Topic locked

Re: China Open Quarter Final Discussion!!

Postby Wildey

GerrardsQuiff wrote:Ding <cool>

In the bag it seems

hes playing Ebdon so its never that simple lol

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:Gerrard

Ding looks sharp, Allen shot choice lets him down too much for my liking. <ok>

I know what you mean, it can be a bit random at times. Sometimes I think he playes the player more than the balls, all teh report yesterday said he played a very tight game against Maguire and it worked. Different today though :huh2:

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Gerrard

Ding looks sharp, Allen shot choice lets him down too much for my liking. <ok>

I know what you mean, it can be a bit random at times. Sometimes I think he playes the player more than the balls, all teh report yesterday said he played a very tight game against Maguire and it worked. Different today though :huh2:

Feels like he wants to pot Hendo off the table with a trail of fast breaks..... but Hendo likes that type of match more than a cagey type game. <ok>

Postby Roland

Nice picture on Eurosport HD - not full HD but near enough.

Should have been Allens frame but 3-2 Hendry looks like....he's too far on the blue.... 3-2 Hendry

Ding pumping the traitor 4-0 :ahh:

Postby Roland

kostasmad wrote:Ding 4-0. Maybe the the UK was the turnpoint in his career and we will finally see the big things we hoped from him...

For me that corner was turned when he despatched of Liang at the Crucible. Those last 3 frame to close the match out were the first signs of Ding under pressure playing his best.

Postby Roland

Hendons blog wrote:When he beat Peter Ebdon 5-0 in the 2005 China Open, a somewhat insensitive Chinese journalist asked the 2002 Crucible champion the following question:

'Mr. Ebdon, how come you win the World Championship?'

His deadpan response was, under the circumstances, creditable. 'I was lucky,' he said.

<laugh>

Regarding Liang, I was there and saw it with my own eyes. Liang missed a blue to middle which was risky and in the end cost him but he got where he was in that match by being brave. Ding was awesome when the maximum pressure was on him at 8-7 down to another Chinese player with 100 million watching back home.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Anyone catch the 'quip' Mark Allen gave Stephen Hendry there after Stephen Hendry missed the green with the rest? Is young Mark Allen putting it about? <laugh>

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:Jeez Allen has been awful today, hard to explain why and he's been in good form for the last few weeks. :huh2:

neither player playing great - Allens wheels coming off slightly here......

still tricky red, AND WHAT IS THIS ...... Hendo fouls the balls he was cuing over <ok>

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Anyone catch the 'quip' Mark Allen gave Stephen Hendry there after Stephen Hendry missed the green with the rest? Is young Mark Allen putting it about? <laugh>

I like that sort of thing, hope he called him a miserable, lucky, Scottish....... :redneck: <laugh>

<laugh> What did he say? Risky to say anything to Hendry after he misses a shot <laugh>

Postby GJ

hendo peaking to early i may have to revise my prediction on him reaching round 2 there :chin: