Topic locked

Re: Semi Final Discussion!!

Postby Alex0paul

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Carter or maguire recently collapses as soon as ronnie walks through the door.

you lot are all doom-mongers.

Remember Taylor beating Davis from 0-8, Davis beating ROS from 4-8, do I need to go on........ fookin hell, never say never. <ok>

:wave: :wave:

At least they had beaten them before they played unlike Carter.

Postby Smart

Alex0paul wrote:
At least they had beaten them before they played unlike Carter.

But they had to win for a first time ......... I don't write it off as a bad final just cos Carter has a shokcing HTH vs ROS. That is a view I do not go for. <ok>

:wave:

Postby Alex0paul

Oliver Hines needs to be led out the back and be put out of his misery.

Postby Alex0paul

StalinESQ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Oliver Hines needs to be led out the back and be put out of his misery.

I dont follow. :huh:

Some of the utter garbage he has come out with this week is inexcusable

Postby Bourne

Congrats Carter. Not bad for a guy who's not as good as the world number 28.
Last edited by Bourne on 30 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:Congrats Carter. Not bad for a guy who's not as good as the world number 25.

Stephen Lee is a pretty decent player to be fair

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:What does Lee have to do with it ?!

He is the world number 25 ;)

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Carter or maguire recently collapses as soon as ronnie walks through the door.

you lot are all doom-mongers.

Remember Taylor beating Davis from 0-8, Davis beating ROS from 4-8, do I need to go on........ fookin hell, never say never. <ok>

:wave: :wave:

i never say never when Hendry 8-0 down in a best of 17 however at 0-0 in a final Ronnie v Carter i say NEVER with a capital N

Postby Wildey

Ronnie used to be a friend of carter however i think its not like that anymore lol

he was pretty scathing on ronnie talking bolloxx and saying he should find something else to do <laugh> .....

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Ronnie used to be a friend of carter however i think its not like that anymore lol

he was pretty scathing on ronnie talking bolloxx and saying he should find something else to do <laugh> .....

yes I believe there is no love lost anymore..... that is life and is pretty much predictable if a guy gets beat time after time, and some were hard to take defeats (NIT sticks in my mind). <ok>

I still dont buy the foregone conclusion theory. Yes, ROS would be massive favourite but snooker is always a 2 horse race, with luck and form to throw into the mix........

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Postby Wildey

all i hope is whatever happens tomorrow Carter shows some balls.

Postby Bourne

Give him some credit wild, how many people thought he'd make the finals ?

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

excellent_rocketron wrote:
Bourne wrote:Who's gona win tonight, folks ?

I'm going for ronnie 6-4

So am I

But it's a pity Higgins and O'Sullivan are in the same half of the draw . Sometimes the seedings can throw up unfairness where the best players meet each other in one half and the also rans are in the other . This year's Welsh Open is a good example

Postby Eirebilly

I really hope that John Higgins wins tonight. Good break by him in the first frame but Ronnie is in and you would back against him clearing up here.

Postby Eirebilly

That was some clearence by Ronnie to take the first frame given the position of the reds.
As much as i want Higgins to win, i cant see past Ronnie here tonight.

Postby Eirebilly

The wife has control of the remote so i can only catch glimpses of the match during commercial breaks :innocent:

Postby Rocket_ron

eirebilly wrote:The wife has control of the remote so i can only catch glimpses of the match during commercial breaks :innocent:

same with me,wifes watching "the goodlife" on gold, do what i'm doing watch it on bbc website