Topic locked

Re: Rocket Set For PTC Lift-Off

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Full List of 96 Main Tour Professionals Courtesy of Janie Watkin on TSF

John Higgins
Neil Robertson
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Allister Carter
Ding Junhui
Stephen Maguire
Shaun Murphy
Mark Williams
Mark Selby
Mark Allen
Stephen Hendry
Ryan Day
Graeme Dott
Marco Fu
Mark King
Liang Wenbo
Jamie Cope
Peter Ebdon
Joe Perry
Ricky Walden
Barry Hawkins
Steve Davis
Stephen Lee
Michael Holt
Matthew Stevens
Mark Davis
Judd Trump
Gerard Greene
Stuart Bingham
Ken Doherty
Dave Harold
Andrew Higginson
Mike Dunn
Rory McLeod
Stuart Pettman
Robert Milkins
Jamie Burnett
Nigel Bond
Joe Swail
Marcus Campbell
Tom Ford
Anthony Hamilton
Martin Gould
Adrian Gunnell
Dominic Dale
Alan McManus
Fergal O’Brien
Ian McCulloch
Rod Lawler
Peter Lines
Matthew Selt
Michael Judge
Andy Hicks
Tony Drago
Dave Gilbert
Jimmy Michie
Barry Pinches
Mark Joyce
David Morris
Jimmy White
Joe Delaney
Bjorn Haneveer
Jimmy Robertson
Paul Davies
James Wattana
Patrick Wallace
Anda Zhang
Simon Bedford
Joe Jogia
Michael White
Matthew Couch
Ben Woollaston
Jack Lisowski
Liam Highfield
Paul Davison
Anthony McGill
Kyren Wilson
Jamie O'Neill
Justin Astley
Jamie Jones
Alfie Burden
Igor Figueiredo
Jak Jones
Issara Kachaiwong
Liu Chuang
Noppon Saengkham
Reanne Evans
Kurt Maflin
Adam Wicheard
Andrew Pagett
Xiao Guodong
James McBain
Thanawat Tirapaipongboon
Kuldesh Johal
Dermot McGlinchey
Patrick Einsle

Xiao Guodong is indeed included on that list

anyone bored enough to do a breakdown of the number of players from each different country? :bowdown:

maybee later on im already bored to tears of the world cup.

btw anyone know if live scoring will be carrieng the PTC ?

Postby Roland

I assume it will be and it'll probably take us a while to get the gist of how to embed it in the live scoring bar at the bottom of screen

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I assume it will be and it'll probably take us a while to get the gist of how to embed it in the live scoring bar at the bottom of screen

yup 8 tables will be hard on one screen it would be brilliant if you could somehow but understandable if you cant <ok>

Postby Monique

@Wild... Trump hasn't lived up to the expectations people had put on him but he has still done better than most pros at the same age. He's done far better than Mark Selby at the same age for instance. The fact that he hasn't lived up to expectations does not prove he's poo, it just proves a good few people were foolish enough to imagine that success on the junior circuit would automatically result in success in pro life while it's entirely different, the type of opposition is different, the pressure is different. Same could be said about Michael White. Both were victims of the hype and the resulting unfair pressure put on them.
@Case ... when Stevens came on the MT hhe was immediately treated like a star by his management, big car and all. Of course he was expected to perform accordingly. I don't challenge his talent but I do challenge his temperament: he's lost more important matches being confortably ahead that anyone else. Since 1990 there were only 3 occurences in the Crucible final where the guy in front after 2 sessions lost: 2 of the three were featuring Stevens. Each time he lost after entering the last session with a 4 frames lead... It is my opinion - and I stress the word opinion - that being treated like a star, and the expectations going with it, before having actually proved anything did Stevens no good. I know people always come up with his father death... well yes, but that is now almost 10 years ago and he has won the UK some 2 years later and the NIT in 2005. So I find it hard to believe that this is what affects his carreer now. If you know anything about him then surely you must know that factors related to his lifestyle are certainly more to blame than anything else.

Postby Wildey

not really monique he has the grand total of 1 last 16 match in 34 Ranking tournaments in 5 seasons as a pro and even when he reached that last 16 he didn't have to play a last 32 match..

sorry but in anyones book that is nowhere near good enough.

