Topic locked

Re: China Open Semi Final Discussion!!

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Allen has made life very easy for Ding this morning what a anti climax of a semi final this is.....

Ding has played well but hes under no pressure at all.

Ding 5-1 Allen <doh>

<<<<<Allen picker <laugh>

no a snooker fan that wants a contest between 2 pro players <ok>

anyway Allen made it 5-2 somehow.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Allen has made life very easy for Ding this morning what a anti climax of a semi final this is.....

Ding 5-1 Allen <doh>

you picked Allen - hence your frustration :no:

Postby Alex0paul

This will be Allen's 4th semi final defeat without a final just one behind the current record of 5 semis without a final held by Andy Hicks. Joe Swail held the record of 9 semis without a final before reaching last years Welsh Open final.

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

Ding 5-1 Allen <doh>

you picked Allen - hence your frustration :no:

yes i picked Allen but my desire for a great match overrides anything persanal from a prediction contest.

Postby Alex0paul

I think Ding will be the new number 1 and the end of next season. Also if he wins this week he pushes Robertson down to 5th.

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:<laugh>

Ding played a great match, superb infact. Probably more enjoyable if you had backed him though. :redneck:

Close matches are great but Allen was never at the races, outclassed, outgunned.

Safe journey. :wave: <laugh>

yes he played a great match and deserved his win take nothing away from that but id have said the same had allen won 6-2 because i said 6-4 and i wanted a close match this morning from a neutral point of view.

i worry about predicts last 32 and 16 but when it comes to the buisness end i want great matches as a neutral.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I'm still hoping for Ding vs Williams. :ba:

arent we all :evilgrin:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I didn't see this morning match, only just out of the labba.

Was the 6-2 scoreline as comfortable as it suggests anyone?

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Was the 6-2 scoreline as comfortable as it suggests anyone?

yup

it was so comfy Ding went to sleep in the 7th frame and let Allen off the hook.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

wildJONESEYE wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Was the 6-2 scoreline as comfortable as it suggests anyone?

yup

it was so comfy Ding went to sleep in the 7th frame and let Allen off the hook.

Thanks. :)

Postby Wildey

Right Mark not been in a final for ages hes playing Carter not the greatest of pressure players.

when Mark reached the Grand Prix semi Ding slaughtered him 6-1 but he was not playing this well by a long way....proberbly his win over John in the 6 red kicked off his season ;) so by the time he went to Wembly he was really flying and it took a brilliant performance from Ronnie to stop him reaching the final.

going in to this match i believe Mark will be in a more possitive frame of mind that hes gonna win his 17th title than hes been since winning the World in 2003.

Postby Roland

Looks like 1-0 Carter. Williams safety shot was pretty good, long red knocked in off it and 60 break puts Carter in command with Mark going for snookers on the yellow.

He's laying some quality snookers isn't he? Carter keeps getting out of them though.

Postby Roland

Frame 2 - unlucky Mark who played a superb cut on the black with spider only to miscannon a red and land on nothing. Result? A few shots later and Ali is in again looking good for 2-0.

Big frame coming up after this for Williams methinks.

And he's blobbed!

Mark however mistimes a rest shot going in off in the process. Carter resumes... and messes up position albeit difficult.

Carter 55-37 ahead, two reds left and safety battle coming up.

Now the miss rule is giving Mark some free points, and a free ball lets him in again although last red and yellow are on cushions.... and he powers the red in as if it's over the hole! Now the yellow....missed and sets up Carter again :grrr:

Postby Wildey

might be free points but he cant purchase a frame at the moment

Ali Carter 2-0 Mark Williams

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Third final of the season, what a turnaround from 12 months ago ! :ba:

they say having a succesfull season and dominate isnt possible these days with so few tournaments however Ding reached 3 out of 5 Ranking finals that proves if you good your good.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He's playing with such confidence though even though he's 2-0 down. Great to see.

he needs to relax he is putting presure on himself thinking only 6 frames im in a final again.