Topic locked

Re: Welsh Open Last 32 and Last 16 Discussion!!

Postby Sickpotter

Ebbo whitewashed....I think it's pretty safe to say he'll be gone from the top 16 barring some amazing results at the WC or something.

He's certainly a fraction of the player he was a few years back. I'm guessing he's spending more time with family and other interests, anyone know?

I had heard of some financial problems but nothing concrete.

Postby Alex0paul

sickpotter wrote:Ebbo whitewashed....I think it's pretty safe to say he'll be gone from the top 16 barring some amazing results at the WC or something.

He's certainly a fraction of the player he was a few years back. I'm guessing he's spending more time with family and other interests, anyone know?

He split with his wife in late 2008 so maybe that still has something to do with it.

Postby Lucky

Alex0paul wrote:
sickpotter wrote:Ebbo whitewashed....I think it's pretty safe to say he'll be gone from the top 16 barring some amazing results at the WC or something.

He split with his wife in late 2008 so maybe that still has something to do with it.

He's probably enjoying life out on the razz with the lads <laugh>

Postby Roland

He's always been pretty rubbish in best of 9 tournaments though. It's never a surprise when he gets whitewashed like it's not a surprise if he then goes to the next tournament and wins it.

Postby Bourne

As pointed out by someone earlier, Hawkins does have a strong HTH record over him, something in that match-up that Hawkins really likes.

Postby Bourne

case_master wc wrote:This guy Evans is a complete idiot, Terry Griffiths is just stopping short of telling him to shut up and stop talking crap

Seconded, making me bucking angry to be honest.

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:
case_master wc wrote:This guy Evans is a complete idiot, Terry Griffiths is just stopping short of telling him to shut up and stop talking crap

He is awful. The first question he asked Ali Carter after winning last year was "Tell us about your flying."

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:What are the other scores?

Matthew Stevens 4-4 Barry Pinches
Neil Robertson 5-2 Liu Song
Peter Ebdon 0-5 Barry Hawkins

Postby Smart

Alex0paul wrote:
Bourne wrote:

He is awful. The first question he asked Ali Carter after winning last year was "Tell us about your flying."

Ali was annoyed to say the least "dont you want to know about the match" was his comments. <laugh>

Postby Alex0paul

Come on Higginson for tonight. He beat Fu at Newport last time he had his run so here is hoping it happens again. I met him whilst playing at the English Open in the summer and he is an absolute legend of a bloke.

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Ali was annoyed to say the least "dont you want to know about the match" was his comments. <laugh>

That guy was a legend. They should have him asking everybody stuff.

Postby Roland

Yeah the interviewer asking Carter the questions after his win last year was one of the worst I've ever seen. As if Carter wasn't sick enough about everyone going on about his flying.

So Stevens scraped through did he? That sets up a clash with Murphy doesn't it? Have they played since the career ending Crucible match a couple of years back?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yeah the interviewer asking Carter the questions after his win last year was one of the worst I've ever seen. As if Carter wasn't sick enough about everyone going on about his flying.

So Stevens scraped through did he? That sets up a clash with Murphy doesn't it? Have they played since the career ending Crucible match a couple of years back?

acording to a guy on TSF these are the first round head to heads.

Matthew Stevens 1-Barry Pinches 2

Allister Carter 1-1 Mark Davis
Neil Robertson 0-0 Liu Song
Stephen Hendry 7-4 Dave Harold
Ryan Day 2-0 Tony Drago
Marco Fu 0-1 Andrew Higginson
Mark Williams 6-3 Fergal O'Brien
Peter Ebdon 1-4 Barry Hawkins
Stephen Maguire 1-0 Dominic Dale
Ronnie O'Sullivan 2-0 Stuart Bingham
Ding Junhui 1-0 Jamie Cope
Mark Allen 0-0 Tom Ford
Mark King 0-0 Marcus Campbell
Shaun Murphy 3-1 Barry Pinches
Shaun Murphy 2-1 Matthew Stevens
Mark Selby 4-2 Judd Trump
Joe Perry 3-1 Graeme Dott
John Higgins 1-1 Michael Judge

Latest

Allister Carter 3-1 Mark Davis
Marco Fu 1-4 Andrew Higginson

Postby Roland

As mentioned in the blog though case, this is a product of the current ranking system where players in the same bracket don't face each other unless both get past 2 matches.

Mark Williams 6-3 Fergal O'Brien

I remember one of those 3 well - it was the start of the end of Mark Williams until this years Masters when he finally started playing as well as he was before that O'Brien match.

Postby Casey

:idea2: Yes very true.

This is dire snooker and there is no atmosphere what so ever, I know Robbo played today but it was a basic walkover. The event should really kick off tomorrow – Ronnie and Hendry both playing and Murphy v Stevens should be good.