Topic locked

Re: China Open Quarter Final Discussion!!

Postby Wildey

Latest

Stephen Hendry 4-2 Mark Allen
Ding Junhui 4-1 Peter Ebdon

Mark Allen was reeling in that frame he was missing everything in sight and if hendry lost that it would have been disaster.

Postby GJ

smart

the young china man playind hendo in round 1 at the worlds do you think he has much chance ?

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

No brainer for me, Re: Zhang Anda against Stephen Hendry. All depends on how quick Zhang Anda settles. If he's in touch after the first 9 frames, he'll push Stephen Hendry all the way. If he takes time to settle, then see ya'.

Postby GJ

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:No brainer for me, Re: Zhang Anda against Stephen Hendry. All depends on how quick Zhang Anda settles. If he's in touch after the first 9 frames, he'll push Stephen Hendry all the way. If he takes time to settle, then see ya'.

i remember when wenbo made his debut i said he would beat doherty and alot of people <laugh>

so it just depends how each individual player copes on there crucible debut

StalinESQ wrote:Allen still potting here, but he takes some shots where there is an easier continuation .......frustrating watching him at times. <ok>

Yeah, agreed. He push's it sometimes doesn't he. If he could work on balancing up his self belief with context of the situations he's in, he'll become a lot tougher player to play against. But I suppose you can put that down to either experience or how quick he is to learn from it. He does need to consider it though.

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:No brainer for me, Re: Zhang Anda against Stephen Hendry. All depends on how quick Zhang Anda settles. If he's in touch after the first 9 frames, he'll push Stephen Hendry all the way. If he takes time to settle, then see ya'.

i remember when wenbo made his debut i said he would beat doherty and alot of people <laugh>

so it just depends how each individual player copes on there crucible debut

Bang on GJ. You only have to look at ROS' debut against ln McManus to remember that. He couldn't find any fluency at all.

Postby Monique

Zhang is certainly not the anxious type for what I've seen. Hendry has the experience but he is inconsistent in recent years. So I'd say it all depends on the Hendry on the day, but he shouldn't take Zhang for granted, that's for sure.

And back on topic, I may be the exception but ... 'mon Hendo!

Postby Wildey

if hendry loses this match he has nobody to blame but himself what a bucking idiot.....hit and hope marmite.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Zhang is certainly not the anxious type for what I've seen. Hendry has the experience but he is inconsistent in recent years. So I'd say it all depends on the Hendry on the day, but he shouldn't take Zhang for granted, that's for sure.

forget zhang hes history he has no hope at the crucible all anyone seen of him is playing in a cardboard box no hoper at the crucible...

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:if hendry loses this match he has nobody to blame but himself what a bucking idiot.....hit and hope marmite.

<laugh>

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Monique wrote:Zhang is certainly not the anxious type for what I've seen. Hendry has the experience but he is inconsistent in recent years. So I'd say it all depends on the Hendry on the day, but he shouldn't take Zhang for granted, that's for sure.

forget zhang hes history he has no hope at the crucible all anyone seen of him is playing in a cardboard box no hoper at the crucible...

Well if Hendry plays reckless like he does right now, it's him who will be history. I tell you.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:forget zhang hes history he has no hope at the crucible all anyone seen of him is playing in a cardboard box no hoper at the crucible...

very poor comment, he has played and beaten very good players in highest pressure situation....... your comment is not very clever.

The biggest crowd was on his match at EISS, and he coped like a seasoned pro. Plays the table. <ok>

Postby Monique

meanwhile in the other match they have managed to create one of the worst tables I've ever seen. All reds packed behind the black spot!

EDIT: rerack. No wonder.
Last edited by Monique on 02 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

Yeah I'm watching Allen v Hendry on the tv and Ebdon v Ding on the laptop. It's really cool because when you hear the crowd noise on the other table you can watch the shot that caused the noise seconds later :redneck:

Come on Allen