Topic locked

Re: China Open Wild Card and 1st Round Discussion!!

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:Wild, he tends to make up for shocking behaviour by publicising the game as only Ronnie can. By playing some mind blowing snooker.

We've been here before. Of course his actions are wrong, and does the game no good. But he answers the critics better than anyone I've ever seen. The publicity bandwagon will be up and running prior to Sheffield, and don't be surprised if we see it all again. World Champion 2010 I reckon, and it's rare enough I tip Ronnie. <ok>

i don't find that publicizing it....Alex Higgins was a passionate guy you had to scrape him kicking off the table ...

What ronnie does is putting out the wrong messages doing that if indeed he did it we dont really know.

what he is virtually saying is if you going to sponsor the china open dont bother we only interested in the worlds this time of year.

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
N_Castle07 wrote:Quote from Dave Hendon
Let’s start by nailing one snooker myth: that Ronnie O’Sullivan can’t be bothered in China.

:chin: Are you sure Dave.

Dave - take a reality check mate........ <laugh>

smart are you piicking the best bits out <laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

wildJONESEYE wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:Wild, he tends to make up for shocking behaviour by publicising the game as only Ronnie can. By playing some mind blowing snooker.

We've been here before. Of course his actions are wrong, and does the game no good. But he answers the critics better than anyone I've ever seen. The publicity bandwagon will be up and running prior to Sheffield, and don't be surprised if we see it all again. World Champion 2010 I reckon, and it's rare enough I tip Ronnie. <ok>

i don't find that publicizing it....Alex Higgins was a passionate guy you had to scrape him kicking off the table ...

What ronnie does is putting out the wrong messages doing that if indeed he did it we dont really know.

what he is virtually saying is if you going to sponsor the china open dont bother we only interested in the worlds this time of year.

He isn't publicizing by doing what he has done in China more than once. That isn't publicising, you're right.

Playing the way only he can do, is fantastic publicising. It shows to people: this is how beautiful the game can be. O'Sullivan is never going to be an ambassador, but by Christ can he play. And THAT'S what makes him great for the game. Whether people like it, or not.

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i don't mind him entertaining but id quite like him to entertain in the next round as well

He'll make it up to you in Sheffield ;)

yes i think so aswell, will his dad be there? well im sure his dad will have a word or two

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i don't mind him entertaining but id quite like him to entertain in the next round as well

He'll make it up to you in Sheffield ;)

ill be interested to know how it goes vs wenbo....if he isnt right there Wenbo isnt a player to take liberties with.

just wandering when is his dad out ?

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
Let’s start by nailing one snooker myth: that Ronnie O’Sullivan can’t be bothered in China.

I am cherry picking having not been on -line at the time. :redneck:

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

I am cherry picking having not been on -line at the time. :redneck:

so you cherry picked my cockerel rofl

Postby Tubberlad

Yes Wild I can't wait to be honest. If he isn't in the zone against a player as good as Liang Wenbo, then he could be in trouble. However, I think the writing is on the wall. If he puts Liang away in style, I think we all know what's going to happen.

As for his father, I think he's going to be out right before the Crucible. Sometime this month I think.

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:Yes Wild I can't wait to be honest. If he isn't in the zone against a player as good as Liang Wenbo, then he could be in trouble. However, I think the writing is on the wall. If he puts Liang away in style, I think we all know what's going to happen.

As for his father, I think he's going to be out right before the Crucible. Sometime this month I think.

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:Yes Wild I can't wait to be honest. If he isn't in the zone against a player as good as Liang Wenbo, then he could be in trouble. However, I think the writing is on the wall. If he puts Liang away in style, I think we all know what's going to happen.

you wasn't this excited with a picture of Megan Fox <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

im married ;)

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

im married ;)

..............and rofl rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

im married ;)

..............and rofl rofl

your not rofl rofl rofl