Topic locked

Re: Semi Final Discussion!!

Postby Casey

Higgins <cool> <cool>

Good game thats 4-1 Higgins this season. In ranking events Higgins leads Ronnie 14-6.

Also this season John Higgins is the ONLY player to beat Ronnie in ranking events :scared:

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:Higgins <cool> <cool>

Good game thats 4-1 Higgins this season. In ranking events Higgins leads Ronnie 14-6.

Also this season John Higgins is the ONLY player to beat Ronnie in ranking events :scared:

john is the best player in the world nobody can even start to say otherwise at the moment.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Higgins <cool> <cool>

john is the best player in the world nobody can even start to say otherwise at the moment.

He needs to win a tournament soon though, otherwise we can't honestly say he's having a better season than Ding.

Postby onlyevertonjon

My interpretation (sp?)

Very close match. Both players played great stuff at times. Frame 8 swung it John's way for me. Ronnie should have screwed off pack rather than run through. John twice could have left easier pots of poor safety's but never.

John punished Ronnie's mistakes. Ronnie never punished John's. John had run of the ball, (esp frame 8) think that shocked Ronnie a bit. Very unforunate to go in off after a great recovery pot.

John is the best in the World at closing matches out and is bettered overall only by Hendry. Just hope Ali gives him a game tomorrow.

Postby Wildey

Best = consistent.

Ding = up and down

yes he wants to win but he is tearing up every venue (masters aside) with some great snooker sorry but ding isnt.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Best = consistent.

Ding = up and down

yes he wants to win but he is tearing up every venue (masters aside) with some great snooker sorry but ding isnt.

Consistent yes, best this season ? Not quite, but definiely top 2.

Postby Sickpotter

Well played John :ahh:

What've the bookies got the Higgins/Carter match at? Surely Higgins must be a heavy favorite.

Postby onlyevertonjon

Bourne wrote:

Ding = up and down

The best two players in the World have just played each other. At the moment John is the better of the two. A fact that O'Sullivan has said for over 12 months but people dismiss what he says as rubbish.

Postby Bourne

sickpotter wrote:Well played John :ahh:

What've the bookies got the Higgins/Carter match at? Surely Higgins must be a heavy favorite.

1.47 vs 3.1

Postby Wildey

Ding this season with 2 finals is defanatly top 4 along with Higgins,Ronnie and GJ's mate Robbo but Ding and Robbo lacking consistancy needed to put the fear of god in to players.

going to china players wont fear Ding and Robbo based on this week however John and Ronnie they will be weary of them 2.

Postby Rocket_ron

Bourne wrote:

Ding = up and down

I will update my rolling ranks after final then we can see who is doing well

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Ding this season with 2 finals is defanatly top 4 along with Higgins,Ronnie and GJ's mate Robbo but Ding and Robbo lacking consistancy needed to put the fear of god in to players.

going to china players wont fear Ding and Robbo based on this week however John and Ronnie they will be weary of them 2.

I'm not talking about fear of god nonsense lol, i'm saying Ding's results have been harder hitting than anyone else, reaching the final of the 2nd biggest ranking tournament so far this year and winning the biggest, as well as reaching another quarter.

Postby GJ

excellent_rocketron wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Ding = up and down

my rankings page is more accurate

<cool>

Postby Casey

onlyevertonjon wrote:My interpretation (sp?)

Very close match. Both players played great stuff at times. Frame 8 swung it John's way for me. Ronnie should have screwed off pack rather than run through. John twice could have left easier pots of poor safety's but never.

John punished Ronnie's mistakes. Ronnie never punished John's. John had run of the ball, (esp frame 8) think that shocked Ronnie a bit. Very unforunate to go in off after a great recovery pot.

John is the best in the World at closing matches out and is bettered overall only by Hendry. Just hope Ali gives him a game tomorrow.

John was very unlucky in frame 7 when he split the reds and only had a tricky red into the middle. It was a good match and I think on the balance teh best all round player won. Both are cuing well, but its still a while before the worlds so the other players have a chance to get to that level

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:My interpretation (sp?)

John was very unlucky in frame 7 when he split the reds and only had a tricky red into the middle. It was a good match and I think on the balance teh best all round player won. Both are cuing well, but its still a while before the worlds so the other players have a chance to get to that level

we all know only ronnie gets the bad luck

<laugh> ;)

Postby onlyevertonjon

John was very unlucky in frame 7 when he split the reds and only had a tricky red into the middle. It was a good match and I think on the balance teh best all round player won. Both are cuing well, but its still a while before the worlds so the other players have a chance to get to that level[/quote]

I think they can BOTH play better than that which is scary. i hope we do get a few more getting to that level tonight. However if they both hit top form for Sheffield there is nothing down for the rest of the field cos thankfully they are kept apart till the final and cant take each other out.

Postby Wildey

onlyevertonjon

quoting posts isnt a strong point is it lol

Postby GJ

onlyevertonjon wrote:John was very unlucky in frame 7 when he split the reds and only had a tricky red into the middle. It was a good match and I think on the balance teh best all round player won. Both are cuing well, but its still a while before the worlds so the other players have a chance to get to that level

I think they can BOTH play better than that which is scary. i hope we do get a few more getting to that level tonight. However if they both hit top form for Sheffield there is nothing down for the rest of the field cos thankfully they are kept apart till the final and cant take each other out.[/quote]

higgins was at his best in the grand prix semi <cool>

and there has only been 1 frame separating higgins and robbo this season so its hardly a 2 horse race for sheffield

Postby onlyevertonjon

wildJONESEYE wrote:onlyevertonjon

I take a lot of quotes out so as to not have half the page taken up by previous posts <ok>

Postby Wildey

onlyevertonjon wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:onlyevertonjon

I take a lot of quotes out so as to not have half the page taken up by previous posts <ok>

i know mate i had same trouble at start it takes time to get used to it

Postby onlyevertonjon

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:John was very unlucky in frame 7 when he split the reds and only had a tricky red into the middle. It was a good match and I think on the balance teh best all round player won. Both are cuing well, but its still a while before the worlds so the other players have a chance to get to that level

I think they can BOTH play better than that which is scary. i hope we do get a few more getting to that level tonight. However if they both hit top form for Sheffield there is nothing down for the rest of the field cos thankfully they are kept apart till the final and cant take each other out.

and there has only been 1 frame separating higgins and robbo this season so its hardly a 2 horse race for sheffield[/quote]

At the moment I think its Higgins' to lose. I like Robertson but I'm not buying into this 6 to 7 field that some are suggesting.

Postby GJ

onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

and there has only been 1 frame separating higgins and robbo this season so its hardly a 2 horse race for sheffield

At the moment I think its Higgins' to lose. I like Robertson but I'm not buying into this 6 to 7 field that some are suggesting.[/quote]

i think there are only 3 who can challenge the top 2 at the worlds this year

robbo
selby
ding

Postby onlyevertonjon

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

At the moment I think its Higgins' to lose. I like Robertson but I'm not buying into this 6 to 7 field that some are suggesting.

i think there are only 3 who can challenge the top 2 at the worlds this year

robbo
selby
ding[/quote]

Dont get me wrong they'll challenge but Ronnie and John have to be beaten by two different guys if neither are to appear in to appear in the final. The last time that happened was the Welsh Open last year!

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Ding = up and down

<cool>

:sad:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Ding = up and down

<cool>

:sad:

:D :wave: <ok> :D ;) <cool>

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:
Iranu wrote:Can Higgins and O'Sullivan meet in the world final?

Yes, number 1 and 2 seeds

OH yeah I forgot Higgins won it last year. <doh>