Topic locked

Re: China Open Wild Card and 1st Round Discussion!!

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:nice choke delu :bs:

wasent really a choke but he did strugle when Hanever put him under pressure but credit to hanever.

Postby Wildey

Monday 29 March 2010

Results

Rod Lawler 5-3 Supoj Saenla
Robert Milkins 5-2 Lu Chenwei
Andrew Higginson 5-0 Li Yan
Mark Davis 4-5 Tian Pengfei
James Wattana 5-0 Au Chi Wai (Hong Kong)
Tony Drago 5-3 Shi Shuamgyang
Rory McLeod 0-5 Liu Chuang
Bjorn Haneveer 5-4 Yu Delu

Tuesday 30 March 2010

7.30am

Match 2 – Neil Robertson v Mike Dunn
Match 8 – Stephen Maguire v Barry Hawkins
Match 14 – Marco Fu v Bjorn Haneveer(TV Match)
Match 15 – Mark Williams v Jamie Cope(Possibly Table 2)

12.30pm

Match 3 – Ding Junhui v Gerard Greene(TV Match)
Match 5 – Ryan Day v Robart Milkins
Match 7 – Mark Allen v Graeme Dott
Match 16 – John Higgins v Fergal O’Brien(Possibly Table 2)

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Great choice of TV match in the afternoon if I may say so :evilgrin:

is hanever working for eurosport in his spare time or what ?

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Great choice of TV match in the afternoon if I may say so :evilgrin:

is hanever working for eurosport in his spare time or what ?

He is in fact. But I doubt that's the decisive factor.
Both television matches feature the 2 top Chineses players, Fu and Ding.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Wattana's Playing,Dragos Playing and Mcleod vs Crucible Chinaman Chaung Playing and Eurosport Showing Hanever vs Yu Delu <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

I thought I had Sky+ both sessions BUT infact only Sky+ the early session - which is ideal cos the matches shown are good (and tight in the case of Pengfei). <ok>

Higginson :ahh:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Mon. What was that about the fella playing James Wattana that you referred too? :chin:

I don' know the guy, but seen your comment about him & thought, hmmmmmm :chin: Does our Mon know something that I don't?

He got beat 5 zip!!!! :wild2:

Postby Monique

nothing John
I was referring to this schedule and choice of telly matches:

7.30am (afternoon in China)

Match 14 – Marco Fu v Bjorn Haneveer(TV Match)
Match 15 – Mark Williams v Jamie Cope(Possibly Table 2)

12.30pm (evening in China)

Match 3 – Ding Junhui v Gerard Greene(TV Match)
Match 7 – Mark Allen v Graeme Dott

Bjorn Hanneveer is indeed commenting on Eurosport Netherlands (despite being Belgian) but I doubt it has anything to do with the decision about the telly matches
This, as you certainly know, is decided by the tournament director and the broadcaster, in this case chinese television.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Tuesday 30 March 2010

7.30am

Match 14 – Marco Fu v Bjorn Haneveer(TV Match) :mood:
Match 15 – Mark Williams v Jamie Cope(Possibly Table 2) should be the feature match surely.....
12.30pm

Match 3 – Ding Junhui v Gerard Greene(TV Match) :mood:
Match 7 – Mark Allen v Graeme Dott should be the feature match surely.....

beggars belief if that is true :wave:

Postby Wildey

i was saying it as a joke and i agree it had nothing to do with that and indeed both matches today proved to be the correct choices they were excellent matches both of them.

but it did seem strange showing that match today with Drago,Wattana and chaung playing.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

wildJONESEYE wrote:i was saying it as a joke and i agree it had nothing to do with that and indeed both matches today proved to be the correct choices they were excellent matches both of them.

but it did seem strange showing that match today with Drago,Wattana and chaung playing.

As the horns go silently back into wild's head. :john:

Postby Wildey

Morning its defanatly Fu v Hanever no doubt about that Dave Hendon said at the end of comentary.

poor decision but hes chinese i guess.

afternoon im not sure but i reckon seing Ding is chinese and their no 1 he will get top billing but thats not confirmed

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Morning its defanatly Fu v Hanever no doubt about that Dave Hendon said at the end of comentary.

poor decision but hes chinese i guess.

Fu is a HongKonger (not a real Chinaman). :no:

hes more chinese than Williams and cope lol

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:Seriously this needs addressing from a quality perspective - whether its the Welsh Open , China Open or wherever ........ the best possible matches should be shown. Bias towards home players is just poo full stop. <ok>

agreed

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:Seriously this needs addressing from a quality perspective - whether its the Welsh Open , China Open or wherever ........ the best possible matches should be shown. Bias towards home players is just rubbish full stop. <ok>

could not put it better myself <ok>

ironic thing is if there was 2 TV Tables with Ding,Liang and Ronnie on different tables i bet you anything Liang or Ding would be in a shoe Box.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Seriously this needs addressing from a quality perspective - whether its the Welsh Open , China Open or wherever ........ the best possible matches should be shown. Bias towards home players is just poo full stop. <ok>

could not put it better myself <ok>

ironic thing is if there was 2 TV Tables with Ding,Liang and Ronnie on different tables i bet you anything Liang or Ding would be in a shoe Box.

they wouldnt dare put ronnie in a shoe box

Postby Roland

You can understand them putting Fu and Ding on the tv tables but it's a shame Cope v Williams takes an outside table given their clash a few season ago in this event which was one of the matches of the season.

Well... performances of the season really because Williams was 1-0 up and never got a look in as Cope was on for a maximum in virtually every frame and won 5-1.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:You can understand them putting Fu and Ding on the tv tables but it's a shame Cope v Williams takes an outside table given their clash a few season ago in this event which was one of the matches of the season.

cope v williams will be on different time to ding so it gets table 2 in my opinion.