Postby Monique

that's not true Wild, he qualified for the Crucible before he was 18, he reached the semis in GP in 2008, he reached the quarters in Welsh in 2007, he won the Masters qualifs, he won the PL qualifs.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:that's not true Wild, he qualified for the Crucible before he was 18, he reached the semis in GP in 2008, he reached the quarters in Welsh in 2007, he won the Masters qualifs, he won the PL qualifs.

monique he has only reached one last 16 in a ranking event that was the 2008 Grand Prix in whitch very soon thoes points he got there will have been dissolved.

he did not reach the welsh quarters in 2007 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Welsh_Open_(snooker)

infact he did not reach the last 48 in the welsh in 2007 so dont know where you got that from lol

one last 16 and people think he is on track sorry mon but thats laughable. <laugh>

Postby Monique

Wild he definitely reached the semis in the 2008 GP. He beat Ronnie 5-4 in the quarters and got beat 6-4 by Higgins in the semis and Higgins went to win the event. I was wrong about the Welsh, I admit , it was 2008 and he was beaten in last 16.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:Wild he definitely reached the semis in the 2008 GP. He beat Ronnie 5-4 in the quarters and got beat 6-4 by Higgins in the semis and Higgins went to win the event. I was wrong about the Welsh, I admit , it was 2008 and he was beaten in last 16.

Im not in total agreement with Monique on this, even though im in disagreement with Wild here.

However highly i rate Trump, he has without a doubt underachieved so far in his career. The perfect exmaple being the way he stalled last season and instead of pushing on for a place in the top 16, only won 3 qualifiers all season and slid back down the rankings.

And as far as the 5-4 "win" over Ronnie, i was there and he didnt even play that great, Ronnie played in that quite often seen "couldnt give a toss" mode and gifted a good few frames away to Judd which ultimately counted.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Wild he definitely reached the semis in the 2008 GP. He beat Ronnie 5-4 in the quarters and got beat 6-4 by Higgins in the semis and Higgins went to win the event. I was wrong about the Welsh, I admit , it was 2008 and he was beaten in last 16.

in 2008 welsh he lost to Ronnie in the last 32 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Welsh_Open_(snooker)

mon seriously i know virtually everything about Trumps career ive followed him very keenly for the best part of 10 years from junior events to pro events and he has been disappointing since his transition....personally i blame people about him at a young age.

its never good feeding a players ego and i have no doubt thats been happening to trump.im going to lay off him now but with pink ribbon starting tomorrow and the PTC End of the month lets see how he does in them and PTC in general .

playing opportunity is there for him now if i get the same old excuses this time next year if he fails to deliver i will not hold off then he will seriously need a good kick up the ass lol

Postby Monique

Rocket_ron, I'm no Judd Trump fan at all, actually I thought he came across as a rather arrogant little mug on many occasions. But I also think he's got a bad season to reflect upon and a new management and he's starting to mature and to change. He's not lived to the expectations people put on him, and I'm not sure he will ever do that, but he still did better than most at the same age. He is a talent, no doubt, I've seen him play life a few times and I'm certain of that. Does he have what it takes to be a winner? I don't know. But that's no reason to write him off yet; he's only 20.
I would safely bet Stevens will never win anything anymore, that Cope or Day will never do anything neither but I wouldn't write Trump off. Not yet anyway.

Postby Monique

@Wild, my bad, it was indeed last 32 ... reason I was mistaken is I have the footage of that match and it's "round 2". Round 2 usually is last 16 in most tournaments. Other than that see above.

Postby Rocket_ron

Monique wrote:@Wild, my bad, it was indeed last 32 ... reason I was mistaken is I have the footage of that match and it's "round 2". Round 2 usually is last 16 in most tournaments. Other than that see above.

mon, easy mistake to make, no worries

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:@Wild, my bad, it was indeed last 32 ... reason I was mistaken is I have the footage of that match and it's "round 2". Round 2 usually is last 16 in most tournaments. Other than that see above.

as i say ill lay off him apart from a little witz dig on another thread <laugh>

i want him to succeed but feel he is behind what he should be even at 20.

im throwing down the gauntlet judd if you looking at these pages.....PROVE ME WRONG <ok>