16 have set themselves up well for the next tournament with seedings. Robbo, Allen and Murphy could have it tough on their return.

Dont Forget Closing Date for the second PTC is tomorrow so by Wednesday we will find out if Allen and Robbo trying for that we Know Hendry not and Witz said Davis missing the first 2 ?

Last 16

Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-1 Matthew Stevens
Jamie Jones 2-3 Jamie Cope
Marcus Campbell 0-3 Barry Pinches
Stephen Lee 2-1 Marco Fu
Nigel Bond 1-1 Joe Jogia
Mark Davis 3-1 Tom Ford
Barry Hawkins 1-2 Stephen Maguire

Jamie Cope is one Frame away from a Rocket.

Postby Wildey

Last 16

Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-1 Matthew Stevens
Jamie Jones 2-4 Jamie Cope

Marcus Campbell 1-3 Barry Pinches
Stephen Lee 2-1 Marco Fu
Nigel Bond 1-2 Joe Jogia
Mark Davis 3-2 Tom Ford
Barry Hawkins 1-3 Stephen Maguire

ive got 2 picks Williams and Cope through to the Quarters and Mags is 1 frame away from joining them <ok>