Topic locked

Re: Rocket Set For PTC Lift-Off

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:Hyping a player up puts pressure on him nobody and i mean nobody justifies a hype until they Start a pro career and start Winning.

Ronnie was nowhere near hyped up as much as Trump and now Brecel in those days players wasn't expected to mature young but Ronnie,Higgins did now every player there after is being hyped up to ridiculous level and its stifling their progress at the rate their talent warrants.

i vote the above comment the best i've ever red on here.

yes everyone is looking out for a new hendry higgins o'sullivan and they are overhyping every single young gun.

just have some patience and wait, one will come along one day

Postby Wildey

Mathew Stevens was Hyped up more than Paul Hunter at a young age 2 players of the same generation.

Paul in his short life won more than Mathew because he could come through in Mathews shadow as a youngster.

Postby Witz78

Lisowski and White are another 2 players i tip for big things this season.

If the players are good enough then the hype shouldnt be a problem.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Lisowski and White are another 2 players i tip for big things this season.

If the players are good enough then the hype shouldnt be a problem.

well it is a massive problem.

these young players being brought up to believe they are a snooker god drummed in to them by parents and supporters alike then Reality hits them like a Juggernaut.

Postby Roland

Witz is right, if they are good enough they will handle the hype.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Witz is right, if they are good enough they will handle the hype.

Trump is rubbish then <doh>

yes they can handle it to some extent because they are talented enough but come on 1 ranking semi as a 20 year old is not good enough from him by a long way now i just hope people like you wont cockerel up Brecel career just as you hindered the early stage of Trumps pro life :john: ;) <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:Witz is right, if they are good enough they will handle the hype.

Trump is poo then <doh>

yes they can handle it to some extent because they are talented enough but come on 1 ranking semi as a 20 year old is not good enough from him by a long way now i just hope people like you wont willy up Brecel career just as you hindered the early stage of Trumps pro life :john: ;) <laugh>

im on wilds side on this

Postby Witz78

i just saw the offical list of players for the PTC1 event and to my surprise Xiao Guodong is listed as one of the pros?

He failed to survive on the tour at the end of last season though so did i miss him getting a wildcard or entry onto tour by some other means? Hes a great player though so hopefully hes got back on cos i reckon he can also kick on under the new ranking system and reach the top end of the game.

Postby Wildey

ive just googled Xiao Guodong and i can find nothing to suggest hes been given a wild card it could have been a mistake on site because he was a pro last season.

originally it said that there was 72 pros on that list theres 73 so xiao could have found himself on the wrong list lol

Postby Monique

I saw that too about Xiao and I was surprised as well.

As for "if they are good enough they will handle the hype" that's tosh, sorry guys. They might be good enough technically, when they are only 15, they are mere kids and they should be given time to mature without being put under unfair pressure or being spoilt (like Matthew Stevens IMO) by being told all the time they are the next big thing and given too much money before they really earn it.

Postby Casey

Matthew Stevens did prove he had the talent, lovely guy too. He has a big fanbase, its just a shame he never won more.

As for Trump I will say it again, he has won more at 20 than most pros win in a whole career. Ali Carter never won his first pro title until he was 27. A lack of tournaments has hindered Trump’s development, however Hearn has sorted that out now and I expect big things from Trump this season. It’s a big ask to get into the top 16 but he could get close, with a title along the way. <ok>

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Matthew Stevens did prove he had the talent, lovely guy too. He has a big fanbase, its just a shame he never won more.

As for Trump I will say it again, he has won more at 20 than most pros win in a whole career. Ali Carter never won his first pro title until he was 27. A lack of tournaments has hindered Trump’s development, however Hearn has sorted that out now and I expect big things from Trump this season. It’s a big ask to get into the top 16 but he could get close, with a title along the way. <ok>

my point was he was hyped up to be up there with Ronnie and co and it never happened for him.

case regarding trump ill say it again thats bolloxxxxx hes won rubbish all of worth not even a proper invitational at least Even Wenbo done that.

hes won 2 shitty qualifiers thats about it.

holy cow wake up and smell the roses for christ sakes at 20 hes been bucking useless.

