Topic locked

Re: China Open qualifying!!!

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:GJ why do you like selt?

because he is a good up and coming player and is a very good break builder

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

cant say i've ever seen him play. well hope he gets through so i can inspect him

Postby Eirebilly

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

I very much like his style and the way he approaches the game. I think he will make an impact on the game within the next 5 years.

Postby Wildey

its 4pm and a bit its Time again to get other boys on that baize <ok>

Xiao Guodong v Jordan Brown
Simon Bedford v James Wattana
Lee Page v Tony Drago
Stephen Rowlings v Jimmy Robertson
Li Hang v David Gray
Bjorn Haneveer v Thepchaiya Un Nooh
Matthew Couch v David Hogan
Craig Steadman v Sam Baird

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

cant say i've ever seen him play. well hope he gets through so i can inspect him

ive seen him twice on 110sport.tv and he played hendry and higgins at venues he has impressed me and he held his own very well with those two legends.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:its 4pm and a bit its Time again to get other boys on that baize <ok>

Dont you start with boys one the baize crap, we've already got one numpty that says it

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:its 4pm and a bit its Time again to get other boys on that baize <ok>

Dont you start with boys one the baize crap, we've already got one numpty that says it

parden me for breathing.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

parden me for breathing.

your excused :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Postby GJ

drago trails 1-0

the boss wont be happy <laugh>

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

:evilgrin:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:evening R-ron :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

evening smart-alar :wave: :wave: noticed anything about me?

shortened name, much better, well played :wave: :wave: :wave:

thanks smart-a-rooney :wave: with you calling me r-ron and wild calling me R-R, i thought it would be a good thing.

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:thats right Mathew Selt gets a bye in to round 2.....i bet that made you choke on a sausage smart <laugh>

rofl rofl rofl

Score was 5-2 to fixer - so was the match played ..... W/O are surely registered as 5-0 not 5-2. :wave:

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:no what happened if what i saw the other player didnt bother turning u pto the hearing so he must have truly believed selty was guilty :roll:

Fixer put the frighteners on him, nasty piece of work that fixer. :wave:

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

thanks smart-a-rooney :wave: with you calling me r-ron and wild calling me R-R, i thought it would be a good thing.

good move !! :wave: <ok> :wave: <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

good move !! :wave: <ok> :wave: <ok>

have you seen my milestone topic, your next

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:A disciplinary hearing has found "insufficient evidence" to justify allegations that Matt Selt attempted to bribe an opponent to lose a match last year. The world No66 from Romford was accused of having offered an inducement to Rob James in the Pontin's International Open Series event in the Prestatyn, from which eight promotion places were available for the world-ranking circuit.

Selt claimed the initial complaint arose after "Chinese whispers" about his having offered to bribe his opponent. "Everyone who had anything to do with the hearing said they'd heard that I'd said it," said Selt. "It was just Chinese whispers. I absolutely did not offer bribes."

He needed to beat James in the last 32 to secure promotion but was trailing 3-0 in their best-of-seven-frames match, played without a referee, when, according to James' statement, Selt offered him £1,000 to lose and made repeated offers.

James, who could not have qualified for the main tour, said he "wouldn't have been able to look the other players in the face" if he had taken the money and after losing 4-3 left the arena in tears.

Within two hours of the finish a complaint was made by Adam Davies, whose brother, Alex, was on the borderline to qualify and eventually did so in eighth place. That evening James was asked for a statement by the the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association supervisors and duly gave one the next day.

The WPBSA did not contact James again until late November, by which time Selt had taken his place on the main tour. The hearing was not held until April 21 this year - more than 11 months after the match. Selt had spent a complete season on the main tour, doing just well enough to avoid relegation. James declined to attend a hearing in London to give evidence in person. "I'd started full-time work," said James. "I'd had time off. I'd wanted something done at the time."

Selt indicated that James' non-attendance had undermined the case against him. "The fact he didn't attend the hearing and didn't get back in touch with them proves he didn't want anything to do with it," he said. "It's cost me £13,000 and it's very slanderous; £3,000 in legal fees and my sponsorship deal for this year."

The outcome of the hearing was only released this month. Asked why it had taken so long to hold it, the WPBSA's company secretary, Elaine Eyers, said it was "because you are not aware of, and are not entitled to be aware of, the full circumstances surrounding this case".

