Topic locked

Re: China Open Wild Card and 1st Round Discussion!!

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:whats iratating about today and the whole ronnie didnt try theme its being used everytime he lost including wembly where he was leading 9-6. trying to lose today at 4-3 down but come on he did not try and lose from 9-6 up thats as pointless as it gets.

not everyone is using the excuses you are saying, be fair mate ..... I said Selby was superb from 9-6 and ROS cut back green was wrong shot.

I am just flumoxed with what I saw today, the blue was an exhibition shot, the pink was knocked in like he was on the Southern Comfort.... the black was a joke, then he does not let little Chinaman pot the black, Eurosport commentators "oh no, come on"......... sorry stewards enquiry please. <ok>

and what about the yellow off the spot to the middle from the D he missed.

Then the next shot he played was a dodgy cross double safety that left it hung.

Similarly the long green, though rattling the jaws was a bit suss too

I agree the brown was a good shot but he played it in a drunken, im down the pub way, same with the blue and pink where he risked compromising position to an extent by playing them in such a way, then the straight black off the spot was clearly to be played into the pocket at a normal pace and it would have dropped 9,999/10,000 times for a player of that ability

The disbelief and horror from the commentators, the confused reaction of Tian and the crowd almost boooing says it all.

Postby Bourne

I don't mind it when a player is showboating the final black when they've already won the frame, but to do it in that situation is just naive and stupid, not thinking straight. He'll probably admit that now when he thinks back and wish he'd knocked it plain ball, it's a shot he'll never ever miss when he's thinking straight with a brutal desire to win.

Postby Smart

Bourne wrote:I don't mind it when a player is showboating the final black when they've already won the frame, but to do it in that situation is just naive and stupid, not thinking straight. He'll probably admit that now when he thinks back and wish he'd knocked it plain ball, it's a shot he'll never ever miss when he's thinking straight with a brutal desire to win.

people are missing something here - this is not the first time this has happened. I think its funny, entertaining but the integrity of the sport is lost in matches like today.....

.... backing it all up with "I play every match to win"...... sorry that match was not played with proper spirit.

So I say "well played Tian" but snooker is being robbed, conned call it what you like.

Why travel that far for that sort of performance...... :huh:

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:whats iratating about today and the whole ronnie didnt try theme its being used everytime he lost including wembly where he was leading 9-6. trying to lose today at 4-3 down but come on he did not try and lose from 9-6 up thats as pointless as it gets.

not everyone is using the excuses you are saying, be fair mate ..... I said Selby was superb from 9-6 and ROS cut back green was wrong shot.

I am just flumoxed with what I saw today, the blue was an exhibition shot, the pink was knocked in like he was on the Southern Comfort.... the black was a joke, then he does not let little Chinaman pot the black, Eurosport commentators "oh no, come on"......... sorry stewards enquiry please. <ok>

no im not painting everyone in the same brush i really aint but thats been done to death by some. today you could say he didnt try and im totally in agreiment but by saying it when he tryes his balls off just that the other guy played better is a diservice to the game and disrespects the game.

every player has off days ronnie is no exeption but you do not get this "his head wasent right" about other players when Ronnie beats them.and lets face it who's head is right playing Ronnie lol

Postby Wildey

what did the game and tian earned from that today ? a big fat nothing.

the game is robbed from seeing Ronnie in round 2 and Tian goes away thinking he outplayed and beat Ronnie when that was not the case.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Gona be a totally different match for Tian tomorrow, King won't be giving him an inch. Don't know which way to predict for that one :huh2:

best tian can hope for is losing 5-2 just as ive predicted ;) :evilgrin:

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Gona be a totally different match for Tian tomorrow, King won't be giving him an inch. Don't know which way to predict for that one :huh2:

Your good luck this week has to end sometime :redneck:

Postby Smart

wild

I'm only trying to add some balance that although being a ROS fan that does not mean I cannot see total stupidity ........

touching on the showboating thing again, Jimmy used to slam the black round the table as a party piece or clear the colours with outrageous use of side spin etc but this is total different planet stuff and I think it is wrong. Last post on this from me - fill your boots, I had enough of this topic. :redneck:

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:what did the game and tian earned from that today ? a big fat nothing.

the game is robbed from seeing Ronnie in round 2 and Tian goes away thinking he outplayed and beat Ronnie when that was not the case.

i dont think Tian will be thinking that he out played ronnie

Postby Tubberlad

Look, it's like this.

