Topic locked

Re: Final Discussion!!

Postby Wildey

this is how John played in the 90s.

he is the only player ever when he was playing Hendry. i never expected Hendry to get back to the table.

Postby onlyevertonjon

excellent_rocketron wrote:can i change my prediction to 9-2 higgins

2 to carter is generous at the moment.

Whoever has just said if this was Ronnie people would be going mad is spot on and yet John throws these performances in more consistently.

Postby onlyevertonjon

wildJONESEYE wrote:this is how John played in the 90s.

he is the only player ever when he was playing Hendry. i never expected Hendry to get back to the table.

Was it the UK in 96 that Hendry won against Higgins from 9-8 down to 10-9 win?

I seem to remember Hendry could do nothing about going to 9-8 down then poor Higgins never got a shot in the last two frames. Great stuff.

Postby GJ

the problem with certain players is their attitude the comments carter and maguire made after the match yesterday suggests they are beaten before facing the likes of ronnie and higgins

But players like selby , ding and robbo face up to ronnie and higgins and believe they can beat them

<cool>
Last edited by GJ on 31 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

excellent_rocketron wrote:4-0 rofl rofl rofl carter you suck

how can he suck if hes hardly had a shot ?

1st Session: 128(95)-0, 101(101)-1, 78(71)-24, 137(137)-0

the 24 in frame 3 came after he needed snookers

Postby Rocket_ron

onlyevertonjon wrote:

Whoever has just said if this was Ronnie people would be going mad is spot on and yet John throws these performances in more consistently.

Agreed John higging is alot more consistent, Higgins is the compleate player

Postby onlyevertonjon

excellent_rocketron wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:

Agreed John higging is alot more consistent, Higgins is the compleate player

I really hope its him and ROS in the final of the Worlds. A rematch from 2001 would be grand!

Postby Wildey

onlyevertonjon wrote:

I seem to remember Hendry could do nothing about going to 9-8 down then poor Higgins never got a shot in the last two frames. Great stuff.

hendry did extreamly well just to hold on to his coattails in that match then at 9-8 hendry defined 1 chance snooker with Higgins having 2 shots in the final 2 frames 1 was a break off as hendry made back to back centuries.

Postby Bourne

Some people really don't have a clue.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:

hendry did extreamly well just to hold on to his coattails in that match then at 9-8 hendry defined 1 chance snooker with Higgins having 2 shots in the final 2 frames 1 was a break off as hendry made back to back centuries.

alot of 90's players must have had a defeatist attitude then

Postby Rocket_ron

the thing is with higgins he plays like a machine, which ok gets you results but he lacks the flair of ronnie, robbo williams

Postby Wildey

mate far more tough than carter and the majority of todays players.....i honestly expect a 9-0 here.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:mate far more tough than carter and the majority of todays players.....i honestly expect a 9-0 here.

mate players like selby , dong and robbo can trade big breaks with higgins and ronnie

players like carter just dont have the belief against the likesi of higgins and ronnie

Postby onlyevertonjon

Hendry probably did have half the people beaten before he had broke off such was his dominance

ROS has a similair fear factor but not as great as Hendry's!

Postby GJ

higgins is playing as well today as he did in the grand prix semi him and robbo traded big breaks and it was 1 visit snooker excep tfor the decider

so anyone who says this form of higgins is unbeatable is talking rubbish <cool>

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:mate far more tough than carter and the majority of todays players.....i honestly expect a 9-0 here.

mate players like selby , dong and robbo can trade big breaks with higgins and ronnie

players like carter just dont have the belief against the likesi of higgins and ronnie

<ok>

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

ding Selby and Robbo flopped badly this week and theire belief or lack of it is starting to snake hiss me off.

its about time someone steps it up and bullies Ronnie and Higgins at pension age in to submission.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

ding Selby and Robbo flopped badly this week and theire belief or lack of it is starting to pass water me off.

its about time someone steps it up and bullies Ronnie and Higgins at pension age in to submission.

The UK is far more important than the Welsh.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

ding Selby and Robbo flopped badly this week and theire belief or lack of it is starting to snake hiss me off.

i admit robbo was poor this week but you are conveniently forgetting robbo going toe to toe with higgins and winning at the grand prix <cool>

Postby GJ

wild

look at recent matches in ranking events and masters mate

ronnie 2-2 robbo

higgins 1-2 robbo

carter has never beaten either so to say all players of today cant compete with the big 2 is <laugh>

Postby GJ

pathetic miss <laugh>