Poll ended at 30 Jan 2010

Ronnie O'Sullivan
50%
Mark Allen
50%

Total votes : 8

Allen V O'Sullivan

Postby Casey

There are some excellent match up's in this years QF's with a Varity of players going on different paths in their career. The big one for me is Ronnie v Mark, last April Allen did something not many have done and come from behind in the last session to beat O'Sullivan at the Worlds.

Mark was at the top of his game then, full of confidence and playing some quality stuff. This season started off well for him when he won his first pro title, however some personal problems and a dip in form and he has went slightly backwards. This is a big match for Mark, he has been winning on his B game this week so far but that wont be good enough against Ronnie.

O'Sullivan has coasted through so far, but Ronnie will start to play better now we are in the later stages of the tournament and he will no doubt want to teach Allen a lesson. I also believe Ronnie will have one eye on the match between Higgins and Selby, John has beaten Ronnie a few times this season and we all know the story with Selby.

Ronnie will want a match with either of them two, so I hate to say it but I expect him to come out on top today. Mark's play so far this week will not be enough to beat O'Sullivan, he will have to improve, of course he has a chance but there is always pressure playing Ronnie. Here's hoping. :pres:

Thoughts on the match?

Re: Allen V O'Sullivan

Postby GJ

Mark will win this he is in great form and wont be bullied by ronald

<cool>

Postby Roland

I'm going for Allen this time. He proved in Sheffield he has the nerve to beat him so hopefully he can do it again.

Do you remember after Sheffield O'Sullivan made out Allen didn't play well to beat him? Spot any patterns? rofl

Postby Casey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:Mark will win this he is in great form and wont be bullied by ronald

<cool>

Yep he wont be bullied but unless he improves his form he will be outclassed

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:Mark will win this he is in great form and wont be bullied by ronald

<cool>

Yep he wont be bullied but unless he improves his form he will be outclassed

have to disagree his match yesterday was quality stevens missed 1 pot in the balls in the whole match and made 2 centuries mark missed nothing and was cueing well he is playing as well as he did at the crucible

Postby Casey

The best way to get in against Ronnie is to leave him a few long ones, if he misses a few early on his confidence should dip.

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:The best way to get in against Ronnie is to leave him a few long ones, if he misses a few early on his confidence should dip.

in all but 1 of the frames cope was in the balls and missed a sitter each time

mark will win this match <cool>

Postby GJ

allen is no cope people will see at the end of this match how good this kid is

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:allen is no cope people will see at the end of this match how good this kid is

Ronnie likes to beat people up who have done him over in the past. Allen fits the bill today and revenge will be on the menu for ROS. I like watching them both but still have to be fully convinced about Allen. He seems to pot a lot of dirty balls. Watch closely - and a high percentage of the shots he makes do not go in clean.

Looking forward to this, should be cracking. <ok>

Postby Casey

I am at home today so I am going be able to see the whole match. Starting to get excited, come on mark :D :D :excited:

Postby Roland

OK cool, that means you'll have time to get some more badger names :redneck:

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:allen is no cope people will see at the end of this match how good this kid is

Ronnie likes to beat people up who have done him over in the past. Allen fits the bill today and revenge will be on the menu for ROS. I like watching them both but still have to be fully convinced about Allen. He seems to pot a lot of dirty balls. Watch closely - and a high percentage of the shots he makes do not go in clean.

Looking forward to this, should be cracking. <ok>

good point actually i remember when robbo done ronnie twice in the 2007 seaosn ronnie won their 3rd match at the worlds that season

good luck allen