Postby Roland

Austrian Open last month beating current World Champion in the final. Championship League winner last year beating all the top names.
Still only 20 years old with his best years ahead of him, wild you're incredibly unfair to Trump. It's quite obvious why he won so many events as a junior, he is ridiculously talented and he will shine.

Postby Casey

I think its about time you laid off him Wild, stop using Ronnie as the yardstick to beat him with. He at a very young age reached the top 32 of his sport, he has beaten a lot of the top pros in competition.
He has won two professional titles, that’s 2 tournaments more than 90% of pros will win in a career. He is still only 20, if by the time he is 23/24 and he has not progressed further then it would be time to worry.

Mark Williams was hyped up but progressed slower at the beginning than Ronnie and Higgins, did you bash him?, He was 20 (same age Trump is now when he won his first ranking event) Williams also failed to qualify for the crucible in his 4th season (like Trump).

So that just puts your Trump bashing into a bit of perspective.

Postby Roland

Trump and Brecel will meet at the Crucible within the next 5 years

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:I think its about time you laid off him Wild, stop using Ronnie as the yardstick to beat him with. He at a very young age reached the top 32 of his sport, he has beaten a lot of the top pros in competition.
He has won two professional titles, that’s 2 tournaments more than 90% of pros will win in a career. He is still only 20, if by the time he is 23/24 and he has not progressed further then it would be time to worry.

Mark Williams was hyped up but progressed slower at the beginning than Ronnie and Higgins, did you bash him?, He was 20 (same age Trump is now when he won his first ranking event) Williams also failed to qualify for the crucible in his 4th season (like Trump).

So that just puts your Trump bashing into a bit of perspective.

im not beating him with nothing im beating up idiots ;) that think his carrer to date is acceptable....

its about time people like us bashes up his over flated ego and people around him starts kicking his bottom then and only then he might do something.

he is a glorified journeyman at the moment the tournaments hes won are the tournaments Stuart Bingham being Winning for 10+ years.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Austrian Open last month beating current World Champion in the final. Championship League winner last year beating all the top names.
Still only 20 years old with his best years ahead of him, wild you're incredibly unfair to Trump. It's quite obvious why he won so many events as a junior, he is ridiculously talented and he will shine.

Also won the Masters qualifying tournament which is not easy

Postby Wildey

Ronnie or Mark Williams was not hyped up to the extream Trump and now brecel is....its very dangerous if they start believing their own hype become arrogant and not listening to people that try to help them because they know the lot.

Postby Roland

Only if they've got the wrong make up wild. And that's why it's true that if the person really does have it in them, the hype won't damage them. If the hype damages them, then they don't have the character to succeed anyway.

Mind you there's hype and there's hype. Nothing compares to what Ding is going through.

Postby Casey

There is more media output now and it makes it more available to focus on juniors than back in the late 80's when Williams and Co were juniors.

My point is still very valid, he could easily burst onto the main stage at anytime and become a major player. The extra tournaments will certainly help, I am convinced he will win one of the PTC events then it will be egg on the face time for those who have criticized his progress

Postby Roland

Trump will definitely win one of the PTC events. I'd put money on it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Only if they've got the wrong make up wild. And that's why it's true that if the person really does have it in them, the hype won't damage them. If the hype damages them, then they don't have the character to succeed anyway.

fair point thats why i know that is a problem of trump ive never seen a pro player sitting in his seat like a spoilt child more than Trump and thats the Gods honest truth he does have that in his make up.

so far in his career that has hold him back.

regarding Brecel i dont know about him yet lets hope he is more grounded.

