Post a reply

Re: SWSA 2012 Spring Snooker Festival

Postby Roland

Yeah I saw GJ agree, that made me chuckle #clueless

Reanne wanted strength and to leave Jake till last, so did my captain in York and Ben wanted to put him on first with the thought that they would put their best player on first. It was a tough call, ultimately it came down to Reanne's frame because it was one of those classic one frame matches - she was the better player, but the balls didn't work out for her and give her a chance. Anyway, I'm not dwelling on it at all, it was a great event and I loved every minute of it.

The uploading of the Reanne v Ben match is about half way through by the way. Taking ages but worth it.

Postby Roland

roy142857 wrote:Just wanted to say well done to everyone, especially Team SI of course, but also the organisers of these events clearly do a superb job.

Yes the unsung heros were the staff at SWSA and Tournament Director

Postby GJ

Leaving your most inexperienced player to last is a bad idea IMO

It either shows lack of respect to the opposition , poor management or overloading your big guns too early

Call me clueless but its what I think

:gag: <ok>

The team did their best but its a forum so im here to give my opinions :wave:

Postby Roland

Part 3 which is the half hour one has just finished. Two more parts of 10 minutes to go...

Postby Roland

Typical - after all that the video was rejected for being too long. I've since verified my account so can upload longer videos but this will have to start again from scratch!

Postby snooky147

Far be it from me to criticise conditions down there but it seems to be a feature of star tables that the cushions take horrendous bounces. I have repeatedly noticed this at venues too. Is having the star table contract the price the players have to pay because if it is the makers have to fix these quite frankly awful bounces.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:I do indeed mate but it seems to be getting worse on these Star Tables.

i just think its the price you pay for having superfine cloths and not tables fault..

the bed is like playing on slate and the cushings are totally rubber sometimes balls will react very bouncy if theres no cloth to cushing the impact.

maybe the answer is thicker cloths on the cushings ?

Postby roy142857

Wild wrote:
snooky147 wrote:I do indeed mate but it seems to be getting worse on these Star Tables.

i just think its the price you pay for having superfine cloths and not tables fault..

the bed is like playing on slate and the cushings are totally rubber sometimes balls will react very bouncy if theres no cloth to cushing the impact.

maybe the answer is thicker cloths on the cushings ?

Good thought.

At least worth trying, don't like the current situation of unpredictability, always have it a bit in sport but always better to have less of a chance element.

Postby snooky147

You just can't legislate for some of the huge bounces. Oh and another thing, the pocket templates should be the same in all tournaments. They were just right in Germany and huge in Wales and China. There were some pots that were quite simply never going in but in they went. That has to be addressed.

Postby Anders

FYI - The STAR tables at the academy have No.10 on the bed and 6811 T on the cushions.

Also the templates used are all the same. The same company (World Snooker Services) do all the ranking events and all the PTC's. Why would they use different templates from one tournanent to the next?

Regarding playing which player and when. the whole debate is a bit pointless and anybody suggesting 'i would have done this or that' is just using hindsight. You put out the order you think is best and run with it, what happens from then is uncontrolable and certainly not down to 'poor management'!

Summer Festival is being run again (presume same format) on the 17th,18th and 19th of August 2012.

Postby Roland

I'm happy doing one of those a year, can't imagine I'll be at the August one, especially if I do the Pink Ribbon and extra especially if I do any of the PTCs.

Postby Anders

I wont be trying to put a team together thats for sure. Might play in the open though.

I shall probably do the Pink Ribbon..

Postby Roland

Yeah it was good last year, only problem is days off work and using up holiday. And cost of hotels obviously.

Postby Wildey

Anders wrote:FYI - The STAR tables at the academy have No.10 on the bed and 6811 T on the cushions.

Also the templates used are all the same. The same company (World Snooker Services) do all the ranking events and all the PTC's. Why would they use different templates from one tournanent to the next?

Regarding playing which player and when. the whole debate is a bit pointless and anybody suggesting 'i would have done this or that' is just using hindsight. You put out the order you think is best and run with it, what happens from then is uncontrolable and certainly not down to 'poor management'!

Summer Festival is being run again (presume same format) on the 17th,18th and 19th of August 2012.

no poor management there was no excuse at all in putting little Jake on Last poor Lad.

the weight of his team on his shoulders Sonny should bow his head in shame :john: ;-) :-D

Postby Roland

Yeah, silly tactic to reckon on a 2-1 lead from Kyren, Reanne and Oli with Ben to finish the job.

Postby Roland

I'm going to be interviewing Reanne tomorrow so although I've got a stack of questions, if you want to know anything I'm not already going to ask then now is the time to do it.

Postby Wildey

reanne

how disapointed were you in snooker islands team captain :redneck:

Postby Wildey

seriously

i think you proberbly got this question covered but ill ask it anyway.

did playing on the main tour in 2010/2011 open your eyes to what you had to do to get better as a player ? because you looked more competative in PTC This season than last.

Postby Roland

Well that's the interview done. It's a great one if I may say so myself. She answered your question John in the answer to the question before so I didn't have to ask it. I asked Wild's question. She talked about her season on tour, the ladies game in general, playing on Star tables, prize money, PTC events, Q School and many other things. She's a cracking lass it has to be said.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Well that's the interview done. It's a great one if I may say so myself. She answered your question John in the answer to the question before so I didn't have to ask it. I asked Wild's question. She talked about her season on tour, the ladies game in general, playing on Star tables, prize money, PTC events, Q School and many other things. She's a cracking lass it has to be said.

looking forward to that one <ok>