Topic locked

Re: China Open Semi Final Discussion!!

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:He's playing with such confidence though even though he's 2-0 down. Great to see.

he needs to relax he is putting presure on himself thinking only 6 frames im in a final again.

How do you know he's thinking that? He looks really confident to me, confident and relaxed.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Third final of the season, what a turnaround from 12 months ago ! :ba:

they say having a succesfull season and dominate isnt possible these days with so few tournaments however Ding reached 3 out of 5 Ranking finals that proves if you good your good.

I was pretty worried about this match pressure-wise, his form is good sure but I thought Allen could possibly exploit Ding's nerves in front of his home fans, but judging by scoring that's not the case ! Whatever happens in the next match and tournament though, it's been a super season, definitely the player of the season up to now. Top 4 not totally out of the question !

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:He's playing with such confidence though even though he's 2-0 down. Great to see.

he needs to relax he is putting presure on himself thinking only 6 frames im in a final again.

How do you know he's thinking that? He looks really confident to me, confident and relaxed.

he wouldnt be human if he doesent and he does look confident but hes made more basic mistakes in the last 2 frames than hes made all tournament.

Postby Wildey

thank god for a fluke <cool> without it it was 3-0 and not a deserving 3-0 either he has only picked off marks mistakes hopefully mark can settle now and play well.

Postby Roland

That fluke was a cracker wasn't it? rofl

Although saying that maybe he had the cross double in the back of his mind when he played it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That fluke was a cracker wasn't it? rofl

when the cueball cannoned the red on the cush my cushing was flying across the room at the TV lol

Postby Wildey

Although saying that maybe he had the cross double in the back of his mind when he played it.

cross double is always a chance however canon on the red on the cush showed me he mis hit it .

if he missed the canon he missed the pot <laugh>

Postby Wildey

lets not forget in all the Fuss with Williams playing well and Ding making it 3 finals this season who sais a long lay off hinders a player in his stride Ali Carter going for his second ranking final in a row 2 months apart.

Postby Smart

they can obviously change the course of a match, but both players now seem to be missing a few - so it could prove to be not that important :redneck:

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Third final of the season, what a turnaround from 12 months ago ! :ba:

Aye Ding was very solid today and potted some good long balls. Allen just didn't show up and I can't see an answer as to why, he beat Dott, Maguire and Hendry in a decider on the way so should have been full of confidence. :huh2:

There was a big crowd which he normally loves playing to but at no stage did he look comfortable :huh: Ah well still a good run and a decent chance to match his run at the Crucible last year.

As for Ding, well when he won the UK some idiots said he was far from back but he has now made 3 OUT OF FIVE ranking finals. He has won the biggest event so far this season and I think will win tomorrow whoever he plays.
I'm glad to see wee Ding back

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:good afternoon R-ron my Northern friend :wave: :wave: :wave:

hi buddy :wave: im on and off today as got loads of housework to do, my dog malts all over. i may post a pic up of him if you want. his name is rusty and is a cavelier king chales

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:good afternoon R-ron my Northern friend :wave: :wave: :wave:

hi buddy :wave: im on and off today as got loads of housework to do, my dog malts all over. i may post a pic up of him if you want. his name is rusty and is a cavelier king chales

we have a shar-pei, she malts as well <ok>

Chelski 2-0, ManUre wheels falling off <laugh> :D rofl :D

Postby Bourne

case_master wc wrote:

Aye Ding was very solid today and potted some good long balls. Allen just didn't show up and I can't see an answer as to why, he beat Dott, Maguire and Hendry in a decider on the way so should have been full of confidence. :huh2:

There was a big crowd which he normally loves playing to but at no stage did he look comfortable :huh: Ah well still a good run and a decent chance to match his run at the Crucible last year.

As for Ding, well when he won the UK some idiots said he was far from back but he has now made 3 OUT OF FIVE ranking finals. He has won the biggest event so far this season and I think will win tomorrow whoever he plays.
I'm glad to see wee Ding back

I can't remember for sure but I think he was effectivly two defeats from dropping out of the 16 last season, buck knows what that would have done to his attitude and belief.

Postby Wildey

missed the start of this frame had some firewood to split lol

what happened with that 8 points Williams got was he in did he have a chance ?

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Carter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redneck: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovely compact cue action - and we are seeing plenty of it today. :redneck:

why compact? explain your theory

it is neat, it is repeatable, it is not jabby, it is pleasing to ones eyes............ :redneck:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Carter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redneck: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovely compact cue action - and we are seeing plenty of it today. :redneck:

why compact? explain your theory

it is neat, it is repeatable, it is not jabby, it is pleasing to ones eyes............ :redneck:

as long as thats all its pleaseing to

bad monkey