Topic locked

Re: China Open Quarter Final Discussion!!

Postby Roland

Hendry underachieved? rofl

Anyway, great to see Williams in some sort of form. If he carried on like he was doing up to 3-0 I'd say he's back to his best, as it is he made too many unforced errors for my liking after that but Fu couldn't capitalise. Williams v Ding final for me and flip of the coin if that's the case but I'd edge in favour of Williams.

Postby Wildey

in a manner of speaking yes if he hadent pushed out the boat in tournaments last 10 years he would have won more tournaments.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Hendry underachieved? rofl

Anyway, great to see Williams in some sort of form. If he carried on like he was doing up to 3-0 I'd say he's back to his best, as it is he made too many unforced errors for my liking after that but Fu couldn't capitalise. Williams v Ding final for me and flip of the coin if that's the case but I'd edge in favour of Williams.

Sonny,
I've been really impressed with williams lately, i sensed at the masters he was coming back to form.
i've been supporting him winning this from before the start....In fact i have found where i tipped mark williams 4th Post here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=453
great minds think alike there matey
yes robbo or mark williams, defo someone outside the top 4 will win.
Last edited by Rocket_ron on 02 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:in a manner of speaking yes if he hadent pushed out the boat in tournaments last 10 years he would have won more tournaments.

And if he was 5 years younger he'd have been sharing the spoils with the other three (Ronnie, Higgins and Williams).

Postby Wildey

im not saying he would be anywhere near the other 3 this decade but there was defanatly a World Title and UK Title he gave away last decade and the amount of times he went for a risky pot to carry on a break instead of a certain safety and he lost that match ive lost count of.

thats underachievement mate.

Postby Roland

So what you're saying is, without the flaws in his game which have stopped him winning more, he'd have won more. Doesn't that apply to all of them? :redneck:

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:So what you're saying is, without the flaws in his game which have stopped him winning more, he'd have won more. Doesn't that apply to all of them? :redneck:

yes sonny's right
wild get back in your box <laugh>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Bourne wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
Bourne wrote:Well done Ding :mosh2:

Thoughts on his upcoming match against Allen?

:ba:

Tough tough tough ! Allen is in good form for sure, but just good to see Ding finally performing for his home fans !

Yep, I'd go along with that. Ding's flying, but as us Good Snooker Sporting Fellows know, a Ding v Mark Williams (Lovely man) will be a top notch final. As I said before, the Welsh boy takes some moving when he's in tune. Can Ding do it, Nah. :sad: Mark Williams is tooooo Good. <ok>

Postby Roland

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Bourne wrote:
case_master wc wrote:

Tough tough tough ! Allen is in good form for sure, but just good to see Ding finally performing for his home fans !

Yep, I'd go along with that. Ding's flying, but as us Good Snooker Sporting Fellows know, a Ding v Mark Williams (Lovely man) will be a top notch final. As I said before, the Welsh boy takes some moving when he's in tune. Can Ding do it, Nah. :sad: Mark Williams is tooooo Good. <ok>

Williams :ahh:

Postby Alex0paul

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Bourne wrote:
case_master wc wrote:

6-1 at the Grand Prix begs to differ :ahh:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:So what you're saying is, without the flaws in his game which have stopped him winning more, he'd have won more. Doesn't that apply to all of them? :redneck:

in the 2000s hendry was more attacking than he even was in his heyday. so no that has never aplied to any player since or before they all gets more conservative as they get older hendry didnt. and therefore did not give his game in later years the respect and give himself maximum chance of winning more.