Topic locked

Re: Semi Final Discussion!!

Postby Alex0paul

Come on Stephen! Good chance to push further away from Murphy on the GOAT list

Postby Alex0paul

Is it on channel 301? Its just my red button wont load on my TV with Virgin Media and now the website says the broadcast has ended ffs. Anyone else in the same situation?

Postby Rocket_ron

seems most people not bothered about the carter-maguire match, I would imagine that tonight when its O'sullivan-higgins this place is gonna be buzzing

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:Is it on channel 301? Its just my red button wont load on my TV with Virgin Media and now the website says the broadcast has ended ffs. Anyone else in the same situation?

i dont think its on red button. if you have sky then its on bbc wales 991 or it will be on eurosport. failing that it will be streamed online on bbc website or on here: http://www.fromsport.com/

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:Is it on channel 301? Its just my red button wont load on my TV with Virgin Media and now the website says the broadcast has ended ffs. Anyone else in the same situation?

also looked up it doesn't start till 1:30

Postby Alex0paul

It is on the red button like it has been since 2005. I didn't realise it was 1330 not 1300

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:It is on the red button like it has been since 2005. I didn't realise it was 1330 not 1300

sorry i thought that only GP, UK, Masters, WC were on red button all others were on either eurosport or regional chanels

Postby Alex0paul

excellent_rocketron wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:It is on the red button like it has been since 2005. I didn't realise it was 1330 not 1300

sorry i thought that only GP, UK, Masters, WC were on red button all others were on either eurosport or regional chanels

They showed the semis and the final which is strange when they could have had the whole event.

Amazing that it is only Maguire and Carter's second meeting and first since 2000.

Postby NedB-H

wonder if Barry Hearn can fix the problem of not starting on time? Rob Walker just started his waffling 8 minutes after the scheduled start of play :wild2:

Postby Alex0paul

Why is Carter in the second chair if he is the number 1 seed? Same happened at last years Masters final and I bet the same will happen tonight.

Postby Rocket_ron

NedB-H wrote:wonder if Barry Hearn can fix the problem of not starting on time? Rob Walker just started his waffling 8 minutes after the scheduled start of play :wild2:

I know he winds me up

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:Why is Carter in the second chair if he is the number 1 seed? Same happened at last years Masters final and I bet the same will happen tonight.

Good Spot, I wonder if where you sit is based on your actual world ranking instead of seeding? prehaps someone more knowledgable will clear this up

Postby Wildey

the miss rule has got to change.

Maguire got close to a red on his 2nd attempt. that should have been it but peter williamson kept calling bloody miss and handed the frame to carter while carter was sitting on his ass.

Latest

Stephen Maguire 1-3 Ali Carter

Postby Wildey

wildJONESEYE wrote:Latest

Stephen Maguire 1-3 Ali Carter

and then 2 frames later

Stephen Maguire 2-4 Ali Carter

with maguire at the table in frame 7 8-0 up

Postby Alex0paul

Ridiculous run of the ball for Carter there.

Postby Wildey

must be said carter having the run of the ball

Postby Smart

Big Petes glasses perched half way down his nose are very annoying. I will be writing to WSA to complain - first thing Monday morning, after I have clipped my nails and sunk a nice moccachino. I urge all fellow snooker fans to do the same. His glasses are a disgrace. <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:Big Petes glasses perched half way down his nose are very annoying. I will be writing to WSA to complain - first thing Monday morning, after I have clipped my nails and sunk a nice moccachino. I urge all fellow snooker fans to do the same. His glasses are a disgrace. <ok>

do you mean the ref?