Topic locked

Re: China Open Semi Final Discussion!!

Postby Casey

Well you see the full auditorium there is a big crowd at the game but all these empty seats at the front makes it look pathetic tbh

Postby Roland

Carter turned down a decent chance there after Williams missed escape... You feel Mark just needs one good chance but Ali needs more

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:This three misses and you're out rule, has anyone ever lost a frame because of it ?

the first player that happened to was Terry Griffiths in the 1991 Mita World masters(infact first time i saw Mark Williams play) cant remember who he was playing but it was not the deciding frame unlike Davis v Ken case mentioned.

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:Well you see the full auditorium there is a big crowd at the game but all these empty seats at the front makes it look pathetic tbh

yes but the chinese are shy ;) they like to hide away in the heavens

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:This three misses and you're out rule, has anyone ever lost a frame because of it ?

the first player that happened to was Terry Griffiths in the 1991 Mita World masters(infact first time i saw Mark Williams play) cant remember who he was playing but it was not the deciding frame unlike Davis v Ken case mentioned.

wild, your a fountain of knowledge

Postby Wildey

i made a 20 break using nothing but a spider but it was a time i didnt have a tip to put on my cue at that time anything will do rofl

Postby Roland

StalinESQ wrote:hard luck Ali - no run at all, terrible shame - but that snukar <ok>

<laugh> run of the ball had nothing to do with it. Carter doesn't cut it against quality opposition.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:hard luck Ali - no run at all, terrible shame - but that snukar <ok>

<laugh> run of the ball had nothing to do with it. Carter doesn't cut it against quality opposition.

the balls just weren't favouring Ali today - hope MJW gets the rubbish off his shoes <ok>

Postby Roland

It was 50-50, I was watching from a Williams perspective and he didn't seem to get that much either apart from the fluke in frame 3 which might not have been a fluke even though it was lucky (had the red not dropped it was 3-0). Carter was far from convincing, made little of the many many chances he had.

Postby SnookerFan

This season;

Robertson wins the Grand Prix for the second time.
Ding wins the UK for the second time.
Selby wins The Masters for the second time.
Higgins wins The Welsh Open for the second time.

And tomorrows finalists have both won this tournament once before. :D

Postby Rocket_ron

SnookerFan wrote:This season;

great stats snookerfan :D

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That's the job of Alex0Paul :redneck:

but hes sacked he said there was a pattern of Allen beating China open champions all the way to the title Dott 2007 Maguire 2008 Hendry ??????? Ding 2005and Williams 2002 and 2006

but he not only failed with Ding beating Allen but Hendry has never won it rofl

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

SnookerFan wrote:This season;

Oh dear that means Murphy is gonna win the WC for a second time :sad: