Post a reply

Re: Pankaj Advani

Postby Wildey

Obviously with success comes responsibility and you’ve got to do your bit as an ambassador for the sport in your country and be involved in as many promotional activities as you can, but I also feel it is the job of the national federation of each country to use their top players to promote the game in their region. But I will always support whatever promotional activities happen because I feel it is a duty to be involved in popularising the game.

could someone try and explain that to Ronnie he is only 37 and still not taken that in.

Postby Wildey

really enjoyed the insight of a player like Pankaj Advani that has two strings to his bow

and on that note

During the interview we touched on the clash of dates between the IBSF World Billiards Championships and the International Championship at the end of October. Pankaj was clearly in the midst of a dilemma at the time and didn’t know what was happening, however this subsequent article best sums up the current situation. No one reading this interview would blame him for choosing billiards this time around given his ties with the game, but at the same time you’re all secretly hoping he chooses snooker so we can get another look at him.

im hoping he chooses Snooker this time around because its the best thing for his career at this moment in time

yes he feels loyalty to billiards and that is a great trait to have he isnt a man that puts money in front of integrity but for me The Chance of playing Ding in china is a massive opportunity for him that i think he would be foolish to not take his place in the draw.

but ultimately the decision is his and nobody else.

Postby PLtheRef

He's picked the billiards

Postby ros.147

He has 18 world titles to his name now. What a player! What a talent! To me, he is better than Ronnie And Stephen.

Postby kolompar

Can't argue with that. Has even more world titles than Joe Davis :clap:

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Can't argue with that. Has even more world titles than Joe Davis :clap:

The new GOAT!

Postby TheSaviour

Seems like he has lost some further ground now. *3.

He is nowehere near good snooker player and cueist as Aditya Mehta is. He shouldn´t even try his luck anymore if he is no bothered at all to make it more spot on and fluent. I like him as a person but he´s just rubbish as a snooker player and as a cueists.

What surpises me is that when the people tell that they do belong to an "elite group" where the witz and the sense is everything but yet they still argue that there is no such thing as witz, a reality or a sense :mood: :sad: <doh> :lol: Somewhow that reminds me about Pankaj. But I do agree with those people that any given pecking order is better than no pecking order at all. That´s what they keeps on saying that their intuitions tells to them. Well that´s correct. But only a limited amount of things can be solved with intutions or just fluking things to "somewhere close".

But I take it he is tough competitor. They all are. Any given tournament is important, when maybe not a big or a major, but an important, because no-one want´s to lose a match. Well they could lose some matches but not to lose a match against THAT person or a player.. That´s what Pankaj also is made from.

They all are a selfish little p..... That´s why they need to copy something. Otherwise they wouldn´t even dare to walk in the streets. We all are that. But absolutely no need to make it so obvious.

But the game is always bigger than any given player. That´s why the value of the tournaments or the value of the different sports varies. What we see major now necessarly won´t be that much longer. And vice verca. So that´s why it is important that they don´t wan´t to lose a match. Just to keep it going and looking forward the unknown future. The game itself is the thing. Not what can be achieved via it. To me at least. To follow. To anticipate. Or to even at times to play. Some players just are a huge disgrace with who you don´t even wan´t to communicate with. Need to be innovative with them. But yet still trying to make the message obvious. (Get out of here, not interested at all).

So does the fortunes change. Some players who has never made it just so typical that they very soon throw in the towel. So typical. But that´s the great thing as a same time. Because they all are an inviduals where no group coaching or an organisations at all. So the future remains unknown and a promising. Many just keep on arguing that that or a that result wasn´t surprising at all but to them it always is. A very few can really anticipate things. That´s just via natural talent. Those who can´t but argue they can, can get away with it by just being clever. That´s a good thing also. Not all the things are but that is. Being just clever and to make it look good afterwards if not anything else then.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:What surpises me is that when the people tell that they do belong to an "elite group" where the witz and the sense is everything but yet they still argue that there is no such thing as witz,

KEBABS!