Topic locked

Re: Final Discussion!!

Postby Rocket_ron

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:mate far more tough than carter and the majority of todays players.....i honestly expect a 9-0 here.

mate players like selby , dong and robbo can trade big breaks with higgins and ronnie

players like carter just dont have the belief against the likesi of higgins and ronnie

ding Selby and Robbo flopped badly this week and theire belief or lack of it is starting to pass water me off.

its about time someone steps it up and bullies Ronnie and Higgins at pension age in to submission.

The UK is far more important than the Welsh.

Ding is hot and cold, He only won uk due to higgins being tired. higgins should have won UK and Robbo righty so won GP

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:wild

look at recent matches in ranking events and masters mate

ronnie 2-2 robbo

higgins 1-2 robbo

carter has never beaten either so to say all players of today cant compete with the big 2 is <laugh>

<laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

look at recent matches in ranking events and masters mate

ronnie 2-2 robbo

higgins 1-2 robbo

carter has never beaten either so to say all players of today cant compete with the big 2 is <laugh>

Robbo is the next golden boy, carter is lucky to be in this final

Postby GJ

excellent_rocketron wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:mate far more tough than carter and the majority of todays players.....i honestly expect a 9-0 here.

mate players like selby , dong and robbo can trade big breaks with higgins and ronnie

players like carter just dont have the belief against the likesi of higgins and ronnie

ding Selby and Robbo flopped badly this week and theire belief or lack of it is starting to pass water me off.

its about time someone steps it up and bullies Ronnie and Higgins at pension age in to submission.

Ding is hot and cold, He only won uk due to higgins being tired. higgins should have won UK and Robbo righty so won GP

wild always says tiredness is so excuse so ding won that fair and square <cool>

Postby NedB-H

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Higgins and O'Sullivan have performed well in both

Postby Bourne

NedB-H wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Higgins and O'Sullivan have performed well in both

I'm not saying they haven't.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

doesent matter what the bucking tournament to earn a reputation you got to keep it going not being a 1 hit wander then going to sleep for a bit....

Higgins reaching semi finals at will because players do not step it up.its about bucking time they do.

Postby GJ

Carter is now similar to maguire he can beat all players outside of the top 2 but when he faces ronnie or higgins he rolls over to his master's <laugh>

carter = flat track bully

Postby NedB-H

Bourne wrote:I'm not saying they haven't.

Good :selby:

The difference between Higgins and Ronnie, and the rest, is those two produce this sort of snooker tournament after tournament. Everyone else can do this once or twice a season, but no one has done it nonstop for the past 5 years like these two.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

doesent matter what the intercoursing tournament to earn a reputation you got to keep it going not being a 1 hit wander then going to sleep for a bit....

Higgins reaching semi finals at will because players do not step it up.its about intercoursing time they do.

Ding isn't a one-hit wonder <laugh>

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

doesent matter what the bucking tournament to earn a reputation you got to keep it going not being a 1 hit wander then going to sleep for a bit....

Higgins reaching semi finals at will because players do not step it up.its about bucking time they do.

what nonsense semi'sare no better than 2nd round loss

1 man wins the title

a winner will be as gutted with a semi loss as they would be with a 2nd round loss

Postby Rocket_ron

NedB-H wrote:

The difference between Higgins and Ronnie, and the rest, is those two produce this sort of snooker tournament after tournament. Everyone else can do this once or twice a season, but no one has done it nonstop for the past 5 years like these two.

Agreed :excited:

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

doesent matter what the intercoursing tournament to earn a reputation you got to keep it going not being a 1 hit wander then going to sleep for a bit....

Higgins reaching semi finals at will because players do not step it up.its about intercoursing time they do.

1 man wins the title

a winner will be as gutted with a semi loss as they would be with a 2nd round loss

That's the one good thing about you aussies, you have a winning attitude. spot on

Postby onlyevertonjon

Im undecided about the tiredness argument myself. I can imagine being flat the next day because of the intensity of the night before even if it is a final. However I would believe it more if it was Higgins who came from 8-2 down to win but it was Ronnie doing all the running the night before. I still think ROS would have won the next day, he always seems to recover well.

For me Ding played better than John on the day and won. Playing better than him over two or days at the moment is a different story.

Postby NedB-H

excellent_rocketron wrote:
NedB-H wrote:

Agreed :excited:

:love:

Have to admit though, this is ridiculously good from Higgins today

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

5-0

So much for all these claims that " It's harder for players to win titles nowadays "

Yeah it's harderif you're journey pros like Carter , McGuire , Day and the other also rans

Postby Roland

One of those moments that will stay with me forever was watching John Higgins at the Crucible last year. He just looks class the moment he gets down in his address position. His elbow doesn't point directly up, it's sort of half way between upright and Joe Swail but his action is so solid.

During the semi-final against Allen and me my mate after a couple of beers were cheeky enough to get a couple of frames in from the box seat above the table and Higgins was murdering the table. We were just looking at each other and grinning because we knew we were seeing an all time great at the peak of his powers. I snuck a video clip with my mobile (the same day as that ill-feted footage of us outside the Crucible) which I'll put up later to show you the view. Best seat in the house by a mile.

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

1 man wins the title

more semis you reach better chance of making finals and getting tournos.....players has to start thinking like a champion and not ohhh well i won this now i can relax for a while thats a losers attitude and being happy with what you got instead of going after more and more and more.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

1 man wins the title

more semis you reach better chance of making finals and getting tournos.....players has to start thinking like a champion and not ohhh well i won this now i can relax for a while thats a losers attitude and being happy with what you got instead of going after more and more and more.

Does that mean Hendry is one of the biggest losers on tour ?

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote: I snuck a video clip with my mobile (the same day as that ill-feted footage of us outside the Crucible) which I'll put up later to show you the view. Best seat in the house by a mile.

please do

Postby GJ

wild

Wouldyou agree higgins played as good as this in the grand prix semi only his opponent that day could trade big breaks and 1 visit snooker with higgins

Postby Wildey

yes now he is ....

Postby Bourne

Wouldyou agree higgins played as good as this in the grand prix semi only his opponent that day could trade big breaks and 1 visit snooker with higgins

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

point is players relax after winning a tournament these days by getting in their mind they done theire job..

they havent they won 1 tournament file it and move on to winning the next.

Ding after his uk win has been marmite to put it mildly.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:

point is players relax after winning a tournament these days by getting in their mind they done theire job..

Ding after his uk win has been marmite to put it mildly.

all i wanted was a yes or no answer <cool>

Postby NedB-H

were Robbo and Higgins both at this level in the GP - Yes.

were they both at that level in this tourney - No.

<cool>

Postby GJ

NedB-H wrote:

were Robbo and Higgins both at this level in the GP - Yes.

were they both at that level in this tourney - No.

<cool>

agreed

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Ding after his uk win has been nail clippings to put it mildly.

Lost to the champ at Wembley and had his only bad match of the season in Newport. He is human !