Topic locked

Re: Rocket Set For PTC Lift-Off

Postby N_Castle07

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wrote:I was reading the downloadable entry form and you can apply to enter the first 4 events now. Obviously the closing dates for the others has not expired but World snooker will know the names of some who have already entered all the events.

if this tournament anything to go by the closing date for PTC2 is 28th of june 12 days before it starts on 9th of july.

And still no news on John Higgins :-( :-( :-(

Postby Monique

Closing date for PTC2 is indeed June 28, it's on WPBSA site. I can try and ask Luca if he is playing in the PTC ... if he reads his PMs that is. Seems like he is to his eyeballs in the World Cup right now ;)

Postby Wildey

PTC3 Closing date is 12th of July 25 Days before the event

PTC4 Closing Date is 19th of July 26 Days before the event

Postby Monique

148 players ... 72 pros, 76 amateurs. Says something about the hunger for a game that is alledgedly dying ... :D

Postby Monique

http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC1_news%2 ... tm?tid=166

Players Tour Championship One - Full Line-Up

Players Tour Championship One - Full Line-Up

The full line up for the first event in the Players Tour Championship is below. Please note that the draw for the last 128 will be made on Monday, June 21.

The pre-qualifying event for amateurs will be at the World Snooker Academy in Sheffield on Thursday, June 24, with the remainder of the event to run from June 25 to 27.

96 players through to the last 128:

73 professionals:

1. Zhang Anda
2. Justin Astley
3. Simon Bedford
4. Stuart Bingham
5. Nigel Bond
6. David Gilbert
7. Alfie Burden
8. Jamie Burnett
9. Marcus Campbell
10. Liu Chuang
11. Jamie Cope
12. Matthew Couch
13. Dominic Dale
14. Mark Davis
15. Paul Davison
16. Ryan Day
17. Graeme Dott
18. Tony Drago
19. Mike Dunn
20. Peter Ebdon
21. Patrick Einsle
22. Tom Ford
23. Marco Fu
24. Martin Gould
25. Gerard Greene
26. Adrian Gunnell
27. Xiao Guodong
28. Anthony Hamilton
29. Bjorn Haneveer
30. Dave Harold
31. Barry Hawkins
32. Andy Hicks
33. Andrew Higginson
34. Liam Highfield
35. Michael Holt
36. Joe Jogia
37. Jak Jones
38. Jamie Jones
39. Mark Joyce
40. Mark King
41. Stephen Lee
42. Peter Lines
43. Jack Lisowski
44. Kurt Maflin
45. Stephen Maguire
46. James McBain
47. Ian McCulloch
48. Anthony McGill
49. Rory McLeod
50. Alan McManus
51. Jimmy Michie
52. Robert Milkins
53. Shaun Murphy
54. Fergal O’Brien
55. Jamie O’Neill
56. Ronnie O’Sullivan
57. Andrew Pagett
58. Barry Pinches
59. Jimmy Robertson
60. Mark Selby
61. Matthew Selt
62. Matthew Stevens
63. Joe Swail
64. Judd Trump
65. Ricky Walden
66. Patrick Wallace
67. Jimmy White
68. Adam Wicheard
69. Mark Williams
70. Kyren Wilson
71. Ben Woollaston
72. Kuldesh Johal
73. Igor Figueiredo

23 amateur players drawn at random to make up to 96:

1. Chris Norbury
2. Marc Harman
3. Zak Surety
4. Sam Baird
5. Ian Burns
6. Mitchell Mann
7. David Grace
8. David Bailey
9. Ben Harrison
10. Liu Song
11. Ian Glover
12. Gavin Buller
13. Sam Thistlewaite
14. Lee Farebrother
15. Paul Metcalf
16. Jamie Clarke
17. Luca Brecel
18. Shokat Ali
19. Gareth Greene
20. Lee Spick
21. Adam Stefanow
22. Danny Douane
23. Adam Duffy

Amateur pre-qualifiers

Matches Played Thursday 24th June
Matches 1 – 8 at 3.00pm
Matches 9 – 16 not before 5.00pm
Matches 17 -22 not before 7.00pm

1. Greg Davis v David Gray
2. Craig Steadman v Aditya Mehta
3. Mitchell Travis v Sam Craigie
4. Chen Zhi v Stephen Ormerod
5. David Craggs v Jamie Walker
6. Charlie Walters v Stephen Craigie
7. Komran Ashraf v Richard Somauroo
8. Mark Miller v Sharrukh Nasir
9. Jake Nicholson v Jordan Brown
10. Robert Redmond v Jack Culligan
11. Sam Harvey v Shaun Parkes
12. Nick Jennings v Stephen Groves
13. Damien Wilkes v Andrew Norman
14. Martin O’Donnell v Jeff Cundy
15. Alex Davies v Michal Zielinski
16. Ryan Clarke v Hugh Abernethy
17. Oliver Brown v Andy Lee
18. Michael Wild v James Silverwood
19. Jordan Rimmer v Daniel Wells
20. Marc Davis v Ejler Hame
21. James Cahill v Ashik Nathwani
22. James Brown v Stuart Carrington

The following ten amateurs, drawn at random, have been given a bye into the last 128:

1. James Hill
2. Craig Barber
3. Oliver Vandenbohede
4. Michael Wasley
5. James McGouran
6. Marcin Nitchke
7. Nisar Safuddin
8. Robbie Williams
9. Krzysztof Wrobel
10. Allan Taylor

No Hendry obviously but Ebdon is playing. And Luca is there.

Postby Roland

No Ding or Liang so they must be in China for the summer. The only other top 16 players not there that I can see are Hendry, Robbo and Allen. And obviously Higgins

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Can anyone let me know the closing date of the one being held in Ireland, please?

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Can anyone let me know the closing date of the one being held in Ireland, please?

john dont worry mate ive posted the ones in sheffield of whitch i know about as soon as i know believe you me ill tell you.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:No Ding or Liang so they must be in China for the summer. The only other top 16 players not there that I can see are Hendry, Robbo and Allen. And obviously Higgins

the player that surprises me more than anyone is the absence of Allen.

Postby Roland

Me too but I'm sure he's got his reasons. The time to judge is towards the end of the season.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Me too but I'm sure he's got his reasons. The time to judge is towards the end of the season.

i cant see any player not playing the second apart from Higgins maybe.....

Postby Witz78

So Luca is listed as an amateur so hes definetly not getting a wildcard onto the tour then?

Do we have the full 96 pros for this season confirmed as yet? Prosnookerblog has a fairly complete list bar a few outstanding nominations. And obviously Reanne, Figuerido and Einsle as the 3 wildcards to date, all of whom im delighted to see on the tour.

Perhaps if the Oceanic nomination doesnt take up his tour place then Brecel might sneak into the 96 ?

Though with the far greater opportunities for players now, id hope the Oceanic nomination gives season 2010/11 a try.

With Brecel id expect him to easily be among the top 8 in the PTC rankings who are not already among the top 64 players on the main tour thus earning a place on next seasons tour by right.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:So Luca is listed as an amateur so hes definetly not getting a wildcard onto the tour then?

Do we have the full 96 pros for this season confirmed as yet? Prosnookerblog has a fairly complete list bar a few outstanding nominations. And obviously Reanne, Figuerido and Einsle as the 3 wildcards to date, all of whom im delighted to see on the tour.

Perhaps if the Oceanic nomination doesnt take up his tour place then Brecel might sneak into the 96 ?

Though with the far greater opportunities for players now, id hope the Oceanic nomination gives season 2010/11 a try.

With Brecel id expect him to easily be among the top 8 in the PTC rankings who are not already among the top 64 players on the main tour thus earning a place on next seasons tour by right.

witz mate you getting carried away with the hype....

playing ametaur players is one thing here he could face top pros from round one and end up totally out of it...

ever journeymen will be harder than players he faced as a junior or in tournaments hes played so far.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:So Luca is listed as an amateur so hes definetly not getting a wildcard onto the tour then?

witz mate you getting carried away with the hype....

playing ametaur players is one thing here he could face top pros from round one and end up totally out of it...

ever journeymen will be harder than players he faced as a junior or in tournaments hes played so far.

Hes already beat Hendry, Dott, Doherty, Jimmy, Haneveer and a few other pros so dont think he will be scared. Bookmark this prediction from me, im totally convinced the PTC will be the making of him and serve as a great apprenticeship before he makes the step up to pro status next season.

Postby Wildey

He has played them in glorified exhibition where the pros played for fun more than anything dont take nothing from them im not lol

BTW anyone notice one name missing Steve Davis lol

Postby Monique

He beat Hanneveeer in the final of the Belgian National Championship, Wild and I was there and it's not as if Bjorn didn't care.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:He beat Hanneveeer in the final of the Belgian National Championship, Wild and I was there and it's not as if Bjorn didn't care.

monique Bjorn with respect is way down the Profesional Pecking Order and it wasnt as if he eniolated him it was 7-4

Great Prospect but it will not be as easy for him as he has experianced so far make no mistake about that it starts from scratch from here im not going to get carried away as i was with Trump then getting a tone of bricks on top of my head.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Monique wrote:He beat Hanneveeer in the final of the Belgian National Championship, Wild and I was there and it's not as if Bjorn didn't care.

monique Bjorn with respect is way down the Profesional Pecking Order and it wasnt as if he eniolated him it was 7-4

Great Prospect but it will not be as easy for him as he has experianced so far make no mistake about that it starts from scratch from here im not going to get carried away as i was with Trump then getting a tone of bricks on top of my head.

sorry wild but thats the best ever <ok>

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Wild, I don't expect Luca to have it easy at all and I'm glad he has to wait another year to become a pro. It's not just about knowing the shots, it's also about maturity and mental toughness and he's only a kid. Bjorn is not on the top of the rankings but he's experienced and he's the typical player the youngsters coming on the MT have to face as the first or second opponent. Luca beat him and that shows he has the game to compete at the MT level. Wether he has the maturity is another question.

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

uhhhhhhhh ??

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:He has played them in glorified exhibition where the pros played for fun more than anything dont take nothing from them im not lol

Regardless of how commited these more illustrious opponents were, i dont imagine any of them really wanted to lose to a 14/15 year old kid, no matter how highly thought of he is. Especially when there playing abroad to their foreign fans who have turned up to see them and expect to see them put on a show.

Brecel beat them all fair and square and the confidence and belief hell have gained from them is important.

As for Davis missing PTC1 he did state in a recent interview that he would be unable to attend due to prior engagements, certainly the first one and possibly the second, but as soon as the season started properly, he would be attending them all so expect to see him at most events. Also Steve said he will be adopting a far more serious attitude this season with regards to practice etc, taking all events seriously like he did with the UK and Worlds last season.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

uhhhhhhhh ??

eniolated just having a laugh to lighten up the thread

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:He has played them in glorified exhibition where the pros played for fun more than anything dont take nothing from them im not lol

Regardless of how commited these more illustrious opponents were, i dont imagine any of them really wanted to lose to a 14/15 year old kid, no matter how highly thought of he is. Especially when there playing abroad to their foreign fans who have turned up to see them and expect to see them put on a show.

Brecel beat them all fair and square and the confidence and belief hell have gained from them is important.

As for Davis missing PTC1 he did state in a recent interview that he would be unable to attend due to prior engagements, certainly the first one and possibly the second, but as soon as the season started properly, he would be attending them all so expect to see him at most events. Also Steve said he will be adopting a far more serious attitude this season with regards to practice etc, taking all events seriously like he did with the UK and Worlds last season.

i can not believe anyone puts importance on exhibition matches Hendry sais he lost a frame to a 9 year old Chinese player what are we going to do now hail a 13 year old World Champion ?

Brecel will find it tough far tougher than those nothing matches where emphasis was on trying to pot when Ranking Points at stake the emphasis is on winning and keeping young players ground down to the dirt.

i believe in him but im not going to say he will breeze players aside in climbing the rankings he will be found wanting hopefully he learns quicker than Trump has.

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:Brecel is too young and inexperienced to be put on a pedalstool.

wild is right on this, witz get back in your box

Absalutly 100% spot on.

let the kid learn let him mature naturally without Hyping him up to something and put unwanted pressure on him.

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:Brecel is too young and inexperienced to be put on a pedalstool.

He has all the attributes to make an instant impact. The hype is well justified with Brecel. 2 successive years he has earned his place on the main tour but been unable to take his place due to his age. I feel he will be fired up with a point to prove in the PTC ahead of his imminent arrival on the main tour next year.

And unlike previous seasons where the odds were against youngsters career progression, with the new rankings system and far greater playing opportuntites, i expect Brecel and many other promising kids to rise up the rankings far quicker and a good few of the journeymen to slide into obscurity quickly after having hung around the 40-60 bracket for a decade or so.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Absalutly 100% spot on.

let the kid learn let him mature naturally without Hyping him up to something and put unwanted pressure on him.

yes i think everyone has done the same with Judd Trump and he hasn't fruited yet

Postby Wildey

Hyping a player up puts pressure on him nobody and i mean nobody justifies a hype until they Start a pro career and start Winning.

Ronnie was nowhere near hyped up as much as Trump and now Brecel in those days players wasn't expected to mature young but Ronnie,Higgins did now every player there after is being hyped up to ridiculous level and its stifling their progress at the rate their talent warrants.