Postby Wildey

Full List of 96 Main Tour Professionals Courtesy of Janie Watkin on TSF

John Higgins
Neil Robertson
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Allister Carter
Ding Junhui
Stephen Maguire
Shaun Murphy
Mark Williams
Mark Selby
Mark Allen
Stephen Hendry
Ryan Day
Graeme Dott
Marco Fu
Mark King
Liang Wenbo
Jamie Cope
Peter Ebdon
Joe Perry
Ricky Walden
Barry Hawkins
Steve Davis
Stephen Lee
Michael Holt
Matthew Stevens
Mark Davis
Judd Trump
Gerard Greene
Stuart Bingham
Ken Doherty
Dave Harold
Andrew Higginson
Mike Dunn
Rory McLeod
Stuart Pettman
Robert Milkins
Jamie Burnett
Nigel Bond
Joe Swail
Marcus Campbell
Tom Ford
Anthony Hamilton
Martin Gould
Adrian Gunnell
Dominic Dale
Alan McManus
Fergal O’Brien
Ian McCulloch
Rod Lawler
Peter Lines
Matthew Selt
Michael Judge
Andy Hicks
Tony Drago
Dave Gilbert
Jimmy Michie
Barry Pinches
Mark Joyce
David Morris
Jimmy White
Joe Delaney
Bjorn Haneveer
Jimmy Robertson
Paul Davies
James Wattana
Patrick Wallace
Anda Zhang
Simon Bedford
Joe Jogia
Michael White
Matthew Couch
Ben Woollaston
Jack Lisowski
Liam Highfield
Paul Davison
Anthony McGill
Kyren Wilson
Jamie O'Neill
Justin Astley
Jamie Jones
Alfie Burden
Igor Figueiredo
Jak Jones
Issara Kachaiwong
Liu Chuang
Noppon Saengkham
Reanne Evans
Kurt Maflin
Adam Wicheard
Andrew Pagett
Xiao Guodong
James McBain
Thanawat Tirapaipongboon
Kuldesh Johal
Dermot McGlinchey
Patrick Einsle

Xiao Guodong is indeed included on that list

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Thanawat Tirapaipongboon

:redneck:

do a compatition

help a comantator comp of finding a short name they could use and send it to Clive lol

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:Thanawat Tirapaipongboon

:redneck:

do a compatition

help a comantator comp of finding a short name they could use and send it to Clive lol

where's bourne <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Good to see Guodong get a wildcard onto the tour after the Oceana nomination failed to take up his place ( i thought the inspiration of Robbo plus the new increased opportunities might have been encouragement...?)

I guess it was the toss of a coin between Guodong and Pengfei after his recent exploits to get the last spot on the tour. The need to have another Chinese player on tour, after a wave of them dropped off at the end of last season was also important.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I wasn't laughing at the length, just the sound

well knowing some commentators they will start calling him hammer lol

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Full List of 96 Main Tour Professionals Courtesy of Janie Watkin on TSF

John Higgins
Neil Robertson
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Allister Carter
Ding Junhui
Stephen Maguire
Shaun Murphy
Mark Williams
Mark Selby
Mark Allen
Stephen Hendry
Ryan Day
Graeme Dott
Marco Fu
Mark King
Liang Wenbo
Jamie Cope
Peter Ebdon
Joe Perry
Ricky Walden
Barry Hawkins
Steve Davis
Stephen Lee
Michael Holt
Matthew Stevens
Mark Davis
Judd Trump
Gerard Greene
Stuart Bingham
Ken Doherty
Dave Harold
Andrew Higginson
Mike Dunn
Rory McLeod
Stuart Pettman
Robert Milkins
Jamie Burnett
Nigel Bond
Joe Swail
Marcus Campbell
Tom Ford
Anthony Hamilton
Martin Gould
Adrian Gunnell
Dominic Dale
Alan McManus
Fergal O’Brien
Ian McCulloch
Rod Lawler
Peter Lines
Matthew Selt
Michael Judge
Andy Hicks
Tony Drago
Dave Gilbert
Jimmy Michie
Barry Pinches
Mark Joyce
David Morris
Jimmy White
Joe Delaney
Bjorn Haneveer
Jimmy Robertson
Paul Davies
James Wattana
Patrick Wallace
Anda Zhang
Simon Bedford
Joe Jogia
Michael White
Matthew Couch
Ben Woollaston
Jack Lisowski
Liam Highfield
Paul Davison
Anthony McGill
Kyren Wilson
Jamie O'Neill
Justin Astley
Jamie Jones
Alfie Burden
Igor Figueiredo
Jak Jones
Issara Kachaiwong
Liu Chuang
Noppon Saengkham
Reanne Evans
Kurt Maflin
Adam Wicheard
Andrew Pagett
Xiao Guodong
James McBain
Thanawat Tirapaipongboon
Kuldesh Johal
Dermot McGlinchey
Patrick Einsle

Xiao Guodong is indeed included on that list

anyone bored enough to do a breakdown of the number of players from each different country? :bowdown: