Topic locked

Re: Semi Final Discussion!!

Postby Alex0paul

It must be said Maguire has done well not to smash his cue up here.

Carter pisses me off so much.

Postby Wildey

excellent_rocketron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Big Petes glasses perched half way down his nose are very annoying. I will be writing to WSA to complain - first thing Monday morning, after I have clipped my nails and sunk a nice moccachino. I urge all fellow snooker fans to do the same. His glasses are a disgrace. <ok>

do you mean the ref?

LOL

Postby NedB-H

Alex0paul wrote:It must be said Maguire has done well not to smash his cue up here.

Carter pisses me off so much.

not like he has the best temperament anyway

this is getting ridiculous

Postby NedB-H

boris_the_butcher wrote:carter's done nothing wrong here, mags is being stubborn and showing a lack of tactical nous by sticking with that shot for so long.

more bad luck really, it's the right shot and he's missed it both sides

there we go. :)

Postby Wildey

smart

while you complaighning about williamson specs just put a note in saying THIS bucking MISS RULE IS marmite.

when you get close to the object ball its not a bucking miss. are these ref and rule makers to bucking thick to grasp the idea of snooker.

Postby Alex0paul

How many more times is Carter going to get away with it!

Postby Alex0paul

excellent_rocketron wrote:this miss rule needs looking at. sometimes its not fair

It was always a miss as the black was easier coming off one cushion.

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:
excellent_rocketron wrote:this miss rule needs looking at. sometimes its not fair

well true

Postby Smart

onlyevertonjon wrote:That was a miss because he had an easier black to hit.

agreed, but he was trying his damndest to hit the green and was missing by fractions - the rule should have some sort of fairness attributed to the striker not just the non-striker IMHO.

Anyhow, Carter just blobbed. Lots of misses in this frame.............

Postby Alex0paul

What a miss on the Black! Come on Maguire, please rule out all possibility of a Carter/O'Sullivan final

Postby NedB-H

StalinESQ wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:That was a miss because he had an easier black to hit.

agreed, but he was trying his damndest to hit the green and was missing by fractions - the rule should have some sort of fairness attributed to the striker not just the non-striker IMHO.

Anyhow, Carter just blobbed. Lots of misses in this frame.............

But if he leaves the white in baulk after a foul, it's safer than if he'd hit the black, so he gets an advantage out of playing for the foul

Postby onlyevertonjon

Alex0paul wrote:What a miss on the Black! Come on Maguire, please rule out all possibility of a Carter/O'Sullivan final

why dont you want that final mate.

Whoever wins tonight will walk tomorrow, (thats if it isnt 5-1 to Higgins only for Ronnie to pull it back to 5-5 and then Higgins gets over the line only to still be suffering from shell shock in the final) <laugh>

Postby Alex0paul

onlyevertonjon wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:What a miss on the Black! Come on Maguire, please rule out all possibility of a Carter/O'Sullivan final

Whoever wins tonight will walk tomorrow, (thats if it isnt 5-1 to Higgins only for Ronnie to pull it back to 5-5 and then Higgins gets over the line only to still be suffering from shell shock in the final) <laugh>

Becuase Carter's record against O'Sullivan is so pathetic it won't be worth watching. Something like 16-0 to O'Sullivan. Plus neither player I like.

Postby onlyevertonjon

Alex0paul wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:

Becuase Carter's record against O'Sullivan is so pathetic it won't be worth watching. Something like 16-0 to O'Sullivan. Plus neither player I like.

You could say Carter is due one then. :)

Shame tonight isnt the final. Always a good match Ronnie vs John.

Postby NedB-H

StalinESQ wrote:Ned :)

I know the rules mate. <ok>

I also happen to think that they are interpreted to the degree whereby there is an imbalance of fairness.

My opinion. :wave:

I think it would be unfair the other way :) Fair enough

Maguire got a nice run of the balls there, think its the first time that's happened all match

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:

lucky for us then Higgins will be in the final <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Carter annoys me because he gives it the big bravardo about how good he is then it comes to O'Sullivan and he plays like pear

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:

doesent matter in the real word..... hitting the black would mean lose the frame that is not the object of snooker losing frames to a nothing shot.

Postby onlyevertonjon

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:

O'Sullivan owes Higgins one. ROS is at his best when he has a point to prove. The two ranking meetings could have gone either way. I'm really looking forward to it, best match up in snooker today.

Postby Smart

NedB-H wrote:carter has no bottle, hes shown that this frame. that's why he never performs against ronnie

I think he has some bottle - for instance he has won a ranking event, has made a televised 147..... those feats alone require bottle.

So what if he has a mental block against ROS. Not a criminal offence, he tries his best and who knows perhaps he will beat him, perhaps he wont - Carter is a fine player. <ok>

Postby Wildey

onlyevertonjon wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:

O'Sullivan owes Higgins one. ROS is at his best when he has a point to prove. The two ranking meetings could have gone either way. I'm really looking forward to it, best match up in snooker today.

no disrespect but if we want a decent final higgins has to win.....

Carter or maguire recently collapses as soon as ronnie walks through the door.

Postby onlyevertonjon

no disrespect but if we want a decent final higgins has to win.....

Carter or maguire recently collapses as soon as ronnie walks through the door.[/quote]

I think whoever wins tonight will walk away with it tomorrow. Ihave kept saying it this week but I think that talk of players catching Higgins/O'Sullivan is exaggerated.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Carter or maguire recently collapses as soon as ronnie walks through the door.

you lot are all doom-mongers.

Remember Taylor beating Davis from 0-8, Davis beating ROS from 4-8, do I need to go on........ fookin hell, never say never. <ok>

:wave: :wave: