Topic locked

PTC Winners & Losers

Postby Casey

Ok the PTC tour starts in a couple of weeks, so before then now is your chance to predict your surprise packages for the final 24, also any big names you feel might miss out.

Ok here is my surprise names for the top 24 –

Jimmy White – over the last couple of years has done well in non ranking events (world series, masters qualifying) Jimmy will have the cash to attend all events and I think he will do enough to make the top 24.

Mark Davis – The 6 reds world champion proved last season that he has the talent to take on the big boys. A good win in the first round of the crucible will stand him in good stead, another one who will make the 24.

Rory McLeod – Like Mark Davis he is another player who has been late to show us his talent. A bit of a grinder who will relish the best of 7’s against quicker opponents.

Matthew Selt – Last year was his best as a professional player, reaching a couple of last 32’s he beat some solid pros along the way. Should do just about enough.

Potentials
Anda Zhang - he will be desperate to prove that he isn’t just a flash in the pan. Has the game and will be a threat to many.

Tony Drago – he won a large amount of qualifying matches last season, the quick fire format will certainly suit him against the majority of opponents. It will take a big effort but may just do enough.

Tom Ford – He defiantly has the game, unfortunately he took a step backwards last season. The lack of matches won’t have helped, I think will a moderate start to this tour things will quickly pick up. He will be in the reckoning come the last event.

Those to miss out –

Ryan Day – if he isn’t quick out of the blocks he will lose his lofty seeding and things will only get harder from there. It appears he has lost his self belief and given his age it won’t be easy to get back.

Stephen Maguire – I am not sure how many events he will enter, his days as a player could be well and truly numbered. Another player to lose their lofty seeding early on.

Matthew Stevens – another terrible season for him, most likely the final nail in the coffin. It’s a pity but I think he will just about miss out.

Peter Ebdon – As Peter lives abroad I am not sure of his intentions towards this event, Its not the sort of format he is famous for. I think he will miss out and undoubtedly complain about a variety of matters ie. Format, tables etc.

Re: PTC Winners & Losers

Postby N_Castle07

I predict Trump will make the final 24. Its about time he showed his true talent and living in Sheffield will be a big advantage for the UK events

Postby Casey

Yes I never thought of the Sheffield advantage. Given that a lot of the Chinese pros practice in the academy they also might have a good shout in

Postby N_Castle07

How do you rate Hendry’s chances of getting into the final 24? He has been strong in first round matches last season. How many events do you think he will enter? I hope he does well in the PTC because he may not get invited to the Premier League after publically backing John Davison <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Dominic Dale is a interesting one he lives in vienna and with a German Ranking tournament and 2 confirmed PTC on german soil and who knows some could be played in Austria he would save some cash in traveling lol

Postby Roland

Ebdon practices at the academy although all that could change I don't know.

Postby Casey

N_Castle07 wrote:How do you rate Hendry’s chances of getting into the final 24? He has been strong in first round matches last season. How many events do you think he will enter? I hope he does well in the PTC because he may not get invited to the Premier League after publically backing John Davison <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

<laugh>

Ah that’s true. Notice Hearn hasn't confirmed the line up - waiting on the Higgins verdict ;)

I think Hendry will do enough to get into the top 24, he might even win one of the events along the way.

Postby N_Castle07

case_master wrote:
N_Castle07 wrote:How do you rate Hendry’s chances of getting into the final 24? He has been strong in first round matches last season. How many events do you think he will enter? I hope he does well in the PTC because he may not get invited to the Premier League after publically backing John Davison <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

<laugh>

Ah that’s true. Notice Hearn hasn't confirmed the line up - waiting on the Higgins verdict ;)

I think Hendry will do enough to get into the top 24, he might even win one of the events along the way.

Hopefully it would be nice to see him win one. How do you feel his attitude will be towards the PTC do you think he will enter all of them?

Postby Casey

N_Castle07 wrote:
case_master wrote:

<laugh>

Hopefully it would be nice to see him win one. How do you feel his attitude will be towards the PTC do you think he will enter all of them?

I think he will enter all the UK events and probably 3 of the European events (mandatory) after that I would think it will depend on his schedule

Postby Wildey

i dont think Barry PL Decision will be based on backing JD though he is a business man if he thinks hendry can make a tournament interesting and put bums on seats he will not compromise that because of business.

as a hendry fan though i think the PTC Could be the making of him in the twilight of his carreer give him plenty of match practice or it will be his undoing and his top 16 place could be up.

Postby Alex0paul

I reckon Stuart Bingham will win one of these events.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:I reckon Stuart Bingham will win one of these events.

yes if Ranking points was available for minor events over the years stuart would have been top 16 no problam.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I disagree about Maguire. He's the sort of player who could show up for these events with no pressure on him and play his best for Snooker for a couple of days. I think he'll win a couple of them and finish in the Top 5 of the Order of Merit. I don't see him winning any of the big TV events though.