This whole saga would be even better if Selty was Australian, that is the only down-side to it. But what a disgrace. Feel sorry for Rob James. <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:A disciplinary hearing has found "insufficient evidence" to justify allegations that Matt Selt attempted to bribe an opponent to lose a match last year. The world No66 from Romford was accused of having offered an inducement to Rob James in the Pontin's International Open Series event in the Prestatyn, from which eight promotion places were available for the world-ranking circuit.

Selt claimed the initial complaint arose after "Chinese whispers" about his having offered to bribe his opponent. "Everyone who had anything to do with the hearing said they'd heard that I'd said it," said Selt. "It was just Chinese whispers. I absolutely did not offer bribes."

He needed to beat James in the last 32 to secure promotion but was trailing 3-0 in their best-of-seven-frames match, played without a referee, when, according to James' statement, Selt offered him £1,000 to lose and made repeated offers.

James, who could not have qualified for the main tour, said he "wouldn't have been able to look the other players in the face" if he had taken the money and after losing 4-3 left the arena in tears.

Within two hours of the finish a complaint was made by Adam Davies, whose brother, Alex, was on the borderline to qualify and eventually did so in eighth place. That evening James was asked for a statement by the the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association supervisors and duly gave one the next day.

The WPBSA did not contact James again until late November, by which time Selt had taken his place on the main tour. The hearing was not held until April 21 this year - more than 11 months after the match. Selt had spent a complete season on the main tour, doing just well enough to avoid relegation. James declined to attend a hearing in London to give evidence in person. "I'd started full-time work," said James. "I'd had time off. I'd wanted something done at the time."

Selt indicated that James' non-attendance had undermined the case against him. "The fact he didn't attend the hearing and didn't get back in touch with them proves he didn't want anything to do with it," he said. "It's cost me £13,000 and it's very slanderous; £3,000 in legal fees and my sponsorship deal for this year."

The outcome of the hearing was only released this month. Asked why it had taken so long to hold it, the WPBSA's company secretary, Elaine Eyers, said it was "because you are not aware of, and are not entitled to be aware of, the full circumstances surrounding this case".

This whole saga would be even better if Selty was Australian, that is the only down-side to it. But what a disgrace. Feel sorry for Rob James. <ok>

yeah quinten hann the 2nd

Postby Wildey

Latest

Xiao Guodong 2-1 Jordan Brown
Simon Bedford 1-3 James Wattana
Lee Page 1-3 Tony Drago
Stephen Rowlings 2-2 Jimmy Robertson
Li Hang 0-3 David Gray
Bjorn Haneveer 3-1 Thepchaiya Un Nooh
Matthew Couch 1-2 David Hogan
Craig Steadman 0-2 Sam Baird

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:no what happened if what i saw the other player didnt bother turning u pto the hearing so he must have truly believed selty was guilty :roll:

Fixer put the frighteners on him, nasty piece of work that fixer. :wave:

maybe mark king and drago were involved and influenced a young player like selty <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:Latest

Xiao Guodong 2-1 Jordan Brown
Simon Bedford 1-3 James Wattana
Lee Page 1-3 Tony Drago
Stephen Rowlings 2-2 Jimmy Robertson
Li Hang 0-3 David Gray
Bjorn Haneveer 3-1 Thepchaiya Un Nooh
Matthew Couch 1-2 David Hogan
Craig Steadman 0-2 Sam Baird

drago drago drago :D :D
david gray <ok>
come on young robbo

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Come on Sam!

i agree ;)

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:From the point of view of his opponent, from 3-0 up and the offer made in the toilets, he then had this thing buzzing around his head for the rest of the match and he ended up losing because of the mental impact on having something like that to distract you from your game. He said he felt enormous pressure to win so he wouldn't be accused of accepting the bribe, and Selt was saying things like "Think about it Rob" when he was at the table.

When I read the account by Rob James I knew he wouldn't make such a thing up because it was entirely believable because I've come across Selts sort in snooker clubs myself.

He got away with it and now he can focus on his career so I suppose he deserves another chance but he'd better keep his nose clean otherwise this will be dragged up again in future if he's not careful.

no refs in these matches - what a farce, do they not play the miss rule or how does it work properly, shambles. <ok> :wave: