Topic locked

Re: China Open qualifying!!!

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:Well he says it cost him £13k so he did pay for it in a way

case if you really believed someone was guilty and said something like i couldnt have looked the other players in the eye wouldnt you have gone to the hearing and done all you could to insure the person involved got the punishment he deserved

thats what doesnt add up to me he didnt bother going to the hearing so he couldnt have felt that strongly about it

Postby GJ

selty wins 5-2

<cool>

next up lawler

Postby Wildey

Latest and Results

Atthasit Mahitthi 3-4 Michael White
Chris Norbury 3-2 Anda Zhang
Ben Woollaston 5-0 Andrew Norman
Matthew Selt 5-2 Mark Boyle

Noppadol Sangnil 4-2 Mei Xiwen
Daniel Wells 3-4 Joe Jogia
Patrick Wallace 4-1 Brendan O`Donoghue
Lee Spick 3-3 Ian Preece

Postby Casey

One thing that’s hard to get over is that there was no ref on the table....in matches that go to deciding who turns professional. Strange

Postby GJ

wild

what is your take on this case ?

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Sonny wrote:If GJ's supporting Selt then I'm supporting Woolaston as he practices with Selby. I've got no idea how well he plays and I think he's got ginger hair and I've seen him on a junior tv thing at one point but that may be someone else...

has wool head been on the tv stages of a ranking event <laugh>

Qualified for the Grand Prix in 2006

did he play hendo at the welsh a few years back ?

Checking my stats and he has qualified for Grandf Prix in 2006, 2007 and Welsh in 2007 where he lost to Hendry. Therefore he has had more success than the parakeet.

selt has more about him than woolerston who will never be nothing more than a jerneyman.

regarding parakeet id prefere to have players desparate to get on tour than some who couldnt give a buck and doesent try atleast selt if he did it was desparate to play and justifiable aswell because now he is starting to deliver what he knew he had.

Postby Alex0paul

case_master wc wrote:One thing that’s hard to get over is that there was no ref on the table....in matches that go to deciding who turns professional. Strange

They don't have refs until the quarters at PIOS. However there are usually roaming refs.

Postby Casey

Alex0paul wrote:
case_master wc wrote:One thing that’s hard to get over is that there was no ref on the table....in matches that go to deciding who turns professional. Strange

They don't have refs until the quarters at PIOS. However there are usually roaming refs.

:chin: Surly they could get some voluntary refs?

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

:chin: Surly they could get some voluntary refs?

wheres paddy when you need him lol

Postby Wildey

Results

Atthasit Mahitthi 4-5 Michael White
Chris Norbury 5-4 Anda Zhang
Noppadol Sangnil 4-5 Mei Xiwen
Daniel Wells 3-5 Joe Jogia
Patrick Wallace 5-2 Brendan O`Donoghue
Lee Spick 3-5 Ian Preece

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Results

Atthasit Mahitthi 4-5 Michael White
Chris Norbury 5-4 Anda Zhang
Noppadol Sangnil 4-5 Mei Xiwen
Daniel Wells 3-5 Joe Jogia
Patrick Wallace 5-2 Brendan O`Donoghue
Lee Spick 3-5 Ian Preece

Daniel Wells only seems to come alive for the Worlds qualies.

Postby NedB-H

wildJONESEYE wrote:regarding parakeet id prefere to have players desparate to get on tour than some who couldnt give a buck and doesent try atleast selt if he did it was desparate to play and justifiable aswell because now he is starting to deliver what he knew he had.

You'd rather have a willing parakeet on tour than someone who wanted to turn pro, but only whilst staying within the rules? :chin:

It doesn't look good, but nothing was confirmed about it so we just have to move on I guess. As usual the WPBSA come out of it looking worse than anyone.

Postby NedB-H

rocket_ron wrote:
NedB-H wrote:Anyhow - Paddy Wallace :D

i can remener him back in 2001wc he was awsome don't know what happened to him

think he dropped off the tour for a while after that... don't ever remember seeing him at any other tv stages of anything apart from then :redneck:

Ugliest man in snooker do we think?

Postby Rocket_ron

NedB-H wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
NedB-H wrote:Anyhow - Paddy Wallace :D

i can remener him back in 2001wc he was awsome don't know what happened to him

think he dropped off the tour for a while after that... don't ever remember seeing him at any other tv stages of anything apart from then :redneck:

Ugliest man in snooker do we think?

yes defo there bud

Postby Wildey

NedB-H wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:regarding parakeet id prefere to have players desparate to get on tour than some who couldnt give a buck and doesent try atleast selt if he did it was desparate to play and justifiable aswell because now he is starting to deliver what he knew he had.

You'd rather have a willing parakeet on tour than someone who wanted to turn pro, but only whilst staying within the rules? :chin:

It doesn't look good, but nothing was confirmed about it so we just have to move on I guess. As usual the WPBSA come out of it looking worse than anyone.

i did not say that .

i said its good that players want to play. i dont agree with going that step ferther to try and guarantee that but it shows how much he wanted it.

Postby Eirebilly

Paddy Wallace has been in some good form recently so its not suprising that he won today. It would be good to see make the final stages of a tournemennt though.

Postby NedB-H

wildJONESEYE wrote:i did not say that .

i said its good that players want to play. i dont agree with going that step ferther to try and guarantee that but it shows how much he wanted it.

maybe... I'm sure the others all wanted it as well tho, they just didn't want to parakeet

Postby Wildey

i have no doubt and if he did it he deserved to be punished but not on the same scale as Peter Francisco or Quinten Hann. he never attempted to fraud anyone it was just a personal desperation on his part to be a pro player.

Postby NedB-H

wildJONESEYE wrote:i have no doubt and if he did it he deserved to be punished but not on the same scale as Peter Francisco or Quinten Hann. he never attempted to fraud anyone it was just a personal desperation on his part to be a pro player.

disagree, if he did do it he would deserve all the punishment he got. It would've been cheating someone out of their place on the tour, which they would have earnt by right

Postby GJ

NedB-H wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i have no doubt and if he did it he deserved to be punished but not on the same scale as Peter Francisco or Quinten Hann. he never attempted to fraud anyone it was just a personal desperation on his part to be a pro player.

disagree, if he did do it he would deserve all the punishment he got. It would've been cheating someone out of their place on the tour, which they would have earnt by right

IF

is the key word <doh>

Postby GJ

a win tomorrow and selty is provisionally top 48 <cool>

Postby GJ

liu song 77th thats a surprise :chin:

Postby Eirebilly

GJtheaussiestud wrote:a win tomorrow and selty is provisionally top 48 <cool>

Selt is coming along nicely, I still feel he is a few years away from properly developing though.

Postby GJ

eirebilly wrote:

Selt is coming along nicely, I still feel he is a few years away from properly developing though.

no doubt billy he is still learning and is around the same age as jamie cope but if he finishes this season in the top 48 it will be very good progress.

If he reaches the crucible it would round off a very good season for him

Postby Eirebilly

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

no doubt billy he is still learning and is around the same age as jamie cope but if he finishes this season in the top 48 it will be very good progress.

If he reaches the crucible it would round off a very good season for him

I think he has the quality to make it to the crucible. It would do wonders for his confidence as well.