Topic locked

Re: Final Discussion!!

Postby GJ

moondan wrote:I will stick with Carter, he has won me a few quid this week.
He looks solid and the one who is improving with each match.

I cant see it being exciting, niether player has the charisma of a pair of week old kippers but they know their job so some frames will be tight but expect 9-5 to Carter.

<laugh> rofl

Postby Smart

Alex0paul wrote:As pointed out earlier again someone will win their second Welsh Open to continue the pattern of second time winners this season.

I love a good pattern me, thats why I have loads of patterned jumpers and shirts. :evilgrin:

Postby Smart

moondan wrote:I cant see it being exciting, niether player has the charisma of a pair of week old kippers but they know their job so some frames will be tight but expect 9-5 to Carter.

Snooker is always exciting from where I am sat - hence why I watch the game with a smile on my lovely face. :D :ahh: :D :ahh:

Postby Casey

excellent_rocketron wrote:seifers comment about the match

"Get Higgins in a first to 18 with Ronnie and we see who is the best ;)

Higgins is a great player but he basks in these little c**p matches with run of the ball.

O'Sullivan didn't play his best from what I have seen but must be happy with his performance and his progress to the Semi Final.

It wn't be long til Higgins has packed in and Higgins won't keep this form up for as long :)

Whatever anyone says, Higgins will never reach Ronnie's Major titles and they played from the same year."

http://www.break-off.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=25

rofl rofl

If Higgins wins the Worlds this year then his title haul holds more value than Ronnies

i.e Stevens has won two majors to Ken Doherty's 1, but obviously Kens is worth more. The person with the superior World Title count will always be the one with the superiority in terms of title winning. Obvious really.

Postby Lucky

Absolut bullocks..........speed and ambidexterity, those are the measures of TRUE greatness <ok>

AGENDA!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Casey

I also have to laugh about this crap Ronnie would win over the longer frames. Its been 5 years since Ronnie has beat John in anything higher than a best of 11.

In that time John has beat Ronnie in best of 25, 19 and 17. Hard luck, please try again.

Postby moondan

StalinESQ wrote:
moondan wrote:I cant see it being exciting, niether player has the charisma of a pair of week old kippers but they know their job so some frames will be tight but expect 9-5 to Carter.

Snooker is always exciting from where I am sat - hence why I watch the game with a smile on my lovely face. :D :ahh: :D :ahh:

I think there is exciting and exciting, but I know where your coming from.

I will love it :D

Postby Smart

moondan wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

I think there is exciting and exciting, but I know where your coming from.

I will love it :D

You are right - there are differing levels of excitement. For example last night was compelling viewing, whereas yesterday afternoon was interesting. Allen vs ROS was compelling viewing. But I do honestly find it always interesting and there is always a level of excitement, cos you just don't 100% know what you are gonna get. <ok>

Postby Roland

StalinESQ wrote:
excellent_rocketron wrote::stupid:

Still no sonny??

Its a big pile of photos. :wave:

:bird:

:redneck:

I'm here and I watched the action yesterday, just felt like a day off from the board. I enjoyed the Maguire match which I caught from 3-1 to Carter and loved that attempted escape which cost him 40 points. I wrote a comment on the Hendon blog this morning to express my thoughts at Maguire saying the rule should be changed.

Higgins v O'Sullivan was like Man U v Arsenal in terms of quality. Higgins is obviously one of the two players who is inside O'Sullivan's head (the other being Selby) because he played some poor shots from 4-3 to let Higgins capitalise. But Higgins is such a good player he'll win today. The way he came out in the first frame last night - O'Sullivan broke off, Higgins attacked a long red then attempted a very difficult green to yellow pocket from tight on the cushion for his second shot and very nearly got it. He must scare the rubbish out of his opponents at times!

Postby Casey

Higgins will win easy enough, Carter is not a quality player and imo is merely capitalising on the inconsistency of other players.

Postby GJ

come on john hggins

OLE OLE,JOHN HIGGINS FROM SCOTLAND! OLE OLE
OLE OLE,JOHN HIGGINS FROM SCOTLAND! OLE OLE OLE OLE,JOHN HIGGINS FROM SCOTLAND! OLE OLE
OLE OLE,JOHN HIGGINS FROM SCOTLAND! OLE OLE OLE OLE,JOHN HIGGINS FROM SCOTLAND! OLE OLE

:) :) <ok> <ok>

Postby Bourne

Carter Higgins will win today. Mark my words.
Last edited by Bourne on 31 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

excellent_rocketron wrote:afternoon everyone !! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

afternoon ron :wave: :wave:

Postby GJ

im shocked by this score

<laugh>

Postby onlyevertonjon

I honestly think Higgins could have caught Hendry's record of 7 if he maintained his appraoch to the the game after he first won the Worlds.

To be fair though if I was a millionnaire and had won the biggest prizes at least once I would have gone on the p!ss as well! rofl

Half of me admires Hendry's drive to do it year in year out but the other half thinks to be that good have you really had a life. I dont know its a hard one for me to call.

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:im shocked by this score

<laugh>

Just like R2 huh ? :chin:

Postby Rocket_ron

onlyevertonjon wrote:I honestly think Higgins could have caught Hendry's record of 7 if he maintained his appraoch to the the game after he first won the Worlds.

To be fair though if I was a millionnaire and had won the biggest prizes at least once I would have gone on the p!ss as well! rofl

Half of me admires Hendry's drive to do it year in year out but the other half thinks to be that good have you really had a life. I dont know its a hard one for me to call.

agreed, both higgins and williams went of the boil for a number of years, higgins 9 years between 1st and 2nd WC. Like you said evetonjohn if he maintained his approach he would have had 5 WC Now.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
excellent_rocketron wrote::stupid:

Still no sonny??

Its a big pile of photos. :wave:

:bird:

:redneck:

I'm here and I watched the action yesterday, just felt like a day off from the board. I enjoyed the Maguire match which I caught from 3-1 to Carter and loved that attempted escape which cost him 40 points. I wrote a comment on the Hendon blog this morning to express my thoughts at Maguire saying the rule should be changed.

Higgins v O'Sullivan was like Man U v Arsenal in terms of quality. Higgins is obviously one of the two players who is inside O'Sullivan's head (the other being Selby) because he played some poor shots from 4-3 to let Higgins capitalise. But Higgins is such a good player he'll win today. The way he came out in the first frame last night - O'Sullivan broke off, Higgins attacked a long red then attempted a very difficult green to yellow pocket from tight on the cushion for his second shot and very nearly got it. He must scare the rubbish out of his opponents at times!

dont worry i looked after your guests <laugh>

Higgins is flying this afternoon and im guessing seifer is fuming with every pot lol

Postby kostasmad

Thats a phenomenal performance by Higgins. If it was Ronnie, people would have talked again and again and again about the genius...