We were here two years ago, with all the controversy about THAT press conference. What happened a few weeks down the line? He went all the way at Sheffield.

It's not often I engage in that crap about 'Ronnie not being up for it' and 'his head wasn't right'. But by what I've just watched, he really couldn't have given a toss today. And it will do him NO harm.

O'Sullivan really didn't care today, or about the match. If there's one tournament you DON'T want to win, it's this one. Nobody wants to win right before China, because you're peaking too soon.

I could be wrong..... but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this actually does him the power of good, and he wins out at Sheffield.

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:wild

I'm only trying to add some balance that although being a ROS fan that does not mean I cannot see total stupidity ........

touching on the showboating thing again, Jimmy used to slam the black round the table as a party piece or clear the colours with outrageous use of side spin etc but this is total different planet stuff and I think it is wrong. Last post on this from me - fill your boots, I had enough of this topic. :redneck:

mate i know you and i know your not like that the you bit in my post was a general you and not you you lol

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:wild

mate i know you and i know your not like that the you bit in my post was a general you and not you you lol

:ahh:

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:Look, it's like this.

We were here two years ago, with all the controversy about THAT press conference. What happened a few weeks down the line? He went all the way at Sheffield.

It's not often I engage in that crap about 'Ronnie not being up for it' and 'his head wasn't right'. But by what I've just watched, he really couldn't have given a toss today. And it will do him NO harm.

O'Sullivan really didn't care today, or about the match. If there's one tournament you DON'T want to win, it's this one. Nobody wants to win right before China, because you're peaking too soon.

I could be wrong..... but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this actually does him the power of good, and he wins out at Sheffield.

tubbs you have hit on something.
ronnie always does something bad or dodgy then wins big style

examples
ronnie walks out 4-1 down to hendry uk championship - next tourney masters 10-3 win over ding in final with dink crying. ronnie won back our hearts there

ronnie china open loses to fu and press confrence talks sexual - next tourny world champs plays real good snooker and wins the wc

this year lost this match susspectly - guess whats next

Postby Wildey

mate great for him but it does the game no good in these climate of lack of tournaments if potential sponsors looks in and sees the WN1 couldn't give a toss so why should we.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

mate great for him but it does the game no good in these climate of lack of tournaments if potential sponsors looks in and sees the WN1 couldn't give a toss so why should we.

Yeh but on the other hand, it gave us a hell of a lot of talking points, more than the rest of the tournament put together pretty much !

Postby Wildey

for all the wrong reasons.....a player thumping the ref for making a bad call is for the right reasons it shows passion for what he does.

most people agree ronnie didn't try i find that sad.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild, he tends to make up for shocking behaviour by publicising the game as only Ronnie can. By playing some mind blowing snooker.

We've been here before. Of course his actions are wrong, and does the game no good. But he answers the critics better than anyone I've ever seen. The publicity bandwagon will be up and running prior to Sheffield, and don't be surprised if we see it all again. World Champion 2010 I reckon, and it's rare enough I tip Ronnie. <ok>

Postby Bourne

thetubberlad wrote:Wild, he tends to make up for shocking behaviour by publicising the game as only Ronnie can. By playing some mind blowing snooker.

We've been here before. Of course his actions are wrong, and does the game no good. But he answers the critics better than anyone I've ever seen. The publicity bandwagon will be up and running prior to Sheffield, and don't be surprised if we see it all again. World Champion 2010 I reckon, and it's rare enough I tip Ronnie. <ok>

I've only tipped Ronnie twice this season and he made the final both times :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
N_Castle07 wrote:Can someone explain Ronnie's miss please i'm at work.

id have potted it with my cockerel <ok>

<laugh> rofl

Id need help with my extension first lol

rofl

Postby Alex0paul

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Don't be silly! Mark King can't win two matches in a row.