Topic locked

Re: China Open Last 16 Discussion!!

Postby Roland

Come on Robbo, pull your finger out and beat the traitor.

What's happening in the Selby match? It's torturous watching live scoring and not seeing how the balls are lying. rubbish, Ding's on a break of 1. Is this the end?

Postby NedB-H

Sonny wrote:Come on Robbo, pull your finger out and beat the traitor.

What's happening in the Selby match? It's torturous watching live scoring and not seeing how the balls are lying. rubbish, Ding's on a break of 1. Is this the end?

scrappy, pink tied up, black not ideal, reds starting to bunch on one side of the table...

Postby Roland

Good news, thanks <ok>

Wild hasn't done his Crucible Countdown today. I've forgotten how many days are left...

Postby GJ

Im off out i assume ebdon will finish the job as he is no choker so hear are my thoughts on the match

Hard luck robbo

Well done ebdon a real gentleman of the game and this will boost his chances of staying in the top 16 <ok>

Its a mystery why robbo struggles in china he has never reached the quarters :chin:

Anyway

Bring on the worlds

147 <cool>

obviously he got distracted after the 147

and this stage last year murphy beat robbo 5-1 and robbo still got to the semi's at the worlds so this will have no bearing on the worlds :ahh:

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:Im off out i assume ebdon will finish the job as he is no choker so hear are my thoughts on the match

Hard luck robbo

Well done ebdon a real gentleman of the game and this will boost his chances of staying in the top 16 <ok>

Its a mystery why robbo struggles in china he has never reached the quarters :chin:

Anyway

Bring on the worlds

147 <cool>

obviously he got distracted after the 147

and this stage last year murphy beat robbo 5-1 and robbo still got to the semi's at the worlds so this will have no bearing on the worlds :ahh:

lol

Postby Bourne

Disappointing that Selby is resorting to slowing the game down after Ding's miss in the last frame, blatant gamesmanship.

Postby Casey

GJ I think he will take more confidence from teh 147 than say had he won a couple more matches. <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:Disappointing that Selby is resorting to slowing the game down after Ding's miss in the last frame, blatant gamesmanship.

Ding is now taking a long time over a shot too. Is that gamesmanship then?

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul wrote:
Bourne wrote:Disappointing that Selby is resorting to slowing the game down after Ding's miss in the last frame, blatant gamesmanship.

No.

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

No.

Course it isn't when its a player you like :john:

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

No.

Course it isn't when its a player you like :john:

It clearly worked, forced Ding into the error. Well done Mark :roll:

Postby Bourne

Monique wrote:Yes but now he missed that red in center pocket ... might well be the end for Mark.
Edit: no! Ding misses again.

You think it didn't rattle Ding, you're naive !

Postby Alex0paul

Ebdon wins again. Hopefully he burns himself out again before the World Championships like last year. Jamie Cope will be dropping to 17th if Ebdon reaches the semis.

Postby Monique

Bourne wrote:
Monique wrote:Yes but now he missed that red in center pocket ... might well be the end for Mark.
Edit: no! Ding misses again.

You think it didn't rattle Ding, you're naive !

Did I say anything of the kind? :chin:
But it is the end for Mark.

Postby Roland

Bloody hell! I hate live scoring. It's so frustrating, you see the ticker move from one play to the other and you haven't got a clue what's going on, and everytime someone scores it's Ding. I thought Selby had the better safety game of the two. Bah

<doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

:mood: :mood: :mood: :mood: :mood:

Postby Wildey

Thursday 1 April 2010

Results

Mark Allen 5-3 Stephen Maguire
Tian Pengfei 3-5 Mark King
Joe Perry 3-5 Ali Carter
Nigel Bond 3-5 Marco Fu
Peter Ebdon 5-1 Neil Robertson
Ding Junhui 5-3 Mark Selby
Ryan Day 0-5 Stephen Hendry
Mark Williams 5-2 John Higgins

Postby Casey

I didn't see the match but last year those are the sort of matches Ding was losing, great turnaround from the wee manb <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

case_master wc wrote:
Bourne wrote:Yes get in ! Great result for snooker :excited:

A Ding v Allen final would be great :excited:

They have already played in a final in China this season at the Jiangsu Classic which Allen won 6-0.

Alas they are in the same half of the draw
Last edited by Alex0paul on 01 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bourne

I thought Selby's safety game was so scrappy today, very surprised. But am I complaining ?!

Postby Casey

Alex0paul wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
Bourne wrote:Yes get in ! Great result for snooker :excited:

A Ding v Allen final would be great :excited:

They have already played in a final in China this season at the Jiangsu Classic which Allen won 6-0

Repeat performance would do me just fine :wave:

Postby Wildey

i think Allen has a good chance of winning this week but he has to get through Hendry and from what i saw on Live Hendry was scoring well and limiting chances for Day.so if he keep that up Allen has problams.

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

5-0 for Hendry . Guess that guarentees his top 16 place for next season ? Williams finding good form at just the right time too while Selby wasn't too hot . Looks like this years WC are going